Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #43
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I have a set also for daily, I’ll let you know. I had my track set on and drove with them several hundred miles, no problems at all. Between now and end of CFest, I expect to put several thousand miles on my daily set. By end of July, I’ll,see how they do. The daily’s will have one track day (NCM @CFest) on them so should be a good test!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:49 PM   #44
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

My day @ Eagles Canyon:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1952

-Don
Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #45
370zyzfr1

Drives: 2014 Camaro Zl1 Tripple Black!
Got my tires mounted yesterday. Haven’t had time to really test them out however. But they are definitely a lot louder. They sound like old truck tires when driving. The fronts look meaty. Not a huge fan of the looks per say but that doesn’t matter to me as much. I will write more when I put some miles on them. I got all four tires.
370zyzfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #46
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zyzfr1 View Post
Got my tires mounted yesterday. Haven’t had time to really test them out however. But they are definitely a lot louder. They sound like old truck tires when driving. The fronts look meaty. Not a huge fan of the looks per say but that doesn’t matter to me as much. I will write more when I put some miles on them. I got all four tires.
Glad to see you got them mounted. I guess my car is louder to begin with as I didn’t notice much difference vs the Goodyear’s...

Keep us posted! So far mine have worked fine...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 05-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #47
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
How are these compared Pilot Cup 2?
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #48
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

These are a street legal R compound designed for road racing. I've not driven the pilot cups. With that said, these would be more of a summer tire...

-Don
Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #49
370zyzfr1

Drives: 2014 Camaro Zl1 Tripple Black!
So here are my thoughts

I’ve put about 100 miles on them. Took it out last weekend and did a lot of spirited driving. Overall I am very happy with the performance. My Goodyear’s had about 8k miles on them. They actually have around 60% tread left at least and were in good condition. But I got zero traction from them when it mattered. They never stuck!

I feel like I have most of first gear back now! I still will definitely break lose but not nearly as bad. 1st gear was absolutely worthless with the Goodyear’s. Second gear is nearly 100% useful again with the Toyos. Keep in mind I have the JRE 650 WHP package.

As far as cornering and handling. I was very impressed. Didn’t really push it too hard but it felt very composed pushing it in corners. Keep in mind I did get all four and not just the rears. I didn’t notice any sidewalk flex. Steering was very responsive.

Again the noise I don’t like. But I can deal with that. If I had to do it all over again I may have just got the rears. But the fronts definitely help for hard cornering and would be amazing on the track. If someone was just going to use them for street only maybe just get the rears. It’s like the best of both worlds. Track tire that doesn’t look like a meaty drag tire but gives nearly as much grip as a drag tire and handles amazing. Overall I am very impressed. The runs I did were street runs and tires were not rubbed in before launch. They do seem to pick up heat fairly quickly. It was about 75 degrees out.

I would definitely buy these again from what I know at this point. I will give a long term update at the end of summer.
370zyzfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #50
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I really need to get a set of track day rims and try these out....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote