Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-02-2016, 09:27 PM   #1
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Talking The Making of Savitar! 500rwhp N/A Monster!

Welcome to my build thread guys!

Introduction

On August 24th, 2016 I was able to purchase my dream car after wanting it for many years, since the first Transformers came out and I saw Bumblebee, I was in love. The car is a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS in Cybergray Metallic.

Some mods were already done to the car when I received it. This includes aftermarket cold air intake (brandless), BBK shorty headers, and a set of SLP Loudmouth Axlebacks. As you can see, the previous owner tried to mod a little, but kinda cheap'd out on the parts. But that's alright because I've got big plans to redo it all anyway to my liking

The reason behind my username and the name of the car (Savitar) is pretty simple. I'm a huge Flash fan. He's my favorite hero, at least on the DC side. Flash is sometimes referred to as the Scarlet Speedster. Well, my car is a darker grey and gunmetal grey is my favorite color. Hence the name, Gunmetal Speedster! As far as Savitar, anyone who watches the CW show will know this baller. He is the self proclaimed God of Speed. He wears a hyperkinetic suit that happens to be dark grey. And since my Camaro is dark grey and goes fast, Savitar seemed fitting

Thank you guys for taking the time to stop by and check out my build thread. I'm excited to get started on this beast and the mods will just keep coming anytime finances allow, and the thread will be updated accordingly. This includes everything from cosmetics to bolt on's. You can also keep up with the build thread by Follwing me on Instagram @GunmetalSpeedster or subscribing to my Youtube channel at Youtube.com/SeekampTV both of those will be continually updated throughout the entire process of the build. If you guys have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to speak your mind!
Thanks,
-Tyler

Current Look!

Current Mods!

Interior:
+MGW race shift knob
+Emblem Pro's retro "Camaro" lettering - pssnger side dash
+Dome light LED upgrade

Exterior:
-Tint-
+Sun strip front windshield
+Taillights (custom)
+Side markers
+Driver/passenger/quarter window/rear window/sun roof

-Front Windshield-
+Head Turners Car Club decal

-Hood-
+Vis Racing terminator style carbon fiber hood

-Fenders-
+Black dual vinyl hashes

-Rear Windshield-
+Personal logo
+Vengeance Graphix logos (x2)
+Corsa decal
+Cold Air Inductions decal
+Camaro5.com decal

-Quarter Windows-
+YouTube URL
+Instagram handle
+Built Not Bought decal

-Wheels-
+Matte black metallic plastidip
+R1 Concept eLine Series slotted/drilled rotors
+Painted red calipers

-Front-
+ZL1 grille w/LSx badge

-Rear-
+Anvil rear notch spoiler
+Blacked out taillight bezels
+eBay "Shark Fin" diffuser
+SAVITAR vanity plate

Power Adders:
+Night Fury camshaft
+Cold Air Inductions intake
+JRE race scoop
+Bo White ported TB
+Powerbond 25% UDP
+Speed Engineering longtube headers w/o cats
+NPP catback

Current Power! (504HP/433TQ)

*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 01-05-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

First Mod!!!

So, I've started my first mod. I've decided to retrofit my 2010 with an NPP exhaust much like the newer Camaro's have. I really like the idea of it, it will add a sort of uniqueness to it since most 2010's don't have this feature, and it's a good way to introduce quad tips to the layout.

First, I researched what all I would need in order to pull this off. Step one was buying a new diffuser to accommodate the quad tips that I would be using since the stock rear valence doesn't allow the room for that. I used GM part number 22815277 which is the 1LE diffuser.

Next, I got ahold of a used pair of ZL1 NPP mufflers someone was selling on ebay.

I swapped out the stock diffuser and drove to my local muffler shop and had them install the NPP mufflers and remove the SLP Loudmouths that were on it so I could sell them. I think it looks way better than stock!

Before

After

The only thing left to do is order NPP in a box and run the vacuum hose that comes with it from the intake manifold to the mufflers and I should have a functional NPP system. Of course it wont activate on it's own, but I'll be able to control it with a push of a button. I have yet to order that part, it's the last piece of the puzzle to complete this retrofit. I will be ordering it soon and I'm excited to see how it turns out!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 10-18-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Gunmetal Speedster

LED Lighting Upgrade!

So deciding to put the NPP in a box on hold, I decided to order my SCT x4 tuner instead. In the meantime, I went ahead and changed all the incandescent ugly yellow lights to LED, I think they give a much more clean look to the car. The only exception is the reverse lights, in order to replace those you apparently have to remove the rear bumper and I wasn't about that at this point in time. All LED's were courtesy of Diode Dynamics, they have a kit that replaces the interior dome light, trunk light, and the license plate lights for $30.

Really happy with the outcome, such a simple mod to make the car look way better, this is the way it should have come from the factory in my opinion. Now for those pesky reverse lights...
Old 10-29-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
Gunmetal Speedster

Today I added a polished and mirrored chrome trim to the v8 on the engine cover and retro Camaro lettering to the passenger side dash. I love it! It's the little things

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 05-18-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

I know the last few "mods" haven't actually been any big modifications, and that's mainly due to lack of funds. Some other things around home have required my attention, but I've been getting in the little things I've wanted to do in the meantime. Like this next "mod" for example. I have an amateur youtube channel, one which I mostly just do auto-vlogs on. My username on there is the same as it is here and as well on instagram. I worked with Vengeance Graphix, he's a member I met here on the forums, to help get my logo on the back of my windshield. He is a super awesome guy to work with, very talented! I would definitely recommend checking him out, especially if you are considering having any work done!

This is the finished product I think it turned out amazing! And it's just something to fill that modding void until I can get back to making the big changes.

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 05-18-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

The last of the decals have finally been added. Now sporting VegeanceGraphix's logo's because he's awesome and great to work with. Also added were my social media links, along with the official Camaro5.com decal to represent the site as well.

A little self-promotion never hurt anyone

Dont mind the dirty back window, I only cleaned off where the decals were gonna go haha

I also blacked out my wheels using Duplicolor EZ-peel custom wrap in matte black metallic. I think they look a lot better than the factory finish and they will match the direction I'm going with the car.

Do not fret, actual mods coming soon! Just taking care of some minor cosmetic's that I've planned on doing for a while now. CAI intake will be coming later this week. And Speed Engineering headers shortly after that!

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 12-06-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

CAI Intake!

Finally decided to get rid of the cheaper Spectre intake that was on the car when I bought it and upgrade to the CAI intake that everyone seems to love. Installation was easy and it looks much better now. Added a personal touch with the Camaro lettering. Also upgraded to the strong MAF sensor at the same time to ensure there is no issues with that later down the road.

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 12-11-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
The last of the decals have finally been added. Now sporting VegeanceGraphix's logo's because he's awesome and great to work with. Also added were my social media links, along with the official Camaro5.com decal to represent the site as well.

A little self-promotion never hurt anyone

Dont mind the dirty back window, I only cleaned off where the decals were gonna go haha

I also blacked out my rims using Duplicolor EZ-peel custom wrap in matte black metallic. I think they look a lot better than the factory finish and they will match the direction I'm going with the car.

Do not fret, actual mods coming soon! Just taking care of some minor cosmetic's that I've planned on doing for a while now. CAI intake will be coming later this week. And Speed Engineering headers shortly after that!
Looking good!
Old 12-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #9
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance Graphix View Post
Looking good!
Thanks buddy! Awesome work on the decals! Still working on finding the right place for your instagram handle
Old 12-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #10
Gunmetal Speedster

Exhaust..Finally!

I've finally been able to accrue the funds to start working on my exhaust setup. Originally I was gonna run longtubes with the ZL1 NPP mufflers and run vacuum to them to have a functional NPP system. But I heard a buddies camaro with longtubes and the Corsa Xtreme catback and it sounded amazing. So I sold my ZL1 NPP's to a member on here for his build to set up the car to be ready for the installation of the catback. However, in the brief time I've had the mufflers hacked off prior to ordering the Corsa, I've fallen in love with the beautiful bellowing grumble these cars make without the mufflers. Corsa would introduce that raspy exotic growl that sounds good, but doesn't sound like it should go with this american muscle. So I've decided to keep the muffler delete and just have my local shop fabricate the piping from where I removed the mufflers to the rear valence. Since I'm now in the need of new quad tips, I ordered the SS clones everyone seems to rave about. And they look sweet! 3in inlet to the quad tipped 4in outlet. Can't wait to see how they look on the car, I get them put on in the morning! Will post back with pictures of it then

Old 12-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #11
Gunmetal Speedster

Got the tips installed today and completed my muffler delete piping! I think it sounds good and looks even better

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 12-11-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #12
Gunmetal Speedster

Headers!

Today my Speed Engineering longtubes came in! Very excited to get this install underway as soon as possible

Old 12-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #13
Gunmetal Speedster

Someone has been watching my driving habits..

Old 12-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #14
Gunmetal Speedster

Got my Speed Engineering headers installed! Went about as expected. They look, perform, and sound awesome If you want a video of how they sound, click my Instagram link in my sig!