Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
kidreno_21

Drives: Zr2 Blazer, 2013 ZL1 Black on black
Driver's Side Seatbelt not locking

Actually, it locks when driving, during emergencies and when it has to, but it does not lock when I fully extend the belt so I can lock myself in the seat while I am on the track. I spoke with a few Corvette owners, who brought this to my attention. My passenger side belt locks, just not the driver's side.

I took it in to the dealership and they swapped the mechanism out - it still does not lock. I called the dealer, and they said that if the new mechanism does not lock, then it is probably designed that way (which raises the question: Why the heck didn't the mechanic or service manager check the work that was done... But whatever, I have you guys to fall back on, right?).

So, my question for you all is this: Does your driver's side seatbelt lock when you fully extend the belt? How about your passenger side? And for kicks and grins, do the backseat seatbelts lock?

Again, my driver's side seatbelt DOES work, I just am unable to get it to lock me in for track day events.
kidreno_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
My only question is, how big are you that you need to extend the belt all the way ?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
kidreno_21

Drives: Zr2 Blazer, 2013 ZL1 Black on black
I'm not fat, if that's what you're asking. 5' 11", 195lbs and I am a strength and endurance nutcase.

To clairify, I am fully extending my seatbelt in order to force the belt to not allow for movement while I am on the track. Try it in a Corvette or the passenger seat of your ZL1. Once fully extended, allow the belt to retract some. It should not extend again until it is fully retracted, therefore locking the passenger into position in order to allow the person limited movement until the belt is removed.

Am I being clear as mud?
kidreno_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Have you tried to lock it normal, then after locked extend it all the way, then back to lock it in.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #5
SilverStripeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Bump.... I found this thread today after searching the same topic, having experienced the same issue at the track yesterday. Page 2-16 of the 2010 owner's manual notes the passenger belt will lock if you pull it out all the way ("child restraint locking feature"). Since there's no mention of the driver seat, should I assume the driver seat does not have this locking feature?

Last edited by SilverStripeSS; 07-13-2021 at 02:08 PM.
SilverStripeSS is offline   Reply With Quote