Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #15
BasedSS

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
i'll be out there this weekend for the SCCA PDX/TT event. Several hours of track time.

Summit is a great track!
What event is that?
2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
BasedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #16
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
BasedSS, what was the air temp that day? I knew that March was going to be a cold month which is one of the reasons I decided to go for May 2nd.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures, video and comments of your track day.
It was between 32-40.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
BasedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedSS View Post
What event is that?
Never mind, I used this great tool called google and figured it out haha. Is there any benefit in becoming an SCCA member?
2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #18
BasedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
BasedSS, what was the air temp that day? I knew that March was going to be a cold month which is one of the reasons I decided to go for May 2nd.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures, video and comments of your track day.
It was freezing but still well worth it. The snow was a little intimidating (one guy hit a wall) but other than that it was great. I have already signed up for the next one, hopefully I will see you there. I will be there with a buddy who has a 14 Challenger. Anyone who is there come find us! We need to keep all the american muscle together haha.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #19
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Never mind, I used this great tool called google and figured it out haha. Is there any benefit in becoming an SCCA member?
It always helps the club to have more members to promote the sport, if you're just trying it out for the first time then just do the weekend membership. You'll have a great time.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #20
tylerio
EXTREMZ

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #891, 2012 2SS 45th Anni
I did a Track day at SP Shenandoah course last November with HOD. Track days are the best!

Have scheduled Lime Rock in April (HOD) and three track days in June (SCDA, NASA and NE Track Days) at the new Thompson Speedway road course in CT. The course opens in early June. Will be a nice, smooth surface, unlike Shenandoah's. Had a great time there (Shenandoah circuit) but the Camaro was bump steering some due to track surface irregularities.

Come up north and enjoy the fun!
tylerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #21
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
im loading the truck right now. headed to atlanta tomorrow morning. ill get down there in time to watch some race practice and get my numbers on and get through inspection. yall come out this weekend if your close enough. NASA runs like 10 races, hpde and time trial over three days.
excited for the first event of my season. got to re-learn the car all over again. in the last 5 months ive changes almost everything about how the car drives and handles. seats, cage, harnesses, steering wheel, no anti lock, no traction control, no stability control, no air bags. full balls driving and ive got a lot to learn and shake down this weekend.

http://www.nasa-se.com/2014Mar14.php

http://www.nasa-se.com/pdf/skeds/2014Mar14.pdf
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #22
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
It was freezing but still well worth it. The snow was a little intimidating (one guy hit a wall) but other than that it was great. I have already signed up for the next one, hopefully I will see you there. I will be there with a buddy who has a 14 Challenger. Anyone who is there come find us! We need to keep all the american muscle together haha.
BasedSS, here's my thread on the May 2nd track day I scheduled, in the Mid Atlantic sub forum. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344077
Look for the black SS next to the black Abarth with the white scorpion on the hood and that's us (Michael and Tiffini).

I have a friend with a Challenger who's interested but hesitant to do a track day. It would be good to get your friends impression of driving his Challenger on the track to maybe help prod along my friend to sign up one day.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote