Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
chipper44

Drives: 2013 2SSRS
Tune and DynoSteve

There are lots of threads about Steve, which is why I chose him, and his tuning. Adding to an existing thread, in my opinion, isnt sufficient enough to show my gratitude. He promised on a couple of things that I didnt think was possible and he came through. WOW, what a difference his tune has made. Super impressed with his customer service. If would be nice if all business transactions and customer service are/were as good as his. Anything I buy from here on out will be from RDP. Thanks Steve!
chipper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I have a stupid question. There is an old sticky on this sub forum about proving whether tunes can or cannot be detected by GM. It was closed in 2010. It was purported to have gone unchallenged. Perhaps an update is in order, no? Since that is a claim to have been made in the past. (and not so distant past)

Has time and technology proven to be on the side of the tuner or the dealer??

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 02-25-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:12 PM   #3
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Waiting on some funds and I will be getting a DynoSteve custom tune
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
So, I had an issue with an injector about two years ago and when I took it to GM they said they couldn't read my ECM. I don't know if this is because of the tune or what, but I had to buy an OEM ECM which cost me $$$. After I got everything all sorted out I put my tune back on and it's been great since.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
So, I had an issue with an injector about two years ago and when I took it to GM they said they couldn't read my ECM. I don't know if this is because of the tune or what, but I had to buy an OEM ECM which cost me $$$. After I got everything all sorted out I put my tune back on and it's been great since.
That would seem to indicate the challenge would still be safe!