Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #15
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

It sounds like you're a little salty that the 2019 V6 looks so damn good.
Not at all, look at what the COPO uses for a front bumper cover, grill, lights etc, yep my 2016 1LT V6 configuration. None of the 2019 Camaro trim configurations look better than 16, 17, 18 IMO other than the ZL1 which supposedly has not been touched for 2019. I will say the 2019 V6 car does look better than the SS. The only way I could live with the 2019 SS is it would have to be a black car and I would remove the bowtie in put it in the upper grille where it belongs.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
This thread is as stupid as the poor grammar title.

They did do a reveal in Vegas for dealers and media (invite only) exactly the way most of this stuff goes. Then it was released on national TV with all the press outlets who attended the reveal following up. For once they did an awesome job keeping it under wraps and now everyone is upset they didn't get their leaked info and teasers LOL.

Camaro wasn't the only refresh either I promise you'll get your big live reveal when the 7th gen comes.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #17
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The reason the refresh “reveal” was so underwhelming is there was no Z/28. The 6th gen is done and GM is just going to let it coast until the 7th gen.

GM is going to put as little money as possible in the Camaro and whatever happens, happens.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #18
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
This thread is as stupid as the poor grammar title.

They did do a reveal in Vegas for dealers and media (invite only) exactly the way most of this stuff goes. Then it was released on national TV with all the press outlets who attended the reveal following up. For once they did an awesome job keeping it under wraps and now everyone is upset they didn't get their leaked info and teasers LOL.

Camaro wasn't the only refresh either I promise you'll get your big live reveal when the 7th gen comes.

Really!!!! The lame duck refresh reveal was because Camaro had garbage to offer, there was nothing to leak to get people excited or interested... nothing, natta... hush hush no one will notice. Just one plus and that's the 10 speed in the SS only to make that fizzle out by the ugly front facia and grill on the SS
Old 04-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
It's just a refresh? Not like they're revealing a new generation.
^ This.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #20
Crim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Really!!!! The lame duck refresh reveal was because Camaro had garbage to offer, there was nothing to leak to get people excited or interested... nothing, natta... hush hush no one will notice. Just one plus and that's the 10 speed in the SS only to make that fizzle out by the ugly front facia and grill on the SS
LMAO @ more complete stupidity. So GM knows they are putting out garbage and they intentionally tried to hide it. This just doesn't get any better.

People complain about a bumper and bowtie placement on the SS so it's all garbage now.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

It sounds like you're a little salty that the 2019 V6 looks so damn good.
LOL... Now that's a first... but I have to agree. The 19 V6 is freaking sweet.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #22
lt4camaro

Quote:
LMAO @ more complete stupidity. So GM knows they are putting out garbage and they intentionally tried to hide it. This just doesn't get any better.

People complain about a bumper and bowtie placement on the SS so it's all garbage now.
GM knew the refresh wasn't going to rise any eyebrows, the car is by no means garbage. I praise and talk about the 6th gen because its a great car.
The looks of the car were never controversial in my eyes, loved it. Cannot say that about the 2019. I really cannot believe someone signed off on such easy to design and to execute cosmetic change like facia's and said, yeah this looks better than the 2018 so lets go with it. And what the hell, the other changes we made mechanical and electronics wise were so good , the cosmetic side of things (which should be top priority) were considered MEH imho. Look at the scope of the 2018 mustang refresh , the fanfare, the reception. I have not read a single bad remark or thought on that refresh because it was done right .
Old 04-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #23
Crim

Quote:
GM knew the refresh wasn't going to rise any eyebrows, the car is by no means garbage. I praise and talk about the 6th gen because its a great car.
The looks of the car were never controversial in my eyes, loved it. Cannot say that about the 2019. I really cannot believe someone signed off on such easy to design and to execute cosmetic change like facia's and said, yeah this looks better than the 2018 so lets go with it. And what the hell, the other changes we made mechanical and electronics wise were so good , the cosmetic side of things (which should be top priority) were considered MEH imho. Look at the scope of the 2018 mustang refresh , the fanfare, the reception. I have not read a single bad remark or thought on that refresh because it was done right .
OMG... they lost their minds just like everyone does at all the refreshes. All you have to do is read the 1st line of this thread. or here's their refresh thread where right off the bat the negative comments start.

They hated the refresh... and as usual that's the way it goes at 1st announcement... then folks start warming up to it. To even insinuate all the things you are about GM is simply ludicrous. We got some great stuff in this refresh whether you personally like it or not.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #24
lt4camaro

Quote:
OMG... they lost their minds just like everyone does at all the refreshes. All you have to do is read the 1st line of this thread.

They hated the refresh... and as usual that's the way it goes at 1st announcement... then folks start warming up to it. To even insinuate all the things you are about GM is simply ludicrous. We got some great stuff in this refresh whether you personally like it or not.

So glad you liked it and lets watch the sales tank worse than they already have.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #25
Crim

Quote:
So glad you liked it and lets watch the sales tank worse than they already have.
...a true fan you are.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #26
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
OMG... they lost their minds just like everyone does at all the refreshes. All you have to do is read the 1st line of this thread. or here's their refresh thread where right off the bat the negative comments start.

Or maybe get accustomed to it, so they don’t keep repeating how much they hate it.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #27
lt4camaro

Quote:
...a true fan you are.

Guaranteed more than you could ever be, but being a GM/Camaro fan cannot change how the public and other enthusiasts choose there reasons to buy or not to buy.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:16 PM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote