Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Code P219A need opinions

Hey guys,

I just recently purchased my first Camaro in December and it's been a blast to say the least. It's a pre-owned with 75k miles. I knew I was taking a roll of the dice not knowing what's been done to the car and what not, but it's in good shape for it's age and I like the car.

On to my problem the car threw the P219A code (Bank 1 Air Fuel Ratio Imbalance). I had my Chevy dealer inspect it and they recommended: Fuel Induction Service, New Air Filter, and Trans Flush Service. I told them I'll get the fuel induction service done next week when I get paid. So I went home with the check engine light still on (they never cleared the code) and a few days later the check light went away on its own.

Still I decide to do the fuel induction service and that went over smoothly. Next I changed the air filter myself cause the dealer wanted to charge $50 for that (the tech even agreed with me to do it myself because of how much they charge). Then a few weeks later I had them do the transmission flush (they told me it's not related, but it's something that should be done obviously).

So all was well for about a month and bam! The same code pops up. I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow to check it out. Anyone ever have this code? And what was the end result? The only mod on the car is a muffler delete and after searching this forum everyone agreed that a delete would not cause any engine light, so now I'm clueless.
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Some things for you to check. Oh and I wouldn't trust a dealer that is pushing for a transmission flush on a 75,000mile car coming in with a totally unrelated issue. They are just selling services that arent needed for profit. They arent concerned with fixing your issue. The intake service was a joke too, but you obviously found that out with the problem coming back. You need to take it to someone that can find and fix. Not just a service seller.

https://www.autocodes.com/p219a.html
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #3
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the quick response and link motorhead. I had to run around town for a bit today and after hopping in my car after leaving the bank I noticed the engine light was gone. Now I'm thinking to avoid the dealer tomorrow and start researching on a good shop in my area because I know this code will pop up again sooner or later. Thanks again for your opinion.
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #4
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Some things for you to check. Oh and I wouldn't trust a dealer that is pushing for a transmission flush on a 75,000mile car coming in with a totally unrelated issue. They are just selling services that arent needed for profit. They arent concerned with fixing your issue. The intake service was a joke too, but you obviously found that out with the problem coming back. You need to take it to someone that can find and fix. Not just a service seller.

https://www.autocodes.com/p219a.html
Agreed!
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
your issue is on the driver side. I just had this issue, but mine was because I relocated my coil packs and the harness extensions were trash so I had to have custom ones made.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote