Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #29
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
[QUOTE=uvraise;10719173]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvraise View Post
I posted this a while ago. I had the Vitesse and had issues with it after about a year. Say what you want about the electronics from China, but I left this unit in my pants pocket, full wash and dry cycles and it still works like the day I installed it.

This unit is $51, shipped. I highly recommend it before spending $200, just my two cents.

Quote:
I've had this for over a year now, not a single issue. I even left the module in my pants pocket once and washed it, still works great! I posted a while back about the VTC. I had quite a few issues with it. I would definitely purchase this product again, not to mention it's much cheaper now then when I bought it. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

NEW LINK TO THE PRODUCT:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2b302fc22oCsdn
Equally important as the quality of the control unit circuit board is the origin/quality of the harness connectors. VTC and JMS PedalMax use eom Delphi harnesses. Don't know if you're going to get Delphi harnesses with a $51 TC
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:15 PM   #30
uvraise

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS Convertible
[QUOTE=camguynj;10719484]
Quote:
Equally important as the quality of the control unit circuit board is the origin/quality of the harness connectors. VTC and JMS PedalMax use eom Delphi harnesses. Don't know if you're going to get Delphi harnesses with a $51 TC
You may not get a "Delphi" harness, but the connector was verified by the seller before I made the purchase. I can only attest to the controller I have and my experience with it, which has been nothing short of great.

2015 SS2/RS, SCT Tune (Dynosteve), Vitesse Throttle Controller, Vararam VR-DRX CAI, Vararam Power Wedge TBS, Granatelli Performance MAF
uvraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:46 PM   #31
Athletics101

Drives: 5th Gen L99
I still don’t see the big deal with these. Can’t you give it more gas, they don’t actually make more power. So it makes your accelerator more touch?
LSA conversion 2.5 upper 10% lower, L99 converted to LS3. TSP 229/244 cam, TSP LS3 ported and milled heads milled .015,Kooks LT’s no cats, Roto Fab, Borla arak cat back. 3200 stall,Forgestar F14 18’s and drag radials, pedders coil overs, BMR trailing arms & adjustable toe rods, mildly stripped Interior 685/613 on E 610/571 on 91
Athletics101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:20 AM   #32
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Originally Posted by Athletics101
So it makes your accelerator more touch?

Exactly! It lessons the pressure you have to apply to the pedal as it eliminates the lag between the accelerator pedal sensor signal to the throttle body sensor making the car feel quicker, more responsive by enabling you to get from say idle to 2000rpm sooner. However it does not make the car faster as 0-40 or above times will still be the same at wot. A tune CAN NOT achieve the same touch effect nor reduce the lag as a tune CAN NOT adjust/boost the signal in the accelerator pedal sensor (which ONLY a TC can do) that is sent to the throttle body sensor

Last edited by camguynj; 02-09-2020 at 09:08 PM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #33
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletics101 View Post
I still don’t see the big deal with these. Can’t you give it more gas, they don’t actually make more power. So it makes your accelerator more touch?
No, you can't just give it more gas. You will still have a delay from when the car reacts to that throttle input. It opens the throttle blade quicker than your foot alone can. The whole point of this device is to reduce the inherent delay built into the system.

It is not about quantity of throttle input, ie. giving it more throttle. It is about time and reducing the delay from your requested input. That reduced delay translates to a feeling of extreme responsiveness. The throttle will simply react much quicker to your foot.

When manufacturers switched over to electronic throttle controls it added a delay to the system by nature of design. You are waiting for the computer to process your requests, and while computers are fast there is still a delay, and those delays add up. Older cars used a throttle cable which meant nearly instant response, at least when it came to the position of the throttle blade.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:43 PM   #34
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
It doesn’t matter how fast you push the accelerator pedal. It only opens the throttle body at the same slow speed. These throttle controllers make it act more like a actual cable. Its not the a 1/4 throttle is now 1/2 throttle. It is now when you push ghe throttle half way it opens 1/2 way almost instantly. It removes that built in delay. This video shows how it acts stock.

https://youtu.be/CiR4URnjPIU

There’s so much misinformation out there about how throttle controllers actually work.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:41 PM   #35
Athletics101

Drives: 5th Gen L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
It doesn’t matter how fast you push the accelerator pedal. It only opens the throttle body at the same slow speed. These throttle controllers make it act more like a actual cable. Its not the a 1/4 throttle is now 1/2 throttle. It is now when you push ghe throttle half way it opens 1/2 way almost instantly. It removes that built in delay. This video shows how it acts stock.

https://youtu.be/CiR4URnjPIU

There’s so much misinformation out there about how throttle controllers actually work.
Great info guys, thank you.
LSA conversion 2.5 upper 10% lower, L99 converted to LS3. TSP 229/244 cam, TSP LS3 ported and milled heads milled .015,Kooks LT’s no cats, Roto Fab, Borla arak cat back. 3200 stall,Forgestar F14 18’s and drag radials, pedders coil overs, BMR trailing arms & adjustable toe rods, mildly stripped Interior 685/613 on E 610/571 on 91
Athletics101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #36
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
No, you can't just give it more gas. You will still have a delay from when the car reacts to that throttle input. It opens the throttle blade quicker than your foot alone can. The whole point of this device is to reduce the inherent delay built into the system.

It is not about quantity of throttle input, ie. giving it more throttle. It is about time and reducing the delay from your requested input. That reduced delay translates to a feeling of extreme responsiveness. The throttle will simply react much quicker to your foot.

When manufacturers switched over to electronic throttle controls it added a delay to the system by nature of design. You are waiting for the computer to process your requests, and while computers are fast there is still a delay, and those delays add up. Older cars used a throttle cable which meant nearly instant response, at least when it came to the position of the throttle blade.

Good explanation
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #37
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I run my Pedal Commander on Sport -3 which feels right for me. No issues since original install, about a year ago. Bought it used for $100. Anyone that has driven my car is majorly impressed by the response time difference from stock to using the Commander.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #38
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
^ That video kicks ass. The best explanation of what is actually happening. I thought throttle controllers were snake oil before, now I can see a need for one. Although I already solved the problem with mods and a tune, it may be fun to test one out in the future.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #39
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I have used Pedal Commanders on 3 cars and have never had a problem. The Bluetooth interface is great and fit and finish of the product is the best I've seen for Throttle Controllers. They also offer a military discount if you are currently or have served in the Armed Forces.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:32 PM   #40
SuperSportCamaro
Banned

Drives: chevy
I have a Sprint Booster, which is just a different brand. Had it on my 2011 V6 6 speed. Fits all 2010-2015 V6 Camaro 6 speed manuals. Might fit Automatic.
Its available here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sprint-Boos....c100290.m3507

Last edited by SuperSportCamaro; 09-10-2020 at 02:45 AM. Reason: ig
SuperSportCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:32 PM   #41
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
I posted this a while ago. I had the Vitesse and had issues with it after about a year. Say what you want about the electronics from China, but I left this unit in my pants pocket, full wash and dry cycles and it still works like the day I installed it.

This unit is $51, shipped. I highly recommend it before spending $200, just my two cents.

Quote:
I've had this for over a year now, not a single issue. I even left the module in my pants pocket once and washed it, still works great! I posted a while back about the VTC. I had quite a few issues with it. I would definitely purchase this product again, not to mention it's much cheaper now then when I bought it. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2f7a6d512TsfBl

Looks like it is $45 shipped to me. For that price, I'll give it a go. My Vitesse didn't work out for me too well. Worked great for 2 months. Loved it. Put me in limp mode once and I took it out.

Be happy to sell it for what I paid for it - $100 if someone else wants to give it a shot.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:50 AM   #42
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
^ Please give a full review and test when you get it installed.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote