Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #1
SOUTHERN SS
WORK HARD PLAY HARDER

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS
Rear deck speaker harness help

2010 2ss/rs with BA system. Been searching the forums here for rear deck speaker adapter wiring harness. Don't want to cut the factory wiring harness. I have new 6x9's and speaker mount brackets. Don't want to start the install until I have everything I need. Thanks in advance.
SOUTHERN SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
PhelanZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Look up fark wire harness in Google
PhelanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #3
SOUTHERN SS
WORK HARD PLAY HARDER

I'm keeping the stock amp, just changing the 6x9's. Does the FARK(factory amp replacement kit) come with these adapters?
Old 12-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
SOUTHERN SS
WORK HARD PLAY HARDER

Basically I have to order a complete FARK kit to get the adapters that only give me just high or low signals to speakers. Or I can spend more money to replace the amp(which I don't want to do anyways) and get all the signals I want out of the adapters to the rear speakers? Is there not a way to utilize the factory amp and aftermarket 6x9's? Don't want to fry the amp by giving the 6x9's two signals. Is there no kit that will allow this? If not I will most likely cut up the factory speakers and make adapters(solder new wires on) to run just the low signal side of the amp. I have highs in the fronts anyways, just not my first choice.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
TXSheepdog261

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
To do it right you will need a set of component speakers. I went with the Infinity 6030cs set and made an adapter to sit on top of the factory 6x9 spacer. There is 4 wires per speaker, 2 for the high and 2 for the low. Also you will need 2 ohm speakers or it will sound muddy.
You will have fun removing the rear seat and all the plastic to get to the rear speakers. There is a video on youtube on how to do it.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:00 AM   #6
SOUTHERN SS
WORK HARD PLAY HARDER

I have kicker dsc6930. I think I figured out how to run them. Going to modify the old speakers and the new ones to work. I'll show how I did it after
Old 07-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #7
naijacamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Need hints

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERN SS View Post
I have kicker dsc6930. I think I figured out how to run them. Going to modify the old speakers and the new ones to work. I'll show how I did it after
Hi..Did you ever get this accomplished? Need some hints on how to go about the same thing..thanks!
naijacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #8
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
  1. There are no adapters that break the laws of physics. Cross wiring will fry the amplifier or damage the aftermarket speaker.
  2. If you are replacing the rear speakers, cut the wires. There is nothing magical about the OEM molex, you will waste money and time seeking some mythical fix. Honestly, not wanting to cut the wires is an indication the owner does not the proper knowledge to perform 12v installs. Someone holding on to this false notion truly should go hire a professional.
  3. The rear deck is bi-amp'd. There are four speaker connections (8 if you count + & -). Two are high pass, two are low pass. For a straight drop in speaker replacement, you must purchase separates that can also be bi-amp'd. Add even more confusion to the amateur. Most separates won't even fit in the stock 6x9 opening, add custom work to create your own 5.25" + 1" plate. I am sure there are some 6x9" bi-amp'd models available somewhere. Regardless, now we begin discussions about under powering and eventually destroying $300+ high quality speakers with a POS 10w OEM amplifier.
  4. Many throw their hands in the air at this point, simply cut the OEM wires then toss some random 6x9's in the rear deck and connect using just the high pass or low pass connection --- then wonder why it sounds like crap, then wonder why they get damaged and blew.
  5. The OEM amplifier is junk, replace it with the front speakers, rears and run all new wires after tapping the signal.
  6. Do it right the first time or be disappointed and spend more money later.

Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote