Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #337
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS View Post
Интересно сколь будет налог на камарыча в нашей раше!
Welcome RS,

I understood this

and this

The rest, i'm a bit fuzzy on...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #338
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Welcome RS,

I understood this

and this

The rest, i'm a bit fuzzy on...
Don't speak Russian but this is the jist of it:

It will be interesting however the tax on камарыча in ours раше!

http://ets6.freetranslation.com/

Second Website:

There will interestingly to what extent be tax to [kamarycha] in our Rasch!

http://www.appliedlanguage.com/free_translation.shtml
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #339
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Don't speak Russian but this is the jist of it:

It will be interesting however the tax on камарыча in ours раше!

http://ets6.freetranslation.com/

Second Website:

There will interestingly to what extent be tax to [kamarycha] in our Rasch!

http://www.appliedlanguage.com/free_translation.shtml
NICE!

Thanks
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #340
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
NICE!

Thanks
No problem.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #341
chevyXstacy

Drives: Chevy Malibu
Send a message via Yahoo to chevyXstacy
Is anyone else concerned with how heavy this thing will be?
chevyXstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #342
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyXstacy View Post
Is anyone else concerned with how heavy this thing will be?
Lots of people are. I have a feeling their fears are groundless. The Camaro should still out perform its rivals in acceleration, fuel economy, and handling. We will know more about the feel of the car when reviews start coming in from magazines in a few months, and from owners a couple months after that. But so far, the general consensus is that Zeta's carry the weight well.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #343
NoFatCars

Drives: Light
Deal breaker for me. Very excited to read the specs until I got this one. I always look at weight when considering a car that is performance oriented.

This is what happens in the auto industry when the "soon to be layed off SUV engineers" get transferred to the performance car division. Just poor engineering. Does it have AWD? In this great day of "lighter cars lighter materials" I just don't get it (and it has an Aluminum block?!). Perhaps its the new uranium wheels? Was this a dry weight or was the 410lb typical American driver included? Now I understand the requirement for 14" rotors!

The good new is that its lighter that the challenger or charger (OMG 4000+!). If you don't think weight makes a difference then thats great; your beyond help (crack open a physics book or check the specs on a vette or better yet drive one).

Cant weight (wait) for the big three to go tits up. Maybe then they will start competing instead of selling to an eroding, captive customer base.

The engineering decisions on this car just thoroughly depress me.
(reference - a 67 SS weighed in at ~3240 - cast iron block and heads included)

Last edited by NoFatCars; 08-09-2008 at 12:36 PM.
NoFatCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #344
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatCars View Post
Deal breaker for me. Very excited to read the specs until I got this one. I always look at weight when considering a car that is performance oriented.

This is what happens in the auto industry when the "soon to be layed off SUV engineers" get transferred to the performance car division. Just poor engineering. Does it have AWD? In this great day of "lighter cars lighter materials" I just don't get it (and it has an Aluminum block?!). Perhaps its the new uranium wheels? Was this a dry weight or was the 410lb typical American driver included? Now I understand the requirement for 14" rotors!

The good new is that its lighter that the challenger or charger (OMG 4000+!). If you don't think weight makes a difference then thats great; your beyond help (crack open a physics book or check the specs on a vette or better yet drive one).

Cant weight (wait) for the big three to go tits up. Maybe then they will start competing instead of selling to an eroding, captive customer base.

Write your congressmen, it's their nanny laws that are making cars heavy. In 1967 they didn't have bumper standards, side impact standards, mandatory air bags, mandatory ABS, mandatory stability control, mandaroty catalytic converters, mandatory filters on the fuel venting, etc. etc.

You know-it-all wannabes are a joke to those of us who do know it all.

Sure, there are ways the car can weigh less, but those involve exotic materials and you geniuses would sh!+ a brick if the new Camaro was $0.50 more than a Musting in MSRP, so think that one over a while!

Camaro Design Mantra:

a. Good Looking
b. Low Price
c. Lightweight
d. Quality Construction

(Pick any 3)
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #345
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
What average american is 410 lbs? Are you part of a "larger" family where your average relatives weight is 400+?
Old 08-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #346
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
What average american is 410 lbs? Are you part of a "larger" family where your average relatives weight is 400+?
GodDamn........ I know I'm 274 but damn, I couldn't stand my self being that big ......unless I was all muscle

But thats got to be wrong, I say between 200-225 lb

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #347
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

you forget most women are less than 150. average weight for an "american driver" is probably around 180.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #348
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatCars View Post

The Camaro is heavy to meet safety regulations. This has been said time and time again. Despite that, it is still lighter than the Challenger by hundreds of pounds. The Camaro was engineered by Australians who never let affordable rear drive V8's die. It was not engineered by 'soon to be layed off SUV engineers'. Do you really think that they intentionally made the SS ~3900 lbs? Do you believe that they were sitting in the meetings and said "hmm, well we could save 100 lbs here, another 75 there, and a whoping 200 over there but we better not, we have to give the people something to gripe about". The engineers did the best they possibly could at optimising weight, cost, and performance. They could not compromise on safety. So maybe you would have been happier with a 3600 lb SS that uses lots of lightweight material and skimps on things that make living with the car every day more comfortable, but also costs $45 000. I wouldn't that because I can't afford a car that expensive. Besides, if it cost that much I could go get a Vette for the same price.

You brought up a good point when you suggested people should drive a corvette -it might change their mind on the weight issue. In return, might I suggest to you that you drive a Camaro before you say that it is too heavy and so forth. BMW's handle very well with their weight, as does the G8 and even the cars on the Chrysler LX platform do fairly well. The Camaro is lighter than all of them. For acceleration, the new SS will be the quickest and fastest Camaro that GM has produced. Ever. Maybe your issue with weight is fuel economy? Well if that is the case then look what the light Mustang gets, or the Challenger that has only a bit more power. The Camaro beats them both.

I don't quite believe you on the '67 SS weight. The light ZL1 Camaros with the aluminum blocks weighed 3300 lbs, granted it was a 69 not a 67 but I don't think the weight changed a whole lot on the 1st gens. Most Camaros back then weighed ~3500. But then cars were weighed in the most optimistic way to make them seem as light as possible, just as engine outputs were gross power not net power.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #349
tony19118

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS M6 Hyper Blue
Send a message via AIM to tony19118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Camaro Design Mantra:

a. Good Looking
b. Low Price
c. Lightweight
d. Quality Construction

(Pick any 3)
i like that. very good point
1999 V6 A4 Red w/T-Tops - Owned 2002-2008
tony19118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #350
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Camaro Design Mantra:

a. Good Looking
b. Lower Price Then The Mustang
c. Lightweight
d. Quality Construction

(Pick any 3)
Fixed.