Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
FAST ZL1 VERTS ?

So besides the cosmetic changes that have been done to the ZL1 verts,Who else has Modded theirs ?
1)What kind of power are you making and what times have you ran ?

2) Does anyone know who owns the fastest ZL1 vert list on the forums ?

3) I would also like to know who has posted the highest RWHP with a ZL1 vert as the fastest and the one with the most dont always end up being the same car...I am asking about ZL1's only thks
Old 10-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
I've never ran mine at the track, they won't let me over here but I'm chomping at the bit for a chance to run it. Have wheels and will travel if timing is right to somewhere that'll let me track it.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
you'all make me feel bad. My signature would say 'Stock'. The only mod I can list is 'weathertech floormats'. Does that get me any street cred?
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Didn't we recently try this thread? It seemed to drop off fast. Maybe because there are only a few of us crazy vert owners that go for HP seeing as we can't race them without adding a roll-bar or cage. I agree with LuckyZL-1 I'm chomping at the bit to run mine.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Every time I hear of a get together at a track the first question I ask is "can I run my vert?" The wife got her a BMW vert so I actually contemplated getting a cage installed in the ZL-1. But then again I think why not just sell it and build a whole new car for track only? (Stingray) but I know I'll miss my ZL-1!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 10-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
It depends upon your track. They let me run with my Revolution bar which is 2" steel through it. Told me I was good to 10.49

RPM 5 ROLL BARS
They can be installed and taken out. they look awesome. Carbon Fiber, chrome moly and even painted to match car. The drivers and passengers side swing out for easy access and can be taken out with 2 pins and stored in the trunk with supplied holder. Only adds 40lb.
http://rpmrollbar.com/rollbars-gm.html

It is definitely the way to go. The whole unit can come out in a hour.
But this is the way to go without any problems.
Also need a dot/,snell 2005 or newer helmet.
Roll control helps too.
So does the shift/launch light that apex sells (Raptor Performance)
And a good set of DR"s or Slicks
Old 10-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
gen=5

I looked into that roll bar,the issue i have with it was that it doesnt let the seat go all the way back,and i need all of the room to get into the car..I spoke to them and it prevents about 2 inches or more of recline movement. The inside of a coupe has more room for the cage than a vert... there is always removal of the back seats and do a 4 point and try to keep the back cross bar at least within the six inch rule so its legal..and can still be used to mount the harness if one is going to be used..no plastic would have to have a hole cut into it as with other bars..
Old 10-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Wow that sounds awesome!! RPM huh?! I'm gonna really think about hard now. So I could get rid of seats install a lightweight racing seat and the RPM and then maybe look to trimming some other weight including my fat ass. Might be cheaper in the long run? But then again nothing wrong with 2 cars!
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 10-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I looked into that roll bar,the issue i have with it was that it doesnt let the seat go all the way back,and i need all of the room to get into the car..I spoke to them and it prevents about 2 inches or more of recline movement. The inside of a coupe has more room for the cage than a vert... there is always removal of the back seats and do a 4 point and try to keep the back cross bar at least within the six inch rule so its legal..and can still be used to mount the harness if one is going to be used..no plastic would have to have a hole cut into it as with other bars..
Yes that would be the way to go for the big guys like us. Removing the back seat helps on weight for these verts too.
We need to find ways to save weight with these verts if your going to the track. I use to have someone go with me in another vehicle to put parts in and carry fuel for the way home.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
you guys with convertibles should look at the COPO Convertible GM made that was 1 of 69 COPOS and 1 of 1 COPO Convertibles. It has a preety nice cross bar made for it. I would copy that.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #11
gen=5

Question how much Rwhp does it take for a ZL1 vert to run 10's Also is our launch traction control different than that of a SS vert..? reason I ask is that one of the members that has a SSvert that had 740rwhp only ran 10.7,and the 3 ZL1's in the 9's all have mid 700rwhp ! I know we are giving up 300lbs,but thats like having a big guy in the car with you, so ? I am not sure if i remember correctly but is it 1 10th per 100lbs ? If that was the case then given the same hp a vert should in theory if the coupes run 9.7 to 9.8 then a vert could run 10.2 to 10.3 with 740 to 760rwhp ?