Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #6287
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
My buddy had a 1911 Kimber. Took it to the range and it would not fire. It's been a couple years now, but he spent quite some time communicating with Kimber and the gun shop he bought it at. Turns out it was such a tight gun, it would only shoot one brand of rounds.
I've shot reloads through it at various heat settings..... With a spring change it'll shoot light loads, but out of the box it loves hot loads. With middle of the road loadings occasionally it'll FTE but not limp wristing it will usually fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
If the Pick for C5 Six is Gateway not a good CCW friendly state :(
I haven't kept up with Il. CC fight, don't know what they came up with.....

Glad you're doing well with the fight
Old 11-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #6288
dmw56

Drives: 2014 2SS Red Hot 6M
Another of my builds. 1943 Izzy Mosin Nagant. Boyds stock, barrel cut down to 24" and threaded. Muzzle brake, bent bolt with Redfield 3X9 wide angle scope.
Attached Images

dmw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #6289
Mark's SS

Drives: 17 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Mr Twisty I went and looked at a Kimber ultra carry II today and I really liked it. It's a good size. Not to big not to small. I may have to say screw it and buy two guns lol.
Take a look at the Springfield Armory EMP. I picked one up in .40 recently and it is a nice gun for less than the Kimber. It will make another nice CCW. I normally carry Colt's, so the size and weight are about the same.
Mark's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #6290
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's SS View Post
Take a look at the Springfield Armory EMP. I picked one up in .40 recently and it is a nice gun for less than the Kimber. It will make another nice CCW. I normally carry Colt's, so the size and weight are about the same.
I LOVED my EMP. Had one in 9MM. Wish I kept it :(
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #6291
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw56 View Post
Another of my builds. 1943 Izzy Mosin Nagant. Boyds stock, barrel cut down to 24" and threaded. Muzzle brake, bent bolt with Redfield 3X9 wide angle scope.
Looks good! Is it accurate?
Old 11-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #6292
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I checked it out but I will get the Kimber. I can get it for less than the emp.

I bought a Kimber micro carry for now but will get the ultra carry 2 soon. The micro feels great and can be put anywhere.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #6293
Mr Twisty

Quote:
I checked it out but I will get the Kimber. I can get it for less than the emp.

I bought a Kimber micro carry for now but will get the ultra carry 2 soon. The micro feels great and can be put anywhere.
Kimber is never a bad choice, it's only a difficult choice because of the price..... but you do get a lot of gun for the money.

My pistol is getting a nice 'carry' patina on it, I didn't buy it as a collectors safe queen, I bought it to protect my life. DGAS what the value of it is in 50 years.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #6294
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Kimber is never a bad choice, it's only a difficult choice because of the price..... but you do get a lot of gun for the money.

My pistol is getting a nice 'carry' patina on it, I didn't buy it as a collectors safe queen, I bought it to protect my life. DGAS what the value of it is in 50 years.
I really wanted to buy the ultra carry 2 but I really didn't want to spend $1,450 for both guns. I will buy it in a month or two. They had it listed for $800 In the store. Not a bad price at all.

It looks like yours had a baby
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #6295
Mr Twisty

Quote:
I really wanted to buy the ultra carry 2 but I really didn't want to spend $1,450 for both guns. I will buy it in a month or two. They had it listed for $800 In the store. Not a bad price at all.

It looks like yours had a baby
Sweet!

Give it a little break-in time, keep it clean and I'm betcha it'll run like a swiss watch
Old 11-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #6296
Mark's SS

Drives: 17 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Duramax
Nice Kimber. I like my little .380's. They are so easy to carry. I just got finished making a holster for this Mustang.
Attached Images

Mark's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #6297
Mr Twisty

Since I was taking pics thought I'd show off the newest member of the family.... Her name is Noreen BN308, I just call her Sweety

This is my first AR10 type, I like the Noreen for it's side-charging and Shilen barrel. Nice base to start with. First mod is Vortex scope, Atlas bipod, then fire-control group... thought I might just order springs & polish it up, if I don't like the result I can swap it with another rifle & get a Geissele or JP single stage maybe
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #6298
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Sweet!
Give it a little break-in time, keep it clean and I'm betcha it'll run like a swiss watch
Thanks, going to the range tomorrow to run 500 rounds thought it. Should be broke in after that.

Quote:
Nice Kimber. I like my little .380's. They are so easy to carry. I just got finished making a holster for this Mustang.

Nice holster man!

Quote:
Since I was taking pics thought I'd show off the newest member of the family.... Her name is Noreen BN308, I just call her Sweety

This is my first AR10 type, I like the Noreen for it's side-charging and Shilen barrel. Nice base to start with. First mod is Vortex scope, Atlas bipod, then fire-control group... thought I might just order springs & polish it up, if I don't like the result I can swap it with another rifle & get a Geissele or JP single stage maybe
I need one of those for hunting. I think that's what I am going to build next.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #6299
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Cold weather shooting gloves....does a thin pair of gloves that keep your hands warm exist? I have a set of Blackhawk ones....they're alright but I am outside for LONG periods of time and they don't last....
Old 11-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #6300
Mr Twisty

Liner gloves, with a good pair over, till you're ready to shoot..... or keep your hands in your pockets lol

Thin & warm just doesn't seem to exist, but I've been pleased with anything with thinsulate.

Tags
camaro gun