Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 12-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #155
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Where can I find NCM and Drag race price info?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #156
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Where can I find NCM and Drag race price info?
Not for another month. www.camarofest.org
Old 12-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #157
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Everybody is basically at the track all day Friday and Saturday so how hard is it for everyone to pick up their cones, chairs etc for the day until you decide to return many hours laters. Trying to save spots for 6, 8, 10 hrs is just rude to others and makes us as a group look bad. We all care and want to hang out, meet new people but a little respect for everyone goes a long way.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #158
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlackCamaroSS View Post
Everybody is basically at the track all day Friday and Saturday so how hard is it for everyone to pick up their cones, chairs etc for the day until you decide to return many hours laters. Trying to save spots for 6, 8, 10 hrs is just rude to others and makes us as a group look bad. We all care and want to hang out, meet new people but a little respect for everyone goes a long way.
Agree... and that's not going to fly, especially with the hotel itself. But upon returning from the track the 1st one arriving from a group could set out a couple cones if his folks are following very close behind. Then if the lot fills all cones definitely need to come up.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #159
vja 2014 zl1

Drives: 2018 Triple Black ZL1 A10
Good luck with that
vja 2014 zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:59 AM   #160
PowerCreep

Drives: '14 SS 509.5 RWHP
I have to say as a newbie to this event I am moderately concerned about this talk of cones and people being pissed at one another. I'm not with a club or group. Just rolling in with one black Camaro and my son. I want a place to park at MY hotel but I'm not fighting someone over it. However, I will be more than happy to let management know that as a paying customer I deserve a parking spot. If that means your cone or chair gets moved, I'm sorry.
PowerCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #161
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
I agree with putting cones out, only when you come back, to save spots for clubs/groups. Leaving them out all day is just stupid. That being said, there is also a common decency/respect that should be involved.
We travel from all over the country to hang out as a Camaro family. If there is a car/s parked that is causing a club/group to not be able to park together, they shouldn't get all pissy if someone asks them if they can move.

Hopefully the Holiday Inn doesn't try to block off the parking lot like they did last year. But it was fun watching guys throw their barricades in the bushes!

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:33 AM   #162
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCreep View Post
I have to say as a newbie to this event I am moderately concerned about this talk of cones and people being pissed at one another. I'm not with a club or group. Just rolling in with one black Camaro and my son. I want a place to park at MY hotel but I'm not fighting someone over it. However, I will be more than happy to let management know that as a paying customer I deserve a parking spot. If that means your cone or chair gets moved, I'm sorry.
That's one of the reasons we have these discussions here so folks can discuss concerns beforehand. It's not really about having available parking spots but more parking next to your buddies. Some travel long distances to visit friends they only see once a year. Saving a spot when returning from the track for a few minutes should not be a problem, especially when the entire lot is open.

That being said there will definitely be no extended length cone drops and we'll work with the hotel to police this if it happens, so if anyone is upset they can talk to the front desk, but after this discussion I doubt that will be the case. They did pick some up last year when there was a wedding at the convention center. The bride and groom came out to join our party after the wedding.

Also, we have more parking available this year. There used to be no parking at the convention center. This is now where our parking lot party has moved shown by the green text.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 534
Size:  107.8 KB
Old 12-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #163
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
hmm I might be in for the autoX!

Ill keep my eyes open for details!
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:28 PM   #164
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

That being said there will definitely be no extended length cone drops and we'll work with the hotel to police this if it happens,
Lets talk about that Cone you have down there,
yeah thats got to go !
Is this the kind of policing you were referring to Mike. Hehe
Attached Images

Last edited by lawdog; 12-30-2017 at 06:35 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:42 AM   #165
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #166
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Will there be any Corvette factory tours built in?
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:57 PM   #167
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
Will there be any Corvette factory tours built in?
The factory is closed for tours, but the museum will be open.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:08 PM   #168
SSTURRY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Hennessey
New to this but I wouldn’t mind participating at least a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ported Cylinder Heads / Hennessey Performance CAI / / redone valvetrain (Hennessey specific) / Hennessey Performance Cam / Longtubes / 160 Degree Thermostat / Savini (Hennessey) matte black wheels, chrome lip (staggered) / Solid engine mounts / Hotchkis F&R Sway bars / UMI Performance Trailing and toe arms / Hotchkis 4pt tower brace / TVS2300 @10psi with cog drive / Aeroforce scangauge / SLP boost gauge / Corsa sport cat back / UMI Performance tunnel brace / Smoked LED tails (sequential) / large fin rear diffuser / Smoked running lights (led) / and more
SSTURRY is offline   Reply With Quote