Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
ZFX Question

Ya, my Zaino order came in today, so naturally, I decided to try it out on my Saab. The directions say to add 4-5 drops of ZFX to one of the 2oz mixing bottles with Z2 or Z5 in it. So I did, but 5 drops is about half of that little 2ml bottle. This just doesn't seem right. If I decided to use ZFX with another mixing bottle, I'll be out of ZFX entirely at this rate! Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
Ya, my Zaino order came in today, so naturally, I decided to try it out on my Saab. The directions say to add 4-5 drops of ZFX to one of the 2oz mixing bottles with Z2 or Z5 in it. So I did, but 5 drops is about half of that little 2ml bottle. This just doesn't seem right. If I decided to use ZFX with another mixing bottle, I'll be out of ZFX entirely at this rate! Am I doing something wrong?
I'll try to clarify this for ya' ;

One 2oz. bottle, (which is included in ZFX) filled, is enough for 3 coats.

The "blue" liquid in the little bottle is used in the following quantities;

- 1 oz. of polish - add 4 drops (which is plenty)
- 2 oz. of polish - add 8 drops (which is plenty)

Thats' pretty much the exact instructions from the box of ZFX.

I recall the first time I received ZFX. I called Sal, as I too thought the bottle wasn't filled correctly. But trust me, you have enough.

Also, I shake it well for 60/90 sec., then let it sit for 30 sec., before using.

Finally, use only the bottles included as they give you the correct amounts of polish to additive (blue drops).

Hope that helped?

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
The bottle is only filled half way to allow the air to push out the ZFX. Do not squeeze the bottle, just let the air do the work for you. That one 2ml bottle is enough for well over 30 coats of polish on a full size car.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The bottle is only filled half way to allow the air to push out the ZFX. Do not squeeze the bottle, just let the air do the work for you. That one 2ml bottle is enough for well over 30 coats of polish on a full size car.
Ya I figured out that I was just squeezing the bottle too hard. This morning, I added 4 drops of ZFX to 1 oz of Z2, and it worked out great. I just squeezed out too much the first time.

Operator error
Old 07-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
pikSkip

Drives: '69 VET, '70 Z28
Usually depending on "squeeze" force, tip opening, liquid viscosity, etc. there are ~ 20 drops/ml.

2010 Black/Beige 2SS/RS A6 SRoof
(Cat-back SLP Loud Mouth II, CAI, Technostalgia Rapid Fire TL) CONO (Camaros of NW Ohio)
pikSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2

j/k... lets see that baby all shined up...
Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
PS...

LOVE Zaino!

Easy, long process, but results AWESOME!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote