Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
IOM Hokie

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Doug Thorley catback installed - No more trash cans !

The weather and work finally cooperated and I was able to get my Doug Thorley catback installed on my LS3. Thanks to Brandon at Maryland Speed for the quick delivery.

Installation was straight forward and the included instructions were spot on. Hardest part was taking the old system off. Those muffler hangers are buried on top of those cans!

I did the install in the garage on jackstands by myself in about 90 minutes, and I am no mechanic.

If anyone is thinking about a new exhaust. Make the time and effort to do it yourself. Great feeling of accomplishment once you are done.

I really like the sound. Has a nice rumble to it without being crazy loud. Inside the car you can certainly notice the difference, but none of the dreaded drone.

Here is a short video of how it sounds.

Doug Thorley exhaust
CAI cold air intake
PFADT lowering springs and sways
IOM Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Goliath

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS L99 A6
Sound great. I have the same Cat-Back too. I love it and the price was good for the wallet.

Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
sounds good but you need to rev her to really share with everyone how she sounds!
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
yes it sounds good. but people do not get the true picture on how the exhaust sounds, you got to rev it a little more. its not going to hurt the car.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Hokie View Post
The weather and work finally cooperated and I was able to get my Doug Thorley catback installed on my LS3. Thanks to Brandon at Maryland Speed for the quick delivery.

Installation was straight forward and the included instructions were spot on. Hardest part was taking the old system off. Those muffler hangers are buried on top of those cans!

I did the install in the garage on jackstands by myself in about 90 minutes, and I am no mechanic.

If anyone is thinking about a new exhaust. Make the time and effort to do it yourself. Great feeling of accomplishment once you are done.

I really like the sound. Has a nice rumble to it without being crazy loud. Inside the car you can certainly notice the difference, but none of the dreaded drone.

Here is a short video of how it sounds.

NICE!!!! Glad to see more of these hitting the streets. I don't think many people even know that Doug Thorley makes a Catback. We've been "quietly" selling them for about a year now. Excellent unit, stainless steel, x pipe, badass tips, incredible value for sure! Thanks for posting the video!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
Sound great. I have the same Cat-Back too. I love it and the price was good for the wallet.
I'm surprised that our price points are as low as they are with them too. They are nice and have a really good low, deep sound. Thank you as well for picking one up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
sounds good but you need to rev her to really share with everyone how she sounds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
yes it sounds good. but people do not get the true picture on how the exhaust sounds, you got to rev it a little more. its not going to hurt the car.
How's this for you??? Hehehe...
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Take a look at our YouTube Channel for more Doug Thorley in "action."

Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post

How's this for you??? Hehehe...
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Take a look at our YouTube Channel for more Doug Thorley in "action."

i wish more people made videos like you
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
not bad at all. what's the price on these bad boys ?
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #8
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i wish more people made videos like you
As always, thank you for your kind words Mike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
not bad at all. what's the price on these bad boys ?
PM Sent!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote