Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: Horse Power at Crank
800 - 825 Horse Power 0 0%
826 - 850 Horse Power 1 20.00%
851 - 875 Horse Power 0 0%
876 - 900 Horse Power 0 0%
901 - 925 Horse Power 1 20.00%
926 - 950 Horse Power 1 20.00%
951 - 975 Horse Power 0 0%
976 - 1000 Horse Power 1 20.00%
1000+ Horse Power 1 20.00%
Good forbid - Engine Failure... 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #183
Vicster

Drives: 13' ZL1
Angry DYNO WAS A BUST!

I left work this morning and went to the Mustang shop, I was just going to wait around for them to open. When I got there the place was overrun with police and FBI.

I was able to talk to an employee real quick, he said that they had come in early as they left work early yesterday due to the heat. He overheard one of the official type persons with a badge saying where is all the money... Needless to say no dyno today, do not know if they closed down the shop...

But no dyno today...

UPDATE: Well it seems that someone there was under investigation and included in a 2 year sting operation for drugs and gun running. According to a local news source 45 places in Washington were hit by the police and the feds.
https://www.kentreporter.com/news/mu...five-counties/

Last edited by Vicster; 07-04-2021 at 02:58 PM.
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:19 PM   #184
Vicster

Talking Where OH Where to Dyno?

Well The Mustang Shop is not going to happen, So a friend referred me to Blood Performance in Auburn the owner was up front with me that his dyno would not support the HP I am after, he referred me to Ross Performance in Auburn. So I called Ross and I am awaiting to hear back from their tuner so I can get an appointment date and time.

NO JOY, THEY NEVER CALLED BACK... VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Vicster; 07-12-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:24 PM   #185
Vicster

Talking Aligment

After installing everything and hitting the road again, the car felt wrong... The ass end was unpredictable! So I took it into Hankook Tire in Lynwood again, after discussing my issues and how I wanted it to handle with the owner. The mechanic went to work on the suspension, THEY NAILED IT AGAIN!!! Man it feels and handles like a dream, my baby is back!!

The first pic is over exaggerated to make a point, the second pic is the before and after alignment.
Attached Images

Last edited by Vicster; 07-12-2021 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:31 PM   #186
Vicster

Cool Dyno Tune...

Well have been trying to reach the tuner (Kenny) everyday at Ross performance, he has not returned my calls. So I am trying to get it the car scheduled at the Carb Connection in Kirkland. See if I can manage to get it done before the XXX Camaro car show, at this point does not look like I will...
I really wanted to show off the numbers I know that the car can do!
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #187
Ds98formula

Drives: 2015 M6 ZL1, 2012 silverado
Can not wait to see the numbers this puts down
Old 07-15-2021, 07:33 PM   #188
Vicster

Dyno Tune...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds98formula View Post
Can not wait to see the numbers this puts down
ME TOO!!!

Well I will not have the dyno run done by this weekend for the car show, I am so disappointed!
Ross never returned my calls, Car Conn never got back to me I also tried contacting the Mustang Shop no reply by phone or email. As a last resort I contacted Tommy Wong HE DID REPLY TO ME but will not be able to dyno the car till mid Sept. Called Ross one last time will see what happens... Not holding my breath! I will update when I have a dyno date and the results, so stay tuned!

On a side note I got the other head prepped, deburred and casting flash removed it is also painted the Metallic Red and ready to go. According to Callies my crank is suppose to ship next week. When I get it I can finally take the parts to the machine shop to be verified and the block decked and bored.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:14 AM   #189
Vicster

Talking CarShow

The car show was fun! Had a great time talking to everyone. Answered a lot of questions.
We took 1st place in our class Gen. 5 modified!
Attached Images

Last edited by Vicster; 07-20-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #190
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
That's awesome buddy. Glad you got out and had a good time. 👍
GPI SS1 Camshaft with vvt, GM Performance lifters, Comp CAMS trunnion upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly pushrods, Pac Polished .660 valve springs, Melling 10355HV oil pump, Cold Air Inductions cai, TSP 1 7/8" longtubes with 3" exhaust, true cool 40k tranny cooler
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #191
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
New to this build....WOW! Subbing this one! Can't wait to see what's next!
Old 07-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #192
Vicster

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
New to this build....WOW! Subbing this one! Can't wait to see what's next!
Hello,

Thank you!!! If I can just get the car on a dyno would be a big step to finish the engine that is in it. I think we all want to see what it can do!
Next is the Bigger Badder More Power engine build! Right now I am awaiting the crank to be delivered it is held up at the Fedex center here in Tacoma Wa., it was suppose to be delivered on the 20th nine days ago!!! I keep calling them and they tell me the same song and dance, I really think they lost it or damaged it and do not know what to do with a $3000 paper weight!
As soon as I get it I can Schedule my block to go to the machine shop...
Old 07-29-2021, 11:31 AM   #193
Vicster

Cool Rear Suspension

I have been discussing on another thread about the ass end of the ZL1 feeling loose.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212170

I purchased the BMR Rear Outer Trailing Arm Bushings P/N: BK006 I am also going to look over and check all suspension mount bolts. Hope I find the cause and can correct it.

But upgrading these bushings should help!
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2021, 07:53 PM   #194
Vicster

Talking Guess what I got TODAY!!!

Well it finally arrived, my Callies Magnum Billet CCW LS Crank! It is already balanced to 1,930 grams for my rotating assy. This thing is a work of art!

Installed the Timing Chain Pully and the Pilot Bearing. Pics are with the corrosion coating still on the crank, the bearing journals are like mirrors!

Callies Notes:
The best features of crankshaft design are incorporated into each Magnum Billet Crankshaft. Drawing from years of crankshaft experience, the Callies design team created a lightweight, eight counterweight crankshaft.

After years of service, Magnum crankshafts by Callies have established themselves as one of the most durable competition crankshafts ever produced. Magnum crankshafts are manufactured from ultra pure AISI 4340 steel. Callies then subjects this material to multiple heat treatments, resulting in a crankshaft with unsurpassed wear and strength characteristics. All Magnum cranks feature Callies Ultra-Case heat treatment. Each Magnum crank will have gun drilled mains and fully profiled counterweights, regardless of engine type. A typical 4.000” stroke Small Block Chevy will weigh less than 48 pounds. Magnum crankshafts are available for a variety of engine types and can be manufactured to your specific configuration.
Attached Images

Last edited by Vicster; 08-03-2021 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:32 AM   #195
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
That thing is freaking nice!
GPI SS1 Camshaft with vvt, GM Performance lifters, Comp CAMS trunnion upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly pushrods, Pac Polished .660 valve springs, Melling 10355HV oil pump, Cold Air Inductions cai, TSP 1 7/8" longtubes with 3" exhaust, true cool 40k tranny cooler
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:23 PM   #196
Vicster

OH NO!

Just found this...
KONG 3100 SUPERCHARGER UPDATE: March 2021
VMP Announced the same thing at the same time

As of today, Kong performance is officially no longer releasing a TVS3100 for the LS or LT platform. Our thorough preproduction testing has been extensive to say the least. During testing, we have found that there is no worthy performance gain from making the TVS2650 to TVS3100 switch. The idea of these rotors was exciting to us and our customers. We were excited to bring them to market in multiple variations. With that being said, we never have, and never will release an untested, unproven product. We will continue to push the bar and seek out all avenues to bring the most reliable and most powerful products to the market for our customers. Thank you for all the support! Much more is coming!

Good on them!!! If only more businesses were as honest!
Attached Images

Last edited by Vicster; 08-03-2021 at 12:54 PM.