Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 03-26-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
URVINA42

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
WTB - CAI or RotoFab Intake & Headers

Hello everyone, this is my first post on Camaro5.

I'm itching to do my first mods to my 2015 1LE. I'm looking for a CAI or RotoFab intake and possibly a set of some used LT Headers. I'm a student so headers may be out of reach, but I may be able to make it happen. Please let me know what you have, thanks!
URVINA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome to the forums! If you're going for long tube headers don't forget that you'll need a tune as well and that will be another $500 approximately. If high flow cats don't matter to you, Speed Engineering has some very budget friendly headers for about $400.

I can't help with the cold air intake, as I am not selling mine but good luck in your search.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
URVINA42

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Welcome to the forums! If you're going for long tube headers don't forget that you'll need a tune as well and that will be another $500 approximately. If high flow cats don't matter to you, Speed Engineering has some very budget friendly headers for about $400.

I can't help with the cold air intake, as I am not selling mine but good luck in your search.
Thanks for the info! What are your thoughts about hi-flow cats vs no cats? I don't mind the smell of being catless, I actually kinda like it! My main concern really is the sound of being catless. Does being catless make the exhaust note raspier and considerably louder compared to hi-flow cats? I've watched numerous videos on youtube trying to compare the two, but it's difficult to truly distinguish the two without hearing the notes in person. My previous vehicle was a V6 mustang so I'm trying to avoid the rasp like covid-19. I have an NPP exhaust btw.

To everyone else, still looking! Would really love to purchase a RotoFab intake!
URVINA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:42 PM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by URVINA42 View Post
Thanks for the info! What are your thoughts about hi-flow cats vs no cats? I don't mind the smell of being catless, I actually kinda like it! My main concern really is the sound of being catless. Does being catless make the exhaust note raspier and considerably louder compared to hi-flow cats? I've watched numerous videos on youtube trying to compare the two, but it's difficult to truly distinguish the two without hearing the notes in person. My previous vehicle was a V6 mustang so I'm trying to avoid the rasp like covid-19. I have an NPP exhaust btw.

To everyone else, still looking! Would really love to purchase a RotoFab intake!
Catless will definitely be raspy. I have high flow cats with my long tubes. I had two friends side by side with stainless works/stainless power long tubes, one with cats one without, and Stainless works retro chambered catback on both. They both revved their engines and catless was definitely significantly raspier and a little louder. However, exhaust sound is totally subjective. Personally I love NPP with long tubes. If NPP was available in 2010 I would have been all over it. Congrats on the vehicle upgrade and good luck in your mod search.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote