Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #71
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
atta boy!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #72
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
no more cookies and tacos lol.
Much easier said than done lol....

Tacos

Cookies Im not worthy.... Im not worthy...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #73
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Well, since Jan 1st this year, I have been loosing weight. It started with finally changing my mind set and increasing my motivation.

First I decided, along with some bad doctor reports stating I needed to start doing something about my weight, to look at what I was really eating and why. Come to find out I was medicating myself with food. Rather than eat to fill satisfied, I would eat until my emotianl state was satisfied. But it snowballs on you cause then you feel bad cause you ate all of that junk.

Second, I actually realised im not getting any younger. Call it a mid-life crises if you want and im sure it is but I have always wanted to be fit so I had to stop thinking about it and do it.

Long story short I now go to a gym 3-5 times a weel. I have changed my eating habits and eat smaller and smarter. I also sought medical help and phsyciatric help to deal better with my emotions.

When I started this journey, I weighed 318 lbs, I now weight 275 +/- and still going. I need to lose an other 50-60 lbs but I am determined its going to happen. I feel great and now have more energy. Rock on to everyone that has done this and keep it up.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #74
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
Being military, one of the many perks is having a free gym. As part of my job, I have to be able to meet certain fitness standards. I will admit, they are tough if you don't work at it. I have gone 4-6 times a week since May including today. I alternate between cardio and lifting days. My wife is so dedicated though. She goes 7 days a week. We recently hired a personal trainer who kicks our asses in a good way. I am going to beast out my next PT test in January.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #75
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Soooo, we gonna get comepetitive and bust out some PRs and stats, or we gonna chit-chat about how sore we are?

Lets go, cupcakes! Toughen up!
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #76
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I work out a few times a week. Light weights and cardio; running. Pilates occasionally. I canceled my gym membership because I can do everything I need to at home.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #77
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Soooo, we gonna get comepetitive and bust out some PRs and stats, or we gonna chit-chat about how sore we are?

Lets go, cupcakes! Toughen up!
Last night for chest I hit 275 for 4 sets of 10 incline bench press. Still a long ways off my max of 495 but a lot better than I thought having not lifted in a year and a half. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get back up to speed.

Military press 4 sets of 12 @ 185

I have a screwed up left shoulder from an old high school injury that I never got surgery for so I cant do flat bench with a barbell or it pops out of place. For flat bench I use dumbbells so I can position my arms differently. Did 5 sets of 10 with 80lb dumbbells flat bench. 5 sets 10 @ 80lbs dumbbell flys flat and incline. 5 sets of 15 @ 135 decline bench.

Finished up shoulders with lateral dumbbell raises (low weight high reps) and shrugs on a smith machine @ 225 until failure.

Mild cardio @ 130bpm heart rate for 30 mins on recumbent bike
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #78
mntgome1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Last night for chest I hit 275 for 4 sets of 10 incline bench press.
Thats crazy.... I need to get my weight up A.S.A.P
Where is my HGH....
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #79
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
Thats crazy.... I need to get my weight up A.S.A.P
Where is my HGH....
Lol incline is where it's at. That's how your gonna build that nice v shape in your pecs. Plus it works more of your chest at one time along with the front of your shoulders. Incline is more beneficial than a flat bench and a lot of people don't realize that. For me, because of my shoulder, incline is the only press I can really put any real weight on. Focus on incline bench and throw some low weight high rep flat and decline bench in every once in a while and I guarantee you'll like the results.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #80
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Been about 10 years for me. Was doing incline bench presses with 225 lbs when I seperated my shoulder. Haven't been able to lift for more than a few weeks at a time since.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #81
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Been about 10 years for me. Was doing incline bench presses with 225 lbs when I seperated my shoulder. Haven't been able to lift for more than a few weeks at a time since.
That's what happened to me. Doing flat bench in high school I tore a ligament. Bar came down and broke 2 ribs. Never got surgery to fix my shoulder and I regret it now. Have you tried rebuilding by lifting low weight for high reps and SLOWLY increasing the weight? Thats how I somewhat fixed my shoulder to be able to lift again.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #82
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
That's what happened to me. Doing flat bench in high school I tore a ligament. Bar came down and broke 2 ribs. Never got surgery to fix my shoulder and I regret it now. Have you tried rebuilding by lifting low weight for high reps and SLOWLY increasing the weight? Thats how I somewhat fixed my shoulder to be able to lift again.
It was too depressing to do.

I regret not doing it though. My insurance company wouldn't pay for the surgery because it was a partial seperation or whatever. Bonnie had to help me with my shirt for a while but I could do my job and it got better but never enough to get back to heavy weight. If I had it to do over again I'd do what it takes to get done. I had so much leaner muscle mass back then. :(

BUT, a few beers makes it all better.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #83
mntgome1

Quote:
Lol incline is where it's at.
I agree 100%. I just cant lift as much on the incline. That takes alot of strength to do heavy weight for multiple reps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
BUT, a few beers makes it all better.
once again I agree 100%

Cracking open a BuD Light rite now.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #84
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
do rowing and dumbbell work at home; no heavy lifting since my herniated disc diagnosis in May 2010. :(

few years back when I was 208lbs, I benched 235.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote