Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
didon1972

Drives: 2014 Z28, 1969 Camaro SS
I have the ones from GTS
didon1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #16
IlikeCamaros

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro LT
Any pictures of them on?

EDIT**** didn't realize those were taillight covers thought they were aftermarket taillights

Last edited by IlikeCamaros; 02-11-2016 at 12:15 PM.
IlikeCamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #17
Robbie1227

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28/2016 Jeep Sahara
Just received my big worm graphix black out kit!
Was this easy to install?
The website says it may be complex for first timers
2015 summit white Z28 #120 TRK DAY
-Sun-Tek PPF-C protection film on 2/3 of the car, Moreno Camber plates, American Racing 2" ceramic coated LT headers and X-pipes with No Cats, Taylor red performance wires, NGK plugs, BTR Stage III Cam, MSD Atomic intake, Nick Williams 102mm throttle body, Stage 2 CNC Ported Heads by WCCH, MGW short throw shifter, oil catch can, and a dyno tune to get me to 587 RWHP and 516 RWTQ

GONE:
2013 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks headers and CAT delete, ATI damper and 10% pulley and balancer!
Results: 576 RWHP - 540 RWTQ
Robbie1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #18
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
why not black out the headlights and windshield too...pipe the exhaust in to the back seat and do some joker runs on the freeway
Old 02-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #19
IlikeCamaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie1227 View Post
Just received my big worm graphix black out kit!
Was this easy to install?
The website says it may be complex for first timers
It was a little tough but keep working at it and you'll be fine, don't be afraid to just pull it off and try again. Also the air bubbles will mess with your head at first but they should be gone after a week or two
Old 02-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #20
backtotintops

yes pal there are more of us than you smart guys indeed!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #21
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
[QUOTE=Dropspeed;8885118]Just and FYI, and laws are different /interpreted differently per state. If you black out your taillights, then get hit or rear-ended you may be found at fault as you have tampered with a DOT approved lighting. Yeah, Yeah, people do it all the time. But the right officer that notices or attorney for the opposite party may use that against you......It has happened in MI.

I can't understand for the life of me why people blackout their lights. Came inches away from slamming into a guy once, because he blacked out his lights and I couldn't see him breaking. And then he has the nerve to yell at me for almost hitting him
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #22
IlikeCamaros

[QUOTE=Cenafan85;8900046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Just and FYI, and laws are different /interpreted differently per state. If you black out your taillights, then get hit or rear-ended you may be found at fault as you have tampered with a DOT approved lighting. Yeah, Yeah, people do it all the time. But the right officer that notices or attorney for the opposite party may use that against you......It has happened in MI.

I can't understand for the life of me why people blackout their lights. Came inches away from slamming into a guy once, because he blacked out his lights and I couldn't see him breaking. And then he has the nerve to yell at me for almost hitting him
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean blackout lights are stupid. Done CORRECTLY on a car and they look great and the taillight visibility is barely dampened. My WormGraphix kit has shown absolutely zero danger to me or any driver around. The difference is the ricers in the 93 Civic who's lights are already barely visible and then put a layer of plasti dip on top of it, that's dangerous, but it's a completely different scenario on a Camaro
Old 02-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #23
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
If done wright they look good, what do you think.
Attached Images

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:11 PM   #24
backtotintops

No...not to me...it's just adding rice.

Kidding aside this is simple physics...if you darken the lens and do not increase bulb brightness you are reducing visibility and reducing safety. If you prefer looks over function of something as critical (at least the way I drive) as the brake lights...it's a free country rice it up pal.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #25
backtotintops

[QUOTE=IlikeCamaros;8900133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean blackout lights are stupid.
Let's put it another way...it's NOT smart on public roads or a racetrack with other drivers. It's not stupid in the car show or your garage.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:06 PM   #26
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
So you shouldn't look at traffic or the situation of the cars around you to know when to bake? Just when the car's brake lights come on?
AGM 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #27
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
[QUOTE=IlikeCamaros;8900133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean blackout lights are stupid. Done CORRECTLY on a car and they look great and the taillight visibility is barely dampened. My WormGraphix kit has shown absolutely zero danger to me or any driver around. The difference is the ricers in the 93 Civic who's lights are already barely visible and then put a layer of plasti dip on top of it, that's dangerous, but it's a completely different scenario on a Camaro
Even if done "correctly", it is still mostly illegal in all states. You open yourself up to a lot of liability civilly if you are involved in a collision where your brake lights were a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM 1LE View Post
So you shouldn't look at traffic or the situation of the cars around you to know when to bake? Just when the car's brake lights come on?
Brake lights are on vehicles for a reason, there are conditions when brake lights are the only indicator of a vehicle slowing.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #28
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
No...not to me...it's just adding rice.

Kidding aside this is simple physics...if you darken the lens and do not increase bulb brightness you are reducing visibility and reducing safety. If you prefer looks over function of something as critical (at least the way I drive) as the brake lights...it's a free country rice it up pal.
[QUOTE=backtotintops;8900453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeCamaros View Post

Let's put it another way...it's NOT smart on public roads or a racetrack with other drivers. It's not stupid in the car show or your garage.
First congrats on your car, next you have no idea what the tail lights are, Let me say this, there not the Z/28 tail lights, there the RS ones with the Z/28 lens covers on them, next my tail lights where modded, to include LED to go all the way around the out side, then on top of that we added More LED's to it, my set up is brighter the the Stock non RS taillights.

As for rice, that's not what most members say, and as far as at the track, most car cant keep up so they never see my tail lights any way.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote