Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
Does anyone know of a knock off (cheaper ) 1le splitter for sell on any of the vendors or eBay . I called my dealer to check pricing for the 1le splitter and it was 700$ they can keep that . I was quoted about 500$ for the z28 spoiler as well . Anyone help please ���� I want the 1le look without having the 1le lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSkid View Post
http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...LPE#.VJh0nDOAw

$300ish..maybe this is kind of close?
Yeah, your best bet is ACS Composite. Here's their website:

http://www.acscomposite.com/

As far as I've found, and everything on my Camaro is ACS, if you go with GM you're going to pay a boat load. If you go with Duraflex, the cheap stuff, assuming the splitter even fits and it probably won't, it'll take a ton of prep work to make it look right or paint-ready. ACS is right in the middle as far price goes but the quality is good. The finish is good so you can bolt it right on or paint it and it comes with all the hardware you need for install. Again, everything on my car: splitter, rockers, and rears - are ACS. I've had no problems with it, I like the look, and the price is right...
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #16
jcsuddre

Drives: 2016 black 2 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
Yeah, your best bet is ACS Composite. Here's their website:

http://www.acscomposite.com/

As far as I've found, and everything on my Camaro is ACS, if you go with GM you're going to pay a boat load. If you go with Duraflex, the cheap stuff, assuming the splitter even fits and it probably won't, it'll take a ton of prep work to make it look right or paint-ready. ACS is right in the middle as far price goes but the quality is good. The finish is good so you can bolt it right on or paint it and it comes with all the hardware you need for install. Again, everything on my car: splitter, rockers, and rears - are ACS. I've had no problems with it, I like the look, and the price is right...

What does the grey primer look like on those ? I really don't want to spend another 200 on it . Or could there possibly be a cheaper way to get it black such as plastidip etc
jcsuddre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:49 AM   #17
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I don't track my car because there isn't one within 100 miles of where I live just drag strips
The standard SS is a better choice for the strip anyway. IMO 1LEs are slower than SSes for a number of reasons. And if you want better handling the 1LE suspension is available. The only advantage the 1LE has for drag racing is the transmission is beefier.

Most of the GM add-on parts are overpriced. The 1LE/ZL1 wheel replicas are reasonable, but you can also get Z/28 replicas. Of course Plastidip is even cheaper.

Quote:
What does the grey primer look like on those ? I really don't want to spend another 200 on it . Or could there possibly be a cheaper way to get it black such as plastidip etc
Plastidip FTW!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #18
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Here is a little hint for you..

Call Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet. She will save you a bunch of money and be sure you get the correct splitter. I just went through the same scenario you originally posted and my splitter is on the way to me now. It did not cost $700.... Good Luck. Maureen is the best and she knows her stuff.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #19
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Here is a little hint for you..

Call Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet. She will save you a bunch of money and be sure you get the correct splitter. I just went through the same scenario you originally posted and my splitter is on the way to me now. It did not cost $700.... Good Luck. Maureen is the best and she knows her stuff.
+1, Maureen is amazing and very responsive. Got my side rockers from her painted and shipped for an amazing price. Much lower than anywhere else.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
I assume you mean you don't want to spend another 200 for paint. It sounds like you're not going to do the install. I had the same shop that did the install do the paint as well and it was cheaper. See if you can find a shop near by that does both. I don't know about plastidip, I don't have any experience with it. Let us know what you do though...
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #21
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSkid View Post
http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...LPE#.VJh0nDOAw

$300ish..maybe this is kind of close?

I like this one better than the OEM one on the 1LE.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #22
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Does anyone know of a knock off (cheaper ) 1le splitter for sell on any of the vendors or eBay . I called my dealer to check pricing for the 1le splitter and it was 700$ they can keep that . I was quoted about 500$ for the z28 spoiler as well . Anyone help please 😞😞 I want the 1le look without having the 1le lol
They will actually let you purchase those parts? My dealership told me "you can only get parts that are for your specific trim/model". They wouldn't sell me a ZL1 rear diffuser lol!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #23
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
They will actually let you purchase those parts? My dealership told me "you can only get parts that are for your specific trim/model". They wouldn't sell me a ZL1 rear diffuser lol!
I was under the impression that the "trim restriction" rules only applied to the Z/28. Heck, GM promotes 1LE handling kits for standard SS cars.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:55 AM   #24
jcsuddre

What do you guys think of the street scene stillen splitter
Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #25
jcsuddre

I decided to get the acs t4 splitter I will post pictures when I get it . I would of bought performance parts instead however there isn't a whole lot of stuff besides the cold air intake that I can do now that won't void warranty .
Old 02-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #26
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
I decided to get the acs t4 splitter I will post pictures when I get it . I would of bought performance parts instead however there isn't a whole lot of stuff besides the cold air intake that I can do now that won't void warranty .
The following won't void warranty :

- Ported Throttle Body
- Oil Catch Can
- Throttle Controller
Old 02-17-2015, 06:53 AM   #27
2qwik2katch

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Haha my dealership quoted me $900 for the 1LE splitter! They crazy try the exterior vendor marketplace you'll find a better deal.
2qwik2katch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #28
jcsuddre

unfortunately due to the snow and bad weather we have been getting hammered with i was only able to snap 2 decent pics and it doesnt help that my road is so muddy right now . The second pic i had to spray off the mud lol

I did plastidip it before having it installed.
Attached Images