Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #71
jay_beltran805

Drives: Tahoe, Chrysler 300
Thank You!!! I think im one of the few who really likes the overall design of the Camaro ss but as long as I like it I don't care what anyone says !! Hope to see the zl1 and 1LE SOON! As well as diff colors of the SS to make my decision on getting my dream car !
jay_beltran805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #72
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Hey just keep on doing what you guys are doing! I worked at a call center for a few years and at first it really made me get upset as how people are and made me think if I was wrong... Forward a few months after and I noticed a trend that people will just never be happy. So I just decided to do my thing and work hard at what I did, but not let it affect my work performance. Hope you do the same!

I personally love all the of the changes, it has definitely made the car better. I just wonder when are pictures of the V6 going to be released?

BTW I knew we can't "trust" you when it comes to the 6th gen Camaro! Your job would be on the line.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #73
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Engineering is awesome but as for those hideous taillights, you say 69 Camaro? I say not at all you made them so they could be used in Europe. They are more remanisant of 200sx or a prelude or..... My point is they are not Camaro and they are ugly. Some have said see them in person and they'll grow on you. I say if they have to grow on you well then you never liked them in the first place.
I was one of the many the hated the mailslot, so much so when I order the 2010 I got an RS . Looks after all what Attracts me first to a car. Design is key. Then I look into the engineering. The b pillar was not on the original concept a and I still hate it. It could've been produced that way just like the vert.
It is interesting though to see how many people wanted to draw and quarter the design team, but will now blow smoke up your butt ans say you guys are the best I don't know you and you may very well be a nice guy, but the tail lights weren't for us they were for the ease of selling to a broader market, and they still suck. That being said if I could order a z28 with 2013 tail lights I would tomorrow.
You can go ahead and compare them and they are really similar. Although they will obviously not be the same since its a RETRO and not the ORIGINAL. You also can't be speaking for all, when you say "the tail lights weren't for us" they maybe weren't for you specifically, but that does not mean everybody thinks like you.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #74
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Hey Scott,
I think you should run for President. I'd vote for you
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #75
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I like all the design changes except the rear lights. I'm sorry but not one thing about them says Camaro. It is astonishing that the same company who designed the C7 Corvette Stingray designed the 2014 Camaro rear end.
CamaroTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #76
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

The bad news? No matter what you do in terms of styling or content, you’ll be criticized by some. That’s just the way it is.

AMEN!!!! You just can't please everyone...

One note on blue colors though...I wish you offered the Camaro in a bright blue color... Its available to other GM cars, so why not the Camaro? Thx
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #77
RockyS18

Drives: .
This is an amazing write-up Scott. I've always been a Camaro fan and always will be. And at the very minimum, can't everyone just give the new Camaro a chance before they beat it to death with a verbal sledgehammer?? I personally love it, but I can't speak for everyone. I'll admit I'm not so sure about the looks of that new air extractor on the SS, but jeez I'm at least going to give it chance by checking it out in person before I make any decisions.

The Camaro team should be really proud of this refresh, especially the Z/28. I also never realized how hard the team tried to fit the model nameplates appropriately among Camaros. Clearly their method works well!

Also, sorry if I missed this in your post, but why exactly did Camaros keep going back and forth from Z28 and Z/28?
RockyS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #78
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I also think once we see the 2014's in person, most people will be happy. I'm all for the refreshes every few years. I love my 2012 SS and plan on keeping it a long time, so I won't be in the market for a new car for quite some time. But I still like seeing the newer models and what they've changed.

BTW, the 2014 refresh looks WAY better than the 1998 one.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #79
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Scott,

Thank you an the rest of the Camaro team for bringing back into prominence such a beloved brand. What makes me a very proud Camaro owner is not only the fantastic car I now have but, just as important, a brand that is being continually improved and changed to keep consumers interested, engaged, and buying!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #80
CJ1034

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM Manual
I must say, I agree with Scott that too often, peoples opinions are not very polite in their presentation, which is a fancy way of saying rude, uninformed and hostile. It's not impolite to say "I liked the old design better" or something, but really, swearing at the guys doing all the work is just wrong.
CJ1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #81
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Good read Scott, thanks.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #82
Leviser

Drives: 03 BLK SSS, 13 BRM ZL1.
Thank you Fbodfather, this part speaks volumes to me.
"The 2014 is dedicated to the “Z/28” purist. This is a track car that makes no excuses. That this car is a full three seconds faster on a track than the mighty ZL1 speaks volumes to its intent. Make no mistake – this isn’t a slap at the mightly ZL1. Far from it. If you want a car that blows other cars off a road course on Saturday and Sunday – and yet will get you to the office in comfort on Monday morning – the ZL1 is the car for you. If you want blistering track performance at a reasonable cost – the 1LE is prescribed. And – if you want to shame exotics on a road course – with an automobile that’s not meant for daily driving, then the Z/28 makes no apologies and may grab you by the collar – shake you silly -- and shout “LET’S GO MAKE "".

This reassures me that I made the right choice in a ZL1.
Leviser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #83
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I am curious now though if a "Z28" will ever resurface? Now that I think about it Dodge has done the same thing with there Dodge Charger line up offering the Dodge R/T(chrome letters) and Dodge R/T(red letters) "Road and track" performance package. 1 model using 2 different trim levels with the same name plate sort to speak.

Can a Z28 and Z/28 coexist, is my only question regarding the matter?

Thank you, Scott once again for the opportunity to even own such an amazing car. Well built, well recognized and just a well built machine. #teamcamaroFTW
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #84
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Everyday I see the refresh I like it more. This car is amazing. The most capable and collectible Camaro ever built.

Oh,I forgot. because racecar.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote