Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #113
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
The rule for removing FMP is exactly the same as for SHR. You do an application of FMP, then wipe it off to see what the paint looks like. You work in a 1.5" - 2' area until you've completed the entire car.

To recap, you complete the entire car with SHR, then wipe the entire car down with detail spray (wiping the entire car down with detail spray ensures that you do not leave any product behind before moving to the next product). You then complete the entire car with FMP, then wipe the entire car down with detail spray. You complete the entire car with MSW, then wipe the entire car down with detail spray. With MSW, you will then come back 12-24 hours later and wipe the car down again with detail spray.

Now you know.

AJ No I don't wash my car with Detail Spray I am asking that I should use the detail spray between steps of the SHR/FMP/MSW.

I haven't waxed because I haven't been able to correct the paint and thought it was better not to. My car is not a DD and its in the garage in the winter and in bad weather.

Back at cha'! [/QUOTE]
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #114
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
AJ No I don't wash my car with Detail Spray I am asking that I should use the detail spray between steps of the SHR/FMP/MSW.

I haven't waxed because I haven't been able to correct the paint and thought it was better not to. My car is not a DD and its in the garage in the winter and in bad weather.
Well, I see you found my answer to that on a previous post. You don't even have to use detail spray, you can use waterless wash between each polish or wax to wipe the car down. Waterless wash is better because it's cheaper.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #115
redirish

Ok thanks and I will get to polishing and waxing soon and will post some pics!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #116
stirthepot

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
stirthepot Man you did a great job on that Camaro! Gives me hope that I can do the same on mine. I have some questions for you and AJ. I had my car for about a year now and have never polished or waxed it. I foam the car and I do the two bucket wash with grit guards, I use a leaf blower to get the water out of all the crevices but it does not work well on drying the whole car and my first question, is it do to the fact the car has not been waxed and there is more friction on the surface for the blower to overcome? If so should I dry the car with the detail spray/ micro towels until I wax her?

Ok now the process for detailing is you do everything completely on the car in order, after washing, check to see if the car needs claying with the baggy test and if so completely clay the car. Then use the SHR completely, then FMP completely, then its time to wax. Question, if your going to do the cars over a few days, when you stop detailing on one day do you just use detail spray on the car in between? and if so won't you add swirls to the just detailed paint? I have a car cover but at some point it would have to come off the car while detailing unless I take it completely off and then cover the car when I am done for the day and take it back off the next time.

Strirthepot, did you have polished rims on your camaro and if you did how did you go about detailing them?

Also do I have to wash my car with dawn since I used waterless and detailing spray on the car? I'm thinking no but not sure.
My rims were Not polished. I used Green Wheel Cleaner and waxed them with MSW. Worked great and the break dust came off easier too.
stirthepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #117
stirthepot

Drives: 2010
OK, no flames please, but here is what I traded the Camaro for. Again, I loved my Camaro, this just fits my family situation a lot better now.

And, technically this still fits under the thread's title as this is my first detail on the Porsche with Adam's (and Adam's will be the only products that get used on it)
Attached Images

stirthepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #118
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
DUDE! Well done sir!!

Its funny b/c I was on the way to South Pasadena today for a friends kids 1st birthday party and for a good stretch of the freeway I was alongside a VERY clean white Panamera w/ what appeared to be 22" HRE's in a carbon black finish... was very impressed.

Congrats... great car!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #119
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Nice car.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #120
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
I didn't know Porsche had a 4 door sedan! Nice!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #121
redirish

WOW That is very nice! I like the color!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #122
Forza
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM
Wow that looks damn good!
Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #123
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Looks SSuper good!!! . I just Adams products!!! Picked some up at a show this weekend, made me want to detail my car again.
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote