Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #71
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
Old 10-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #72
JIMMYRAY31B
ZL1 Dreamer

Drives: '76 Vette/Truck/4 bikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Even the pros wreck and as much as some of you on here think your the only perfect driver and never make a mistake ,well your in your own little world. Most people that say they never wrecked a car has never really ran a car hard for very long.
So is this some ass-backward way of saying people like me are wussies for not driving our high performance vehicles to there limits on the streets everytime we get in them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Ha I track drive because I make money off of it so no I don't have to test my car out on the public roads. Have I done it though before actually getting my car to the track sometimes YES. We all have and if you sit and say you've never gave it gas and peeled out a little or even did I donut while not on a track then you sir are full of it. We all have had our moments, maybe nothing have came from it but to act like you own a car like this but never taken off fast or anything else is hardly gonna be believe.

My point is why you feel the need to bash? This topic wasn't needed since you knew thats all this would cause.
I don't need to show off when on public roads. No reason too. As I've stated before I safe my fun time for the track both on my bikes and car or in enclosed enviroments i.e. abandoned parking lots/roads were if there is a mix up with me being stupid then it will be just my property or life thats harmed.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Sold)
1975 Chevy C10 (Sold)

JIMMYRAY31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #73
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
If that road WAS wet, when he braked going into the corner, he'd have been in the guard rail.
I'm glad you are a master of vehicle and tire dynamics as well as accident reconstruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedChef10 View Post
Funny guy . But the GTO drivers Im talking about have been total a$$es...wait kind of like you.....SK
Word, thanks for the compliment.
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #74
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Anytime
Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #75
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
I'm glad you are a master of vehicle and tire dynamics as well as accident reconstruction.
Nah. Just a master of common sense and bullshit detection.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #76
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Does it really matter if it was wet or not? The guy screwed up. He said he screwed up. And insurance is paying for the damage. As long as everyone walked away ok who cares!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #77
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Does it really matter if it was wet or not? The guy screwed up. He said he screwed up. And insurance is paying for the damage. As long as everyone walked away ok who cares!
Not really. Its just a bigger screwup if it was wet. Common sense says that if the road is slippery, slow down. Particularly for corners ... and especially if you're in a corner and happen to get 'distracted' by people nearby.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #78
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
This guy is actually a friend of mine... All I'm gonna say is that the road was wet and he wasn't trying to drift. He could have corrected it but it was an accident, that's what insurance is for.

He has learned from this accident, nobody got hurt and insurance is paying for the damage. All you can ask for in a situation like this.

Continue to flame him or whatever its your choice just remember we all have our little accidents, how would you feel if yours was caught on film?
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #79
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Funny thing is I live in so cal very close to mullhuland SK you're in Pittsburg . What do you know about our streets? How about you come visit and see for yourself? Till then just be happy your steelers are winning! Ps all in fun
Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #80
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I thought about this on my way to work this morning.

Two issues I see:

1. You have a dangerous (or fun) road with a crazy uphill curve with people taking pictures of people show boating.

2. You have bystanders also hanging out beside the road where people show boat to get their picture taken and get all upset when their motorcycle gets hit by one of the show boaters.

Like they say, you have to pay to play! In this case bystanders too!!

I’m sure this it not the first or last police incident report written up about an accident at this curve. So I believe that the report given to the Insurance Co will be accurate.

The good thing is nobody got hurt this time.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #81
c5garage

Drives: 90 corvette & soon new camaro
Talking TOO MUCH CAR FOR THE GUY!!!!

c5garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #82
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
he is lucky he didnt go off that small cliff. def high enough to seriously injure or kill him!