Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #155
Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
My dad has the ULTIMATE set of tools - I CAN FIX IT!!!!!!
Now that's funny right there.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #156
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
You do realize in an emergency cops are allowed to run red lights don't you. You do realize you are supposed to always be on the lookout for emergency vehicles right?

It wasn't like the cop was coming out of nowhere. Basic driving 101 would tell you to always make sure what is coming into the path of where you are turning. Or are you one of the people that just blindly believe that if the light is green for you nobody could possibly be coming from that direction?
Look, I don't want to thread jack but you do realize that the cop is driving on a closed road? You do realize that cops can go through red lights with extreme caution don't you, not full abandonment? You do realize the driver of the Camaro thought he was on a closed road and had no reason to do anything but follow his directions?

It was not that long ago in the town where I am from that a cop KILLED a driver because he drove though a red light at 60 MPH and T-boned someone. It was determined that it was the cops fault and he I think he lost his job or was suspended.

It sucks that this happened and it sucks, but glad everyone was OK.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #157
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Do you see that convertible Stingray? ...OMFG!!! GM please put that car into production.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #158
Our1stCamaro

Drives: VR 2ssRs
I saw Bumblebee outside the hospital this morning

Name:  bumblebeerecovering.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  60.7 KB
Our1stCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #159
Igottahaveone
Car lover

Drives: '10 Challenger RT Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our1stCamaro View Post
HAHAHAHAHAH!

A few remarks having just watched the video a few minutes ago. Hope the drivers and K9 unit are all okay.

I dont see how this movie has had lots of bad luck, I wouldnt call losing megan fox bad luck. ha ha. I'm sure accidents and such things happen on movie sets all the time, we just dont hear about it.

I was mildly shocked to see the camaro turn into 30 pieces. Like someone said above me, it would be nice to see this show up in DVD extras with reactions.
Igottahaveone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #160
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our1stCamaro View Post
Nice!
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #161
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Does anyone wonder how many times Bay is going to film this exact scene? How many videos have we seen of the Autobot caravan, Optimus in the lead and Ferrari following? They've filmed in Chicago, Detroit, Indiana and now DC...it looks like part of the same scene, but either rolling into the carnage seen in Chicago or leaving it.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #162
jroc7

Drives: *
I can't wait to buy Hasbro's "Bumblebee vs DC Metro Scene Battles" action figure set. I'm going to pre-order it now.
jroc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #163
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Isnt the roads usually closed anyway? Im surprised no one could radio in to the driver and tell them a emergency vehicle was going to be cutting across
In my limited experience with filming it is not surprising at all. Things are happening so quickly that by the time the director would realize something screwy is going on and be able to radio the driver to abort, it would be too late.

This is one of those things that probably has never happened before and will never happen again. Going forward they'll have a better plan in place I'm sure.

This is on the 5'O.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #164
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
First off, no, Bumblebee (the set stunt car) does not have ABS. No stunt vehicle has ABS. If the car had ABS it would be infinitely more difficult to pull off some of the power slides and advanced stunt driving techniques needed for the scenes.

Secondly, there was a major breakdown in communication here. The police securing the set were on a different radio frequency than the rest of the district. They were also not monitoring the district frequency, so that's a big issue right there. They should have been fully aware of the situation not just on set, but in and around the area also.

Thirdly, the driver of the Suburban was reportedly a 25-year VETERAN of the force, not a 25-year old kid. As an officer with that much experience, you would think that he would be aware that there is a movie being filmed in the city. It makes sense that he would choose to take that path, considering the streets would be shut down with no vehicle or pedestrian traffic.

But he should have known that when he crossed onto the set that vehicles moving means that they were currently filming and he should be proceeding with caution AT ALL intersections. He's just lucky that he hit Bumblebee and not Ironhide, Ratchet, Optimus, or the Ferrari. This could have been MUCH worse because he simply ignored his surroundings.

Lastly, I hope this ends up on the Special Edition Blu-Ray. I want to see what Michael Bay's reaction to this is. This is a rediculous incident that never should have happened. Sure, they probably have a backup Bumblebee or two, but this kind of blunder is just not acceptable on a movie of this scale.
This. Thank you. Well put.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #165
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
even though the movie prob wont be a blockbuster, ill see it and pay close attention to this scene and then see how it was suppose to play out, then remember back to when bumblebee t-boned a cop car.

VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #166
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Hate to see BB get crushed but I agree it's on the 5'O. In addition, what's with covering the car afterwards? To spare kids from seeing injured BB? lol
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #167
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
I was in DC yesterday and didn't see anything

I heard they were filiming yesterday at the mall so I went looking and drove around it from the lincoln memorial to the capitol around 7 PM but didn't see any filiming. I guess they called it off early because of the accident.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #168
CamaroDude
Look Ma Im A Music Artist

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTex68 View Post
Looks like a scene from Reno 911
probably saw his buddies sitting there blocking the road and wanted to get in on the "action". Sirens blaring, racing in to save the world!
Probably just picked up a dozen donuts. dumass
CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote