Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
Cloth Seats

Question about this. So I'm not so sure what this is. Please look at the picture, on the side of the seat the white stain (i believe its like a sweat residue stain being in south florida in the summer). How would i get this out, i used some interior cleaner from a car supply store and nothing. I was considering buying a steamer, do we think that would work? Please disregard the wet spots, compliments of a hot and humid day in south florida, just leaking sweat as i clean her up, hoping it would stop raining already!!

On a side not, i have the LS (so to move the seat back and forth to and from the wheel, not the seat rest but the actual position) there is a bar u lift to move it. For some reason it is not engaging the side on the drivers seat away from the door (the side closet to the center console). Any ideas how to go about fixing this? Any/all suggestions greatly welcomed.
Attached Images

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
Chrisco22

Sorry guys I'm a rookie with editing but i circled what I'm looking for help with.
Attached Images

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Old 08-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
A diluted APC would be my first go to for that.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #4
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
Are you driving around commando?

My brother is a workout / running whore, gets these stains a lot on his truck seats because he drives with no shirt. Mostly caused by drinking sport drinks and sweating (Gatorade, Powerade, etc). When you sweat that white stain is what you leave behind. He uses Wolfgang spot eliminator / cleaner and then Wolfgang restorer. Removes all stains and odors. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
If you have some type of carpet cleaner at your home, I use Resolve, it should do the trick. Spray it on, use a brush to gently work it in, let it dwell a few minutes, then use a clean, colorfast damp cloth to remove residue.

If this doesn't work, (I do upholstery work for a living), for anything except very delicate materials, use ANC Pull Out Premium. It needs compressed air to work properly, if you don't have an air compressor, one of those cans of compressed air used to blow out a computer keypad will work as well.

1) Spray it on stained area.

2) Use light air over sprayed area, this will make product turn white, allow it to dwell for 30 seconds to 1 minute (the surface shouldn't be hot when you apply it).

3) Then use stronger air pressure to blow away residue, you can also remove with a damp colorfast cloth, and old clean t-shirt works well.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:35 AM   #6
Chrisco22

To be honest sheriff i have no idea where it came from, its in my passenger seat so not me. And no, no commando, thanks for asking tho, appreciate the concern. Like i said, passenger seat but it looks bad want my seats to look better.