Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #1
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
CAR CLUBS

Hey guys i see most of you are in a car club.. what do you do with someone that never ever will respond back to any texts that are sent out to the club on where we are meeting or going with the cars. or if we are meeting up just for coffee.. this guy says he has many many issues in life..thats why he dont come around or answers texts but the very little time he shows up he will say what he dont like something and will say he dont want this guy in the club if he sees a new face just hanging with the club.. this has been going on for the last 2 years.. do you think its time we say good bye... or am i being to hard please let me know what you think and would love to hear your car club stories
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
The president in the club should talk to this member on why they are like this. It's great seeing new members and what they have but to act like that will not help the club and even make some members leave and look elsewhere. No one wants to be judged when they join a club, never ends well. I am a member of my club here neocc and we have some set rules for people who may act like that.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #3
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
some of us have told him we understand if you are busy but just text back if you cant make it he does not have to say why just let us know if you can make it.. and he never does..i feel like he is now playing games and spitting at us...
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #4
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Some meets that are schedule I don't reply either so you don't have to keep tabs on every member. Some will reply and others will not just the way it is. But if a person wants to play games and judges who should be in a group will cause a negative atmosphere with everyone else.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
If you're doing this by text, just take him off the list.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
That's not how this works Timmy...hehehe.

You post via facebook/email/text where everyone is meeting. No one has to reply back or respond. If people are going to make it, they will. Many families have so many commitments, soccer, baseball, school, church, work, etc... sometimes a decision to go is not till the last minute.

Our club was posting several car shows or events going on and people would just choose which they wanted to attend. It's great to have a lot of club members at the shows, but remember, it's all about being around people that enjoy the meets and shows and meeting new people.

Now if he always has a negative attitude when he shows up, it's up to the club officers to speak with him. Remind him they are there to enjoy the day, enjoy the event and the company, and that negativity is not welcome. Be happy, enjoy or take your ride somewhere else.

Last edited by hrpiii; 10-17-2016 at 07:28 AM.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #7
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
So it's an organized car club? What do the club by-laws say about this? Are there any club by-laws that members must adhere to? I've been in a car club for 12 years, attendance to any event has never been mandatory. Had members (albeit that lived farther away) that never ever came to a single event.

I guess I can't be in your car club. Don't have a cell phone, don't get texts, don't respond to texts. I won't respond to crap on Facebook either. Don't like it telling all the world that I'm going to an event and that I'm not home when it's going on. I have a land line and an answering machine, if it's that important then they/you can just take time out of your day, (I know it's a horrible thought for some young people) to call me and actually talk to me on the phone! Many people I know seem to manage it.

Seems like you're kind of taking this personal, you shouldn't...

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 10-07-2016 at 09:41 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #8
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
If you're doing this by text, just take him off the list.
Basically + 133 from Upstate C 5. Couldn't help myself.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:08 AM   #9
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Basically + 133 from Upstate C 5. Couldn't help myself.
I've taken more than that off the list. About to take a few more.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:15 AM   #10
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I've taken more than that off the list. About to take a few more.
On no I better keep track of the membership list you never know.

Last edited by BLU DUCE; 10-17-2016 at 07:21 PM.
BLU DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #11
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Lol....