Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What would you like to see for the factory rally stripe option?
more color choices 17 14.78%
painted stripes 11 9.57%
painted stripes with more color options 24 20.87%
stripes that extend past the hood line 32 27.83%
white painted stripes 6 5.22%
black stripes 8 6.96%
black painted stripes 17 14.78%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Stripe Poll - for Feedback

Well...I think that we've all seen enough stripe threads, and PLENTY of opinions....but I wanted to get a single poll to get some feedback and maybe we can 'collectively' give our opinion back to GM regarding the FACTORY stripe options

Poll to come in a moment:

Regarding Rally stripes (not the hood/hockey combo):

The last two options are selfish...as personally I would like to get black painted stripes from the factory...I don't care if they extend past the hood line or not. I just think that the black stripes would be more versatile than the cyber grey (they would look good on red/yellow/silver/cyber grey/blue/white) whereas cyber grey....meh...I just *don't know* how they'll look on silver...or cyber grey or yellow....etc...etc. Cyber grey just seems to be an odd choice for a factory option.
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
Exclamation

Painted Red Stripes please!!!

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
mrpre10der

perfect stripes please

i want what everybody else wants .that would be all color stripes done by gm factory itself not the dealer. also stripes that go all the way like bumble bee.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
I can't believe GM is not offering black stripes from the factory. I don't want them, but I agree they look good with many more colors than cyber gray or white.
To me vinyl stripes seem cheap vs. painted. They may look as good, but will they hold up as well as paint?
Ultimately though, I had to vote for the stripes extending beyond the hood. I think it looks incomplete and cheap to stop them short of the facia.

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
cyber grey looks like if it was black but dirty. ever seen a black car that has not been washed for some time? that's what I think of dark grey (cyber grey). Would love to have my blackstripes PAINTED at the factory.
zforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #6
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I pick black painted stripes that go past the hood line, however that is not an option but should be...so i just voted black painted stripes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zforce View Post
cyber grey looks like if it was black but dirty. ever seen a black car that has not been washed for some time? that's what I think of dark grey (cyber grey). Would love to have my blackstripes PAINTED at the factory.
Wow, so I take it you don't like cyber grey at all then. Dirty black is not what most people see when they look at cyber grey. Depending on the lighting or what time of day the car is outside, the color varies from a brownish color under yellow studio lights to a bluish silver color in the white sunlight.. If it is dirty, then it also depends on the lighting as to how it looks however it does not look like dirty black. Below is a slightly dirty ZO6 or you can say one without a fresh waxing. On the Camaro, cyber grey is going to make the car look like a stealth fighter or the new raptor jet in my opinion. Some people in other forums when the color was introduced on the ZR1 would say that they heard that cyber grey on the ZR1 was just a concept color and costs a stupid amount around $10,000 for the paintjob. There was even an article which claimed cyber grey on the ZR1 supercar was some special paint that was more slick for better aerodynamics. Others have said the production paint will not have those blue flakes found in color to keep costs down. All these were proven wrong once they started hitting the standard Corvette models as a popular color and people could see them for themselves at the dealer.

Here is a cyber grey vette with polished wheels.. You can imagine how it will look like on the camaro with this one

Last edited by Supermans; 10-29-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Stripes that extend to the mail slot please like bumblebee please.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #8
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Stripes that extend to the mail slot please like bumblebee please.
I agree, the current ones don't look as good...They look unfinished..
Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I don't mind the vinyl stripes or even that they don't go past the mailslot, but I think its pretty odd that they offer cyber gray from the factory, and not black.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Black painted stripes for the win
Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #11
Supermans

I would change my order in a heartbeat if black painted stripes exactly like Bumblebee's and the convertible concept's are offered by GM... I would pay $1,000 for it as an option but not more.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #12
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Does anyone have proof that the stripes do NOT extend beyond the hood into the mail slot?? The photo gallery on chevylaunch.com showing the stripe packages shows the rally stripes extending beyond the hood just like bumblebee.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #13
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
Does anyone have proof that the stripes do NOT extend beyond the hood into the mail slot?? The photo gallery on chevylaunch.com showing the stripe packages shows the rally stripes extending beyond the hood just like bumblebee.
It hasn't been denied and you can bet that it would have by now.. There have been photo's shown already of a silver SS with black stripes that was seen on the video shown on the TV show "Saving GM". There is also a youtube video of the same car floating around. The proof would be in that we've been talking about this for months and we have many GM employee's on here that would have mentioned otherwise...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Anyone have a photo of this SS with black rally stripes and\or a link to the youtube video? Seems odd that these photos\videos haven't surfaced mainstream.

Why would the accessorie gallery provided by GM, which was just loaded last week, show a photo of a stripe package that doesn't look like what is actually going to be installed???
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote