Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Post When will Camaros arrive at the dealers?

I don't know how anybody else feels, but I don't think ANY production Camaro's will be seen at any dealership until May 6 (if thats the date of the unveiling). It's been weeks since we saw pics of cars on the transporters, but no one has posted pics of their car at the dealer or home in their driveway. (except for the IOM). Dealer near me is supposed to get one, but not there yet. Anybody know anything different? I hope so.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I think May 6th too, we shall see.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
The cars will be arriving in days, but you probably won't be able to see it until the 6th if your dealer is playing ball the way GM wants them to.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
There is one on the homepage as well. I haven't seen any with their owners yet though. I think this week we will see em start to show up IMO. I hope so.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
They'll probably get them in other regions, but we won't get any near RI for months.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Monday. JMO. And my dealer will not play a GM "game" if indeed they want him to. He will prep and release my car; no doubt.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I think so too. Even if they have already arrived at the dealer, they are going to "hide" them. Kind of really stinks for those who ordered early.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
The cars will be arriving in days, but you probably won't be able to see it until the 6th if your dealer is playing ball the way GM wants them to.
GM wanted the pre-ordered cars to be delivered to customer though, just wanted the V6 showroom cars to be unveiled on the 6th.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
demomaster

Drives: 2SS black on black
my dealer told me the car is mine as soon as it gets there he called me yesterday to tell me that my ground effects were delivered.
demomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #10
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
*Bzzzt*

Dealers are reporting that some have popped up in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. I talked to a local dealer in Toledo (Dave White Chevrolet) and they said that they've seen 3-5 truckloads of the cars sitting in customs on the Detroit side. However if they're coming through Buffalo I'd say the same would be occurring.

Why?

Bottle-necking.

Even by Rail, you'll get bottle-necking on the border. Plus there could be a snafu or two with customs themselves causing them to be hung up at the border. That was what me and the dealer I talked to surmised with what info we both had. At his best guess, they'd have their show vehicle by 4/30 along with maybe some of their allocated vehicles.

So yeah.

TLDR; Customs may be holding the vehicles back for some reason and it could be out of GM/Allied hands..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
If they are hiding these cars, how are they getting to the dealerships with all of these eyes(us) on the road without being spotted?
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
*Bzzzt*

Dealers are reporting that some have popped up in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. I talked to a local dealer in Toledo (Dave White Chevrolet) and they said that they've seen 3-5 truckloads of the cars sitting in customs on the Detroit side. However if they're coming through Buffalo I'd say the same would be occurring.

Why?

Bottle-necking.

Even by Rail, you'll get bottle-necking on the border. Plus there could be a snafu or two with customs themselves causing them to be hung up at the border. That was what me and the dealer I talked to surmised with what info we both had. At his best guess, they'd have their show vehicle by 4/30 along with maybe some of their allocated vehicles.

So yeah.

TLDR; Customs may be holding the vehicles back for some reason and it could be out of GM/Allied hands..
The are cars in the Buffalo area storage lot have already cleared customs. They are being staged there for distribution. Why they are being "held" there? Anybody's guess. My info says cars in that lot are headed to dealers starting Monday. I'm not holding my breath but that's what I was told.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #13
HuJass

Drives: GM
The guys that live near the rail distribution sites need to drive by regularly and check to see if there are Camaros piling up.
I know there is distribution site in Selkirk, NY (just south of Albany), one in Buffalo, NY, and one in or near Lordstown, OH. There's a ton more of them all around the country.

You can Google automotive rail distribution and find all of them.

We need to start seeing if they are in these rail yards.
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblackcamaros View Post
If they are hiding these cars, how are they getting to the dealerships with all of these eyes(us) on the road without being spotted?
Honestly, ask yourself how much attention you gave to a car hauler before camaro. These cars are being staged by GM to prevent release to customers before a certain date. It might not be May 6th but what that date is
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote