Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-29-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
Witt51

Drives: Black 2ss
Russell james

Can you clear your PM.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Witt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:03 AM   #2
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
Witt51

Sometimes it's the only option. Can't pm to clean out inbox. He has been helping me with my engine just rebuilt. Having an oil pressure problem. Pressure hits 30 psi at start up and then starts dropping with temp. When I give it a little gas no raise oil pressure at all. It's a melling hp/hv. This happens everytime I start it up. Hits 30 and then starts dropping slowly. I changed the valley cover orings. I have an mechanical gauge that I just need to get the fittings together though to install. I'm guessing it's pressure relief valve unless anyone has any other advice?

If it's not the sending unit I guess my next move is to remove front cover and check everything. Not all sure what to look at that could be an issue.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:15 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witt51 View Post
Sometimes it's the only option. Can't pm to clean out inbox. He has been helping me with my engine just rebuilt. Having an oil pressure problem. Pressure hits 30 psi at start up and then starts dropping with temp. When I give it a little gas no raise oil pressure at all. It's a melling hp/hv. This happens everytime I start it up. Hits 30 and then starts dropping slowly. I changed the valley cover orings. I have an mechanical gauge that I just need to get the fittings together though to install. I'm guessing it's pressure relief valve unless anyone has any other advice?

If it's not the sending unit I guess my next move is to remove front cover and check everything. Not all sure what to look at that could be an issue.

I'm assuming you already verified no issues with the pump O-ring?

Edit: My bad. just noticed your last sentence. Hopefully it is not what I said. It just happens to be one of the most common problems with oil pressure issues on an LS...after the pump has been touched.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6 - Heads milled .015, Melling HV 10296 Pump, TSP Longtubes (Catless), X-Pipe, FM Outlaw Axle Back (w/MBRP GFX Tips), Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 Catch Can + GM 1LE Clean Side Separator, Hinson Wires/NGK TR6IX Plugs, 160* Stat, Vitesse Throttle Controller, STOP-TECH Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors w/Hawk HB453Z.585 Performance Ceramic Pads, ZL1 Leather Steering Wheel, ZL1 Add-Ons Wicker Bill Spoiler, SLP Front Splitter - Megan Racing Adjustable Coilovers, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #5
Witt51

I installed the oring with a generous amount of petro lube. Making sure it slid together nicely. I rebuilt this on the stand so it made it alot easier to confirm. I shimmed the pump according to melling. This is like a 2 year project with pulling motor and rebuilding it. So of course I get it installed and I get oil psi issue.