Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
DsCamaro1

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS RS L99
SMOKING A RICER??????

Just recently since I got my camaro I have noticed alot of ricers trying to race me. I have a stock engine except for a CAI I put in. Is this a common thing for these people. I mean if your going to try and race at least get a car that can actually race. I just dont understand them. WHY????
DsCamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
Just don't race them please, enough innocent people have died over these shenanigans street races.

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
They want to see you waste your gas.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
Chevycamarors@19

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro RS black
Bro, ricers suck. They are everywhere since anyone can buy a cheap acura and slap on an empty can of corn to their exauhst, and then basicly rev at anything that moves
Chevycamarors@19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #5
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
There are a few imports that will surprise you. I've seen a few 400-500hp evos STIs talons and even civics that blow the doors off of muscle cars.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:42 AM   #6
DsCamaro1

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS RS L99
Dont get me wrong I know there are some good import cars but these are Hondas and civics and stuff. I understand there idea of having a cheap sports car but these cars are not built for racing nor are they safe for racing. I dont race on streets at least what I call racing I mean I can go 0 to 60 on a highway but that's about it. When Im ready to race it will be on a track amd ill have all the proper components to do so. But these kids just put money into a piece of junk and think its the best shit in the world. I just dont get the logic. Why not get a better job to aford the more expensive cars that are better to spend money on.
DsCamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:03 AM   #7
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I sit with these ricer's as you call them, sure some just slap an exhaust on there cars and think they can do 9's.

But then there are other people who spend a lot of time and money making sure these things are safe to take a turn on a track, ok, these civic's ect were never meant to run on tracks but after some suspension and tires you'll be very surprised.

But I see what your saying, its like how I feel about someone buying a sports car and opt in for a auto.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:28 AM   #8
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
SMOKING A RICER??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycamarors@19 View Post
Bro, ricers suck. They are everywhere since anyone can buy a cheap acura and slap on an empty can of corn to their exauhst, and then basicly rev at anything that moves

Ahhhhhhhh ! I always heard the term but never really knew exactly what a 'ricer' was. I see them a lot up by me. Their cars alway sounds like it's whining. They make all the noise, but never seem to be going anywhere fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #9
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsCamaro1 View Post
Just recently since I got my camaro I have noticed alot of ricers trying to race me. I have a stock engine except for a CAI I put in. Is this a common thing for these people. I mean if your going to try and race at least get a car that can actually race. I just dont understand them. WHY????
They all want to be like Vin Diesel and Paul Walker (Rest his soul) in their Fast and Furious movies... They see all these meetups in the movies and want to do the same...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....

Last edited by NYCamOwner; 03-19-2015 at 05:24 AM.
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:59 AM   #10
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
since my town is more or less north puerto rico and we have A LOT of ricers I expected to get quite a bit of baiting from that crowd. maybe it's my ricer 1LE hood but those guys NEVER bother me. they either drool and thumbs up or just show respect. on the other hand my brother has a '69 pro stock/street Nova and he says they harass him ALL THE TIME. so go figure.

Last edited by snarky; 03-19-2015 at 06:02 AM. Reason: grammar
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:04 AM   #11
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Some of those so called ricers will smoke your SS..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #12
Tennis_pro

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Watch out for the v-tech...you can easily spot them if it says "v-tech" technology on the car.
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:09 AM   #13
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
I have kids who try to do the same with me. Once you show them theres no replacement for displacement, they'll leave me alone. I had one crawling my ass on the way to a car show, I had a street rod infront of me, so I laid back, let the street rod get ahead (I was doing well under the speed limit - but I was out to make a point), than I punched it and left him in the dust. He never crawled my ass again.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:23 AM   #14
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Ive seen some Civics in Rhode Island that I would never want to roll, dig or even pretend race in an SS. There are ricers, then there are racers. Ricers dream of going fast and the racers actually do, regardless of the car they choose.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote