Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-22-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
whats the difference between turtle wax and turtle wax ice products

just wondering if anyone here knows what the difference is between turtle waxes regular line of products and their "ICE" line of products the stuff in the blue bottles. cause turtle wax has their regular spray wax called wax n dry and then they have an ICE spray wax and i wanna know if theres even a difference between the two. is one more natural and one synthetic? just looking for info from users and not the companys biased answers thanks.
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Crap and worse crap.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
If you want to know the chemical differences, request a MSDS for each product from them. MSDS is material safety data sheet, and will include all chemicals used.

I wouldn't waste my time if it were me, because in a nutshell this is the correct answer as already posted.

Crap and worse crap.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #4
thegreatwhite

OK
Old 10-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
To all the wax snobs out there---Turtle Wax Ice is pretty good short term stuff. It goes on and wipes off easy and you dont have to worry about getting it on your vinyl.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #6
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
$3...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #7
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
only thing I have ever used that was mildly useful is the spray syn wax that I used to use on matte stripes on my last camaro. the regular wax is hard as heck to remove, once you go to a quality product you will never want to go back!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:46 PM   #8
thegreatwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
To all the wax snobs out there---Turtle Wax Ice is pretty good short term stuff. It goes on and wipes off easy and you dont have to worry about getting it on your vinyl.
Thanks thats all im looking for is useful info
Old 10-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
Jackpot

Drives: 2010 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
Crap and worse crap.
what were the issues you found with it.
Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #10
JTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
what were the issues you found with it.
That it's crap.

Let me ask you this... When you buy a home you have the option of protecting your $200k investment with a roof of woven palm leaves or typical housing shingles, which one would you rather have? Same goes for your $30k+ car, do you want to protect it with a $5 can of peanut butter or pay the extra $40 for something that actually works.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
That it's crap.

Let me ask you this... When you buy a home you have the option of protecting your $200k investment with a roof of woven palm leaves or typical housing shingles, which one would you rather have? Same goes for your $30k+ car, do you want to protect it with a $5 can of peanut butter or pay the extra $40 for something that actually works.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #12
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Quote:
That it's crap.

Bad analogy---The guys just asking how the ICE works and it works just fine. Everyone doesnt have to buy the Forum Fanboy favorite. I bought into the hype here on the favorite (No Names Please) and I used it, didnt like it and sold the remaining portion of the tin on this site.
I went back to Mothers/Meguires and in an pinch use the ICE---HORRORS
Quality Doesnt have to be expensive
You guys are victims of some Very Good advertising
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:14 PM   #13
JTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Bad analogy---The guys just asking how the ICE works and it works just fine. Everyone doesnt have to buy the Forum Fanboy favorite. I bought into the hype here on the favorite (No Names Please) and I used it, didnt like it and sold the remaining portion of the tin on this site.
I went back to Mothers/Meguires and in an pinch use the ICE---HORRORS
Quality Doesnt have to be expensive
You guys are victims of some Very Good advertising
No one here provided a "forum fanboy favorite", instead dismissed the ill-idea of using Turtle wax in general. The OP is welcome to research on here and find numerous reviews and tests on varying waxes and other products.

I don't know what you consider expensive, but if dropping $40 on a can of wax that will last you the duration of your vehicle's life then you may want to trade your camaro in for a Ford fiesta.

This section of the forum is dedicated to a little higher standard of cosmetic car care which Turtle wax does not fall in to.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #14
Jackpot

Drives: 2010 camaro ls
Quote:
That it's crap.

Wax just protects the paint not the whole car. So I am just protecting a paint job. And it's crap doesn't tell me what problems you had with it.
Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote