Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2024, 02:55 PM   #15
sstock6.2

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I think the takeaway with any number of modded cars we see and talk about here - whether done well or not is, if you're going to highly personalize your car with all of the things that appeal to you...KEEP IT!
I 100% agree with this. When I got the wrap done I had no plans of ever getting rid of the car and somewhat regret it now, especially since it added no value to the car and may have even hurt my odds of finding a seller. I still love the car and the wrap, but the financial burden of car building is neverending lol
Old 02-14-2024, 02:58 PM   #16
sstock6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
This is a tough one. Are the car & mods paid for or is there any debt involved?
The mods are paid for fully, the car, I owe about $14,000. The loan was originally for $20,000 and because I was only 19 with no co-signer, the bank had their way with me and gave me a 12% interest rate. My payments aren't huge (like $350), but seeing how much my payments aren't even going to the principal hurts.
Old 02-14-2024, 03:00 PM   #17
sstock6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
The wrap and the vertical doors will be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I'm sure someone out there will love it but those mods have narrowed the potential market a lot.
Yeah, I've debated on finding a way to get the doors returned to stock condition, it was kinda cool to me at 19 but I've outgrown it and honestly forget they go up 99% of the time haha
Old 02-14-2024, 03:37 PM   #18
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
The wrap is unique. As a buyer I worry about how it was put on. Many installers use too much heat with heatgun and cut with razors the wrap as if they're working on a cutting board. I was just reminded of this looking for a Paint Protective Film installer last week and checking out all their great reviews by people that didn't watch them or know anything about what they were doing or take off the wrap to find damage later. A Z06 owner posted pics of how sliced up they made his car and took no responsibility later when he removed the wrap. I simply won't pay squat for a wrapped car knowing this. If you are tired of the car I get selling it. If you still really like it sell the GMC and get a cheap school commuter for mpg. I think the words regret and miss are interchanged. I miss all my old musclecars. However they are sorta like high school girlfriends. Have you ever seen them years later as if you hung on to them? I saw my IROC some 5+ after I sold it and it sat in the sun longer and the interior was shot and the clearcoat all shot tires worn out trans problems cooling problems it just wasn't the same car. I'm not totally blaming the new owner but better upkeep would have made a big difference but things age. Missing something isn't the same as I shouldn't have sold it and moved on. You have so much into the Camaro I wouldn't move on from it unless your wanting to move on (same as a girlfriend I suppose).
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:12 PM   #19
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstock6.2 View Post
I 100% agree with this. When I got the wrap done I had no plans of ever getting rid of the car and somewhat regret it now, especially since it added no value to the car and may have even hurt my odds of finding a seller. I still love the car and the wrap, but the financial burden of car building is neverending lol
I get it. I was jonsin so bad for a supercharger early on and could have afforded it but as you say, the endless pay-to-play and cooler head prevailed. I knew most things down the drivetrain were going to need upgrading after bolting on 100HP. Now, at 9 years old, I'm liking the "stockness" of the car.

Oh, and $350 is a pretty reasonable payment!
Old 02-14-2024, 07:54 PM   #20
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstock6.2 View Post
The mods are paid for fully, the car, I owe about $14,000. The loan was originally for $20,000 and because I was only 19 with no co-signer, the bank had their way with me and gave me a 12% interest rate. My payments aren't huge (like $350), but seeing how much my payments aren't even going to the principal hurts.
Just as an aside, (if you're not already doing it), do whatever you can to make extra principal-only payments to cut back how much more interest these bandits are getting from you.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:17 PM   #21
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I am in the opinion of the lower 20K range, just because when a car is highly modified everyone assume the worse. Local market conditions vary and all it takes is the right buyer or someone knows the car and they may be willing to pay quite a bit more. Never hurts to list it on free sites at what ever price you want and see if there is a buyer out there. Before i got married I sold my highly modified 70 GTO convertible because I thought I had outgrown hot rods-my soon to be wife told me I would regret it and to keep it. I took a huge hit selling it and about two years after I started to really regret it, 40 years later my wife still reminds me I should have listened to her.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:31 PM   #22
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Man I would have taken all the extra money spent on mods and dumped it into paying the car off first. That said, loose the wrap and the doors and I bet you don’t have too bad of a time selling it. A guy looking for a modded car (they are out there) would likely jump all over that car if it was in its factory color and the doors were normal.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:23 PM   #23
d2cheer

Drives: 2013 2SS Vert, 1968, 1971 Camaro
IF the payment is not an issue and the gas is...cut back somewhere else you can in your budget. Cook at home more than eating out etc...Refinance the loan for a lower interest rate!!

YOU will regret selling it since you made it what YOU wanted. No one else will get the same joy out of it. The mods are great but the wrap would be a deterrent to most.

The 20K you maybe could get won't allow you to replace what you had.

The fist thing I thought of when I saw the wrap was I wonder what is hiding under there. Same as for a vinyl top I stay away from them as well.

I sold my 1978 Z28 and it took me over 27 years to get a suitable replacement and even then it was not exactly what I wanted in my other car and was always disappointed. I finally sold it last year and got a 2013 2SS Vert hence why I am here...
d2cheer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, opinion, question, worth