Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #225
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Oh I am stealing this idear for sure, actually Norm suggested it and they are on order, just got to figure out where they mount............kinda sinister looking.
John, I don't know though how much of the light your going to get out of yours due to the heritage grill. The lower grill on the SS is also different than mine. Even with my grill, not a lot of light shines out. Subtle light was what I was going for.

So, instead of behind the bumper, you might want to mount yours one on top and one on the bottom.

Now the blue lights in the fenders......that'll light up an entire parking lot at night!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #226
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I mounted them to the rear of the bumper. The real bumper. When you pop the hood, theres that plate the hood latches too. I took that off so I could get in there with two hands. Then mounted them on the back of the bumper with some black RTV.

That's what I was going for! I wanted them to reflect off of the radiator and out the lower grill as well. I don't have a video camera to show all the colors and strobe effects.
Ok cool, when I get them I am sure I will figure a way out to get them mounted, since I have the engine LEDS I am sure it will be pretty easy to hook up, just want a little subtle light as well.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #227
garcmol

Quote:
Ok cool, when I get them I am sure I will figure a way out to get them mounted, since I have the engine LEDS I am sure it will be pretty easy to hook up, just want a little subtle light as well.
They have some flimsy double sided clear tape on them. Get rid of that and use the RTV. That tape won't take the heat generated in that area.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #228
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
They have some flimsy double sided clear tape on them. Get rid of that and use the RTV. That tape won't take the heat generated in that area.
Ok will do, thanks for the info.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #229
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Oh, the things I could give you two grief for........but I'm a lady and won't do it!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #230
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Oh, the things I could give you two grief for........but I'm a lady and won't do it!
We like to stick to it when heat is generated.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #231
dianeokie
Going places

Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #232
garcmol

oh boy.....

I love this thread
Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #233
dianeokie
Going places

Just doing my part to make things interesting! Y'all get way to serious sometimes! Seriously though, I just got my replacement led lights. Any helpful hints? I think they sealed them well at AAC before they sent them, but I'm going to take them and the links to the threads about the lights to my body shop guy and he's going to help me replace them.

And I certainly hope y'all will consider coming to the Gwinnett Braves game on the 27th of August, gonna have a car show, might win an award, who knows

Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #234
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
I knew the Pirate Booty Boom Box HO would like that....

Quote:
oh boy.....

I love this thread

Nope we are right on track.........

Quote:
Just doing my part to make things interesting! Y'all get way to serious sometimes! Seriously though, I just got my replacement led lights. Any helpful hints? I think they sealed them well at AAC before they sent them, but I'm going to take them and the links to the threads about the lights to my body shop guy and he's going to help me replace them.

And I certainly hope y'all will consider coming to the Gwinnett Braves game on the 27th of August, gonna have a car show, might win an award, who knows
Well we are gonna try just depends on Pop. and how things go that way, been real tough lately around here if ya know what I mean jelly bean.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #235
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Norm.... Your order is being PROCESSED....WTF is up with that...PROCESSED.....I guess that means it is on back order. I did get a confirmation number on it though but it was dated todays date??????
Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #236
garcmol

Quote:

PQ made a thread in the cosmetic section, I think, when he got his replacements and he put some silicone on them. Has a video in it. I haven't had any problems with mine and we got them the same day! Makes no sense.

Never too much seriousness.....never.

I can't get to the game, but I read about it in the ACE thread. Have fun all!!

Quote:
Norm.... Your order is being PROCESSED....WTF is up with that...PROCESSED.....I guess that means it is on back order. I did get a confirmation number on it though but it was dated todays date??????
Is that the cooler? Damn, I gotta put my bag of ice back in the freezer!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #237
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Is that the cooler? Damn, I gotta put my bag of ice back in the freezer!
I called them and they said that they order is being processed, whatever that means and it usually takes a couple of days for them to get it ready to ship and then roughly 5 to 7 days after it ships. It is coming from California. SO MAYBE by next Friday. You will have to let me know how you like it though, seems like it is pretty cool.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #238
garcmol

Quote:
I called them and they said that they order is being processed, whatever that means and it usually takes a couple of days for them to get it ready to ship and then roughly 5 to 7 days after it ships. It is coming from California. SO MAYBE by next Friday. You will have to let me know how you like it though, seems like it is pretty cool.
That's very cool brother!!!