Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-07-2024, 06:08 PM   #15
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Thanks everyone!

Ok, good to know about the starting thing. I was just thinking about the oil not really moving around inside and that scared me, but that's me, overthinking, lol. I know just letting it sit there idling is not good for it for moisture buildup reasons, so I "simulated" a drive, so at least I didn't just let it idle the couple times I did do it.

I put a layer of vapor barrier poly under the car (car's parked right over top of it including wheels), would that be enough?

Never thought of over inflating the tires slightly... what's the benefit?

I think I'll use a triple combo for mice. Bucket trap, regular trap, dryer sheets.

I am using those Dri-z-air dehumidifiers as well. 3 In total (2 outside, one in), mainly because of the unfinished nature of my "detached garage"

Glad to hear that brand of charger works well, awesome!
speedyink1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:40 PM   #16
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Some folks overinflated their tires to prevent flat spots and give the tire some "cushion" psi should they start to leak down over time.

Modern tires will still develop "flat spots". You'll feel them slightly for the first couple of miles of driving after storing the car for a long time. This is normal, and they will work themselves out when the tires reach normal temperatures and get used a bit.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:46 PM   #17
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Ahh gotcha, makes total sense
speedyink1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:45 PM   #18
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
There are a couple of reasons to over-inflate when you store your car.

First, your tires will lose pressure over time because they are permeable...air will get through the rubber, particularly the small molecule gasses.

Second, you probably start storage at a higher ambient temperature than the dead of winter. The pressure will go down by about 1 psi per 10 degrees.

So to help prevent flat spots, overinflation is a good idea.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 08:55 PM   #19
Hack

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Poly under the car is not a bad idea in my opinion. Concrete is very porous and it could slightly decrease the amount of moisture on the bottom of the car. I probably wouldn't take the time to do it, but I don't think it will do any harm.

Make sure it's clear poly. Mice love to roam in dark places. If you have a plastic tarp or something that's not clear, expect to find mice gathering under it.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:21 AM   #20
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I would stick with a NoCo Genius I would also stick with the 5 (5 amp) or 10 (10amp).

No Co recommends the 2 for small car batteries.

The Chevy one is a CTEK at 4.3 amps.

I spent the extra $30 from the 5 to the 10 for the extra amperage and it also desulphates batteries. Never know what else you may want to use it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote