Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 10-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #57
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Damn that sucks. JRE didn't get much coverage at all and your car had it's one run and a shot coming off the trailer, but that was it.
They sent me a few little snipets. They were very shaky and unedited. I was told I would get the full DVD. Nope. Just got a bad attitude when I confronted them about where my DVD was. Seemed to good to be true. Guess they needed the $125 more than serving customers.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #58
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
I agree. We helped them out with the use of our generator and got only two 2sec shots :(.

I was also disappointed in the vid.
They did well going through the history of the Fest which I thought was cool. But to really make these things a hit you have to get peoples faces and cars in the video and this did not happen.

I didn't buy the book last year because I was no where in it and I'm no where in this video either despite being all over the place.

I still liked the video for the fact I can show it to someone who knows nothing about the fest and it's explained quite well.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #59
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Yes it was very informative on the history for sure. But probably only people that went to the fest will buy the dvd

Last edited by BLACK10; 10-20-2013 at 05:09 PM.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #60
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Got my video and viewed for the first time last night. My brother stopped by the house and I wanted to show him what C5Fest was all about. The video was well done, but IMO lacked alot of content that could have been included.

The good:
Good quality HD camera work. Editing was great, loved the music in the background. It flowed well with the video footage.

I enjoyed watching the history of the Camaro and how we got to the 5th Gen. Loved the interviews with Al and Scott.

Great coverage of the Drag Racing and Camaro Cross events and the winners.

Liked the Hotel parking lot footage, would have like to have seen more.

All in all, nice quality.

Suggestions for consideration:
There was nothing shown on the car show. I think I'm accurate in that there were close to 100 cars in the show but nothing about it made the video. Don't understand that at all.

Why not go to each vendor and let them sell their product? Doesn't have to be long, give them 60 seconds to talk about their business and products. This could have been a selling point for the video as well. On this line, definately hit up the vendors that contribute so much to the forum. I won't name them because I would leave some out. But think you know what I mean and who I'm talking about.

How about mentioning our major sponsors beside GM/Chevrolet. Nothing on there about Roger's Chevrolet and all they do for the Fest. Re: Pizza party and the charity designation.

Include props or at least mention the people that put the Fest together. A word from our moderators.

Would have liked seeing footage of the awards ceremony including TAGURIT and his Texas flag presentation for next years Fest.

Host Hotel parking lot action was only night shots of cars lit up with LED's. Don't get me wrong, I love these cars, but there was so much more going on that wasn't shown. Would like to see more parking lot footage. Example: Follow some of the GM people walking around talking to owners about their cars. I thought this was very cool of them to do this and think others would enjoy seeing the interaction.

I won't go on, but I think you get the idea. Again, I'm mentioning this out of respect for the people that put this together and may do it again next year. These are only MY observations and suggestions to consider should you choose to do it again next year.

One last thing. My DVD froze up at the beginning where Al talks about the Z/28 and the GM testing grounds. I tried several times to get it to play that section with no success. All of the other chapters played fine. This could be my player, but my player is fairly new and updated on it's firmware. UPDATE: The video played fine in my computer.

With all of this, I still enjoyed watching it and reliving the experience. I certainly appreciate the efforts. Just like the Fest itself, let's learn from this year and improve on what was done for next year.

I hope this is not taken the wrong way, it's not meant to slam anyone. Thanks for reading.

FF

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743

Last edited by fastfreddie; 10-24-2013 at 08:00 PM.
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #61
Big Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible
I have received my copy of the DVD, and have enjoyed showing it to my friends who own Camaros and didn't attend. I have used it to point out what they missed!

But, I have to echo Fast Freddie on the not mentioning of the Rodger's Chevrolet and their part in the Fest. Also, the socializing, and fellowship of the parking lot is just as important as the Drag racing, Camaro Cross, and Car Show! It's still the "Biggest Camaro Family Reunion"!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #62
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Fastfreddie

Absolutely perfect review..

I do feel like it's worth the 35 bucks spent. Very informative as to how we got where we are.