Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #43
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
My sister had an '83 Camaro. I drove it once; I remember thinking it was just really low to the ground; but I loved the way that car looked and the fact that it was a Camaro.

I fell in love with the 5th gen when I first saw the concept; and felt like I was being granted a second chance to live a dream... so I will do whatever I must to get one; well, whatever I must that's legal.

I don't have a Camaro now and my sister's is long gone, but I understand the spirit of this thread. The truck I drive right now is also a dream come true for me; I get looks and compliments on it weekly, it's the nicest vehicle I've ever owned and it represents a lot of maturity and security for me. It's the first vehicle I've bought on my own and I got it last year after the big fires here in San Diego to be able to tow my two horses, which it does admirably. I adore it because, as I state in my sig, it's a (relatively) fast truck, but it also fulfills a necessity in my life. So while it would be smartest for me to only have one vehicle; I will do everything I can to make sure I'm ready to buy a 5th gen when it comes out and park them both in my driveway/ garage at night.

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #44
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
yeah this is getting rediculuos that they keep pusing it back. they tell us production in late 08 , now production is pushed back maybe 6 months!!! this is BS. tell us something true for a change. stop pushing things back and give us the real date.
we have not pushed it back....we've said from the very beginning that the car will go into production in the last quarter of 2008 -- and be available in the first quarter of 2009.

We will build several hundred Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008 -- and those will be 'captive test fleet' cars -- where we give them a last 'run-thru' so that when you get your new CAmaro, you can be assured that we've looked at every possible detail. Those cars will eventually be sold. Start of REGULAR production starts in February -- as we always planned.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #45
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Moose: Great post. (by the way -- we missed you in Mars!)

I know how you feel. I purchased one of the 57 "Z7D" Brickyard cars and put it away - I drive it a hundred miles or so each year -- and I pray that I'll never have to sell it.

Why?

Because it was the culmination of a lot of effort put forth on the 4th gen cars -- and when I drive it, it makes me proud of the work we put forth on those cars. They weren't perfect - but DAMN they're great -and fun to drive.

I'll probably put the 2002 "ES" I bought for my mother away as well -- she's so proud of it....but she wants an orange 5th gen -- so I'll buy her one -- because she loves the car so much. (she'll be 84 in December -- and can hardly wait to get her new Camaro.....)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #46
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I can't sell my 4th gens either. The more time goes by, the more enjoy their technology and uniqueness. Just put the 4th gen away for a bit and get yourself a 5th gen!
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #47
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
I may not buy a 5th gen either. I may just get a 1st gen

I mean I could build up a 1st gen for the sme or less then a 5th gen and have it ready to run E85.

What to do, what to do.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #48
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I know how you feel. I purchased one of the 57 "Z7D" Brickyard cars and put it away - I drive it a hundred miles or so each year -- and I pray that I'll never have to sell it.
Are you going to bring it to Indy? <edit> AND your mother?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:43 AM   #49
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I can't sell my 4th gens either. The more time goes by, the more enjoy their technology and uniqueness. Just put the 4th gen away for a bit and get yourself a 5th gen!

Whether or not I get a 5th gen (yup, I will -- sooner or later) -- I've already decided that I'm gonna dig in like a tick and NEVER let my current 4th gen go. Even though its "ordinary" in the ranks of all 4th-gens, its still MINE, and its going NOWHERE.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #50
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Camaro's are special for all of us. When I purchase this car it will be my first ever. I plan on holding onto it and passing it on. It will not be my daily driver though. Well.... maybe for the first few months it will My truck can use the break by then. I think by the time I purchase the Camaro, my truck will have over a 100k in miles. My 3rd vehicle to do that. 90 olds cutlas supreme, 96 GMC Jimmy were the predecessers to my current truck. I had a 2002 sierra that I turned in early on its lease. I always felt it was to early.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #51
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:

Why?

Because it was the culmination of a lot of effort put forth on the 4th gen cars -- and when I drive it, it makes me proud of the work we put forth on those cars. They weren't perfect - but DAMN they're great -and fun to drive.

I'll probably put the 2002 "ES" I bought for my mother away as well -- she's so proud of it....but she wants an orange 5th gen -- so I'll buy her one -- because she loves the car so much. (she'll be 84 in December -- and can hardly wait to get her new Camaro.....)
That is great! I wonder if I bought my dad the new Camaro if he would give me the 89' Z in his garage?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #52
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
That is great! I wonder if I bought my dad the new Camaro if he would give me the 89' Z in his garage?
I wouldn't do that deal!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #53
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I wouldn't do that deal!
It is a nice looking car but you are right this one is going to be much better!
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #54
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
It is a nice looking car but you are right this one is going to be much better!
I have a couple of 3rd gens and love them but this car blows them away on many fronts.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #55
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Quote:
We will build several hundred Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008 -- and those will be 'captive test fleet' cars -- where we give them a last 'run-thru' so that when you get your new CAmaro, you can be assured that we've looked at every possible detail. Those cars will eventually be sold. Start of REGULAR production starts in February -- as we always planned.
Fbodfather (Hi, btw... I'm new) Where will those cars be sold; at regular dealers as new or as used somewhere near the plant?

*Edit: Not because I want one but because I have an overwhelming curiosity about how the whole production works.

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?

Last edited by scotchsride09; 07-25-2008 at 10:46 AM.
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #56
GreenCam37

Drives: 1998 3.8L V6 Base Camaro
Hey Now

I understand the sentiment here, I do. My first car (Currently own) is my 1998 Camaro (3.8L v6 Completley stock, except for the decals i put on and a new radio) It's not a z28 or an SS, but its my car and I love it.,,Especially the T-Tops. (despite RWD in vermont, the camaro rules)

Anyway, the thing is...just because we all dont wanna OWN a 5th Gen, doesn't mean we cant go and test drive the hell out of them, right? C'mon!

The day they come out, I intend to go to the chevy dealer and take one around!

Whaddaya think?
GreenCam37 is offline   Reply With Quote