Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #15
CaMario

Drives: Mazda 3
Kevin, trust me. . . . . it's probably better you don't see one cause when you finally get yours it will make it even more awesome! I never saw one until last month (I actually drove out to the GM headquarters in Oshawa and they had one parked - he,he,he). It was amazing.
CaMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #16
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
Spoke with Someone from factory today

I was at my local post office today. When I came out a guy in a new silver camaro pulled up. I got out and started talking to him about the car. Turns out he works at the factory that is turning them out in Oshawa.

I told him about the dealership I am dealing with saying that a delivery date of of 8 weeks is possible. he gave me these facts

There are 25,000 vehicles back ordered.
Factory completes 400 a day (supposed to be 440) 8000 cars a month

The only way 8 weeks would be possible is if the dealership has been alloted a certain number and pre ordered.

dealership called me and said they can order their alloted vehicles in any model or options requested by customer

Sigma
sigma_1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #17
kroache

Drives: IBM Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
I was at my local post office today. When I came out a guy in a new silver camaro pulled up. I got out and started talking to him about the car. Turns out he works at the factory that is turning them out in Oshawa.

I told him about the dealership I am dealing with saying that a delivery date of of 8 weeks is possible. he gave me these facts

The only way 8 weeks would be possible is if the dealership has been alloted a certain number and pre ordered.

dealership called me and said they can order their alloted vehicles in any model or options requested by customer

Sigma

I'm fairly certain my dealership had the allotment but I'm thinking they would not have pre ordered. I know they entered the order on May 4th so the 8 week delivery seems unlikely. More realistic would seem to be 3 - 4 months and that's with everything else remaining positive (i.e. no bankruptcy and a CAW agreement). It's probably wiser to figure it will be 3 months and if it shows in 8 weeks you get to do the "lotto happy dance"
Kevin
kroache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #18
kroache

Drives: IBM Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMario View Post
Kevin, trust me. . . . . it's probably better you don't see one cause when you finally get yours it will make it even more awesome! I never saw one until last month (I actually drove out to the GM headquarters in Oshawa and they had one parked - he,he,he). It was amazing.
Hey CaMario,
I'm a little worried about my reaction if I see my first one while driving on the highway...try not to run into the guardrail or hit the ditch
Kevin
kroache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Better wait to see which dealers are closing in Canada. (Supposed to be tomorrow).
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #20
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
Called Salesman. He confirmed they were allotted 10 vehicles and 8 weeks is the delivery time from time ordered.

I am not sure what forums rules are on naming dealerships but if you PM me I will tell you the salesman and the dealership... on friday because thursday iam ordering

2 LT
Silver Ice mettalic
Rally Package
Automatic

Does anyone have any experience on lease busters. The dealership is going to be putting my CTS up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post

Sigma
sigma_1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 AM   #21
The Project
Don't Mess with the Zohan

Drives: 89 IROC
I was told by a salesman at Applewood Chev in Mississauga that if I ordered today I can expect delivery in Aug.

I guess it's a popular car
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
The Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #22
Nitro-SS
Horsepower Or Death

Drives: Savin for the 2SS
There is a really simple answer for this, The closer you are to the oshawa plant the faster you get The beast
Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #23
CaMario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-SS View Post
There is a really simple answer for this, The closer you are to the oshawa plant the faster you get The beast
REALLY! I live in Whitby - and am more than willing to defer delivery and pick-up
Old 05-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #24
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
I was told 8-10 weeks from my date of order...April 25...but I've heard I'm not getting it anytime soon :(
Old 05-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #25
Tanner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's funny, 8 weeks after you order you'll get your camaro. ROFLMAO The only way that will happen is if you pay $5,000 over MSRP. In doing so, you probably took someones Camaro from them. Dealerships all the country are telling people their Camaro isn't in yet and turning around and selling it to someone that's willing to pay $5 K or $10 K over MSRP. I'll admit I ordered late. I was told by the salesman I would have my Camaro in 6 -8 weeks. I was so friggin excited when he said that. He was just doing his job, saying anything to get a sale and the down payment money. Now reality is setting in and I have come to grips with the fact that I won't see my Camaro until September or October.

By the way, I wonder how much money these dealerships make off our down payments. Can we expect the interest on our down payment to be applied to the vehicle when we get it? Just a thought.

Sands - Surprise
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #26
Nitro-SS
Horsepower Or Death

Drives: Savin for the 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
That's funny, 8 weeks after you order you'll get your camaro. ROFLMAO The only way that will happen is if you pay $5,000 over MSRP. In doing so, you probably took someones Camaro from them. Dealerships all the country are telling people their Camaro isn't in yet and turning around and selling it to someone that's willing to pay $5 K or $10 K over MSRP. I'll admit I ordered late. I was told by the salesman I would have my Camaro in 6 -8 weeks. I was so friggin excited when he said that. He was just doing his job, saying anything to get a sale and the down payment money. Now reality is setting in and I have come to grips with the fact that I won't see my Camaro until September or October.

By the way, I wonder how much money these dealerships make off our down payments. Can we expect the interest on our down payment to be applied to the vehicle when we get it? Just a thought.
Ya the dealers down here tend to not lie when you buy 40k Car. Funny people whine if you went to a dealer that treats you like that it's you're own damn fault
Old 05-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #27
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
I was told approximately 8 weeks as well when I ordered mine. (They had not guaranteed it, until confirmed by GM) but that was the estimated period of time.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #28
CaMario

Hey Mayhem, when did you place your order?

Personally I would prefer if someone looked me square in the eyes and said "Son, I really don't know - maybe Oct/Nov". To me atleast I have set expectations instead of saying a couple of months and then waiting, and waiting. .. .

I've gone to a few dealers across the city. Most are saying Nov/Dec......so would taht mean they have no allotment.....or that they are honest......hmmm

One was pretty emphatic July........