Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-23-2016, 06:51 AM   #43
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post
I've never had a return problem. I'm doing this TSB to hopefully get a better pedal feel. I've driven manuals for over 45 years and I have a hell of a time driving this car smooth on the street. The pedal just has a weird feel to it. May end up not being any better, but we'll see. I have a friend with a ZL1 that drove my car and he thought it felt goofy also compared to his car.
Check this thread out re: RAM Clutch pedal adjuster Can't say enough good things about it. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411141
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:19 AM   #44
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Is it just the clutch pedal and springs that are replaced ?
What about the master clyinder ??
Thanks
Yeah. Just the pedal assembly, not the master cylinder.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:22 AM   #45
Freddy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post
I've never had a return problem. I'm doing this TSB to hopefully get a better pedal feel. I've driven manuals for over 45 years and I have a hell of a time driving this car smooth on the street. The pedal just has a weird feel to it. May end up not being any better, but we'll see. I have a friend with a ZL1 that drove my car and he thought it felt goofy also compared to his car.
Yeah, for me the clutch just didn't feel liner at all, and this TSB fixed it. I can shift way smoother than before. Let us know what you think afterwards
Old 06-23-2016, 10:59 AM   #46
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
Thank you for sharing this info, just called my dealer and scheduled this.
Hi 608RS,

We’re glad to hear you were proactive in scheduling an appointment for your Camaro, though we recognize how upsetting your clutch concern may be. If we can provide an additional layer of support while your vehicle is being serviced, feel free to shoot us a private message. We’re always available to help!

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #47
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi 608RS,

We’re glad to hear you were proactive in scheduling an appointment for your Camaro, though we recognize how upsetting your clutch concern may be. If we can provide an additional layer of support while your vehicle is being serviced, feel free to shoot us a private message. We’re always available to help!

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you, Castle Chevrolet North (Formally Hoskins Chevrolet) here in IL has always taken care of me

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #48
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Yeah, i would definitely do a clutch upgrade when i start modding. For now, these springs will do the trick.

And the clutch Assembly came with our car has two return spring, one on each side of the pedal, they are just weak. It will do a 1/4 travel just by pressing with my finger.
It looks like two but is actually one.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2016, 05:58 AM   #49
Freddy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
It looks like two but is actually one.
Didn't know this before.. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #50
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/dFJPRm Posted by 608RS[/url] [quote name="Chevrolet Customer Svc" post=9167001]Hi 608RS,

We?re glad to hear you were proactive in scheduling an appointment for your Camaro, though we recognize how upsetting your clutch concern may be. If we can provide an additional layer of support while your vehicle is being serviced, feel free to shoot us a private message. We?re always available to help!

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you, Castle Chevrolet North (Formally Hoskins Chevrolet) here in IL has always taken care of me[/QUOTE]

Hi 608RS,

We are glad to hear Castle Chevrolet North is addressing your concern! As Steph B. mentioned, if we can ever be of assistance, we?re only a message away.

Have a great day,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #51
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Band-aid fix. Just wait til the ridiculous plastic bearing support in the clutch slave fails. Spring will not help you there. Mine failed at 130 mph at the end of a half mile straight, lucky for me I installed a separate clutch resisvour and I did not lose my brakes.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:57 PM   #52
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
F'n dealerships. I swear on my children if GM ever starts selling cars direct online and finds a way to let me pick independent mechanics or will ship me the parts to do my own warranty work ... I'm there.

Called my local shithole and they neither have the TSB part in stock, and are refusing to order it until I can bring the car to them and they can "verify" that my car is affected. I told them that they know my VIN (its on file), can't they "verify" right now? "No, we need to see it in person." I explained that the problem is intermittent, "We still need the car here in front of us." And you can't pre-order the part(s) so that I don't have to leave my car there for multiple days? No.

Why? Why is this so hard? Why do they have to **** with you so badly? Is this some sort of fun game they like to play with people? I took off next Thursday to get this TSB done, get an inspection done, and then run a number of errands I've been pushing off for a few months. Now they're going to have my car all day and into the next, so there goes all the other errands I wanted to run. ****wad bullshit asswipes. Why can't any dealership anywhere hire people with a modicum of either common sense or customer service.

This is the same place that, a few months after taking delivery of my car, told me I have to get my car there myself when the battery died completely. They are literally 1.9 miles down the road from me, on the same road I live on. They wouldn't come with a jumper box or set of cables, I was on my own. Not that this is any worse than any other dealership experience than I've ever had before with any manufacturer.

I hate dealerships. I hate dealerships. I hate dealerships. I hate dealerships. They all need to go away. Go away. I hate dealerships. Hate them. Hate them. Go away. Assholes.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #53
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
F'n dealerships. I swear on my children if GM ever starts selling cars direct online and finds a way to let me pick independent mechanics or will ship me the parts to do my own warranty work ... I'm there.

Called my local shithole and they neither have the TSB part in stock, and are refusing to order it until I can bring the car to them and they can "verify" that my car is affected. I told them that they know my VIN (its on file), can't they "verify" right now? "No, we need to see it in person." I explained that the problem is intermittent, "We still need the car here in front of us." And you can't pre-order the part(s) so that I don't have to leave my car there for multiple days? No.

Why? Why is this so hard? Why do they have to **** with you so badly? Is this some sort of fun game they like to play with people? I took off next Thursday to get this TSB done, get an inspection done, and then run a number of errands I've been pushing off for a few months. Now they're going to have my car all day and into the next, so there goes all the other errands I wanted to run. ****wad bullshit asswipes. Why can't any dealership anywhere hire people with a modicum of either common sense or customer service.

This is the same place that, a few months after taking delivery of my car, told me I have to get my car there myself when the battery died completely. They are literally 1.9 miles down the road from me, on the same road I live on. They wouldn't come with a jumper box or set of cables, I was on my own. Not that this is any worse than any other dealership experience than I've ever had before with any manufacturer.

I hate dealerships. I hate dealerships. I hate dealerships. I hate dealerships. They all need to go away. Go away. I hate dealerships. Hate them. Hate them. Go away. Assholes.
I take that back. I had nothing but an amazing experience at Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven, MI (Becky made that happen of course). Everyone else needs to go away go away go away go away. I hate dealerships other than Rodgers. I hate dealerships other than Rodgers.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #54
Freddy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post

Im sorry to hear that man, some dealerships are horrible. I tried multiple dealerships, finally found one that im happy with, all you need is a great service manager and one knowledgeable tech. Maybe try another dealer down the road.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #55
Freddy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Band-aid fix. Just wait til the ridiculous plastic bearing support in the clutch slave fails. Spring will not help you there. Mine failed at 130 mph at the end of a half mile straight, lucky for me I installed a separate clutch resisvour and I did not lose my brakes.

Which separate clutch resisvour did you go for? Do you have the part # for it. Sounds pretty terrifying, probably should get one just in case.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #56
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Im sorry to hear that man, some dealerships are horrible. I tried multiple dealerships, finally found one that im happy with, all you need is a great service manager and one knowledgeable tech. Maybe try another dealer down the road.
This is the best dealership in the area. Every other Chevy dealership within 20 miles of me gets less than 3 stars on Google reviews and has horror stories related to both sales and service.