Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #15
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiemac View Post
I prefer the 5th gen look but, I stress a little when every week I pass the closest Chevy dealer to my house. The same Camaros that have been out front are still there. I've looked to see if they are in fact the same ones. Mostly, they are. The dealer where I bought my car is a very big dealership and they aren't selling to well. Idk, look, size, price? Not even the lower priced are doing well. I think dealers ordered high end hoping people would jump on the new ones. It doesn't look like that here. I've said that I've only seen one '16 on the street. Hope the '17 does better.
I have to agree with you on that point. There Chevy dealer nearest me doesnt seem to moving a lot of camaro inventory, and this dealer is known for being the "sports car dealer."

They only order combinations that reach out and grab you, none of that Automatic V6 in Silver with Silver wheels stuff.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #16
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
Just built a coupe for... 58,195 whew! That's without 1le but optioned to the max. As I've said before the '17 can get expensive fast. Happy for those who can buy these. They do have nice performance options.
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #17
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Just built a coupe for... 58,195 whew! That's without 1le but optioned to the max. As I've said before the '17 can get expensive fast. Happy for those who can buy these. They do have nice performance options.
You must have checked every little box there is to be checked. Funny, though, they just released pricing for the ZL1 starting at $62K and change.

I just built a 2SS and checked everything that I could spend money on. My result came to $59, 085, Lordy. However, I then built a 2SS the way I would actually want it, and it came to $43, 800. Guess I'm not much for gadgets and such. However, local inventory search showed the closest I could get was $46K.

Guess I'll be buying my next Camaro used, lol.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #18
Scottiemac

Now you have to wonder how they could get the ZL1 in the 62k range and have high optioned SS's at 55-58 ish. I did build the online one to 58k but I'm too cheap to pay for some of the things I checked in the build. My personal build is still over 55k. If the ZL1 is that close I'd try hard to go that extra 8-10k.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:05 PM   #19
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZurcher View Post
Happens all the time.

Come out with a great basic sports car.

Come out with some expensive special editions.

Slowly migrate the SE options down to the basic car.

Come out with a new version with all the goodies that costs more.

Do that a few times, slowly raising the price each time until the once great basic car is out of the hands of the masses.

The Japanese are great at this, think Celica through Supra, 240Z through 300ZX, Mazda RX series.

Chevy is doing the same thing with the C8 Corvette, they wont even make the C7 version anymore so your $58,000 bargain supercar is gone.

Camaro will be the same way, who really wants a 4 or 6 cyl muscle car anyway. Most will not be able to afford the cool versions and the cheap versions won't sell. They'll blame it on everything but their own stupidity.
...and thier greed...
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:49 AM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Now you have to wonder how they could get the ZL1 in the 62k range and have high optioned SS's at 55-58 ish. I did build the online one to 58k but I'm too cheap to pay for some of the things I checked in the build. My personal build is still over 55k. If the ZL1 is that close I'd try hard to go that extra 8-10k.
No doubt it's a lot of money. However, even still, looking at the performance specs, and what's thrown in the car, then compare it to the rest of the market at that performance level, and it's still a lot of car for the money.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:08 AM   #21
rodfone

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
A friend of mine just picked up a 13 427 50th anniversary convert corvette for 54 and change
rodfone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #22
Infantryman11C
High Angle Hell

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
While I do love the looks of the 2017 ZL1 and all the promised stats I just cant bring myself to drop everything and trade my 14 1LE for it. I think I'll just hang on to my car and add more power and handling to the one I have. Spending 62k for a brand new car that I have to go through the break in process again and having to worry about voided warranties seems like a headache. I can easily spend 10k on my car and out perform the ZL1 and still be under the sticker price. I bet a fully loaded ZL1 will cost you in the ballpark of 70k..thats corvette money right there!

Brothers don't always have the same mother
Always remembered, Never forgotten
Infantryman11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #23
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I guess the Summer of 2009 is now the good old days. Paid $38,400 MSRP for my fully
loaded '10 2SS I ordered back then. Auto, RS, sunroof, IO interior, stripes, polished wheels, etc.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #24
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Of course you have to compare similar options. There are more options available on the 17's than have been available in other years. From what I've seen, the pricing increase was similar to previous years.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #25
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkn95u0 View Post
I was going to sell my 2012 SS and buy a 2016 SS. Optioned out, i priced it up to $51k before taxes & license fee's... so instead of selling my 2012 for $25k and getting stuck in the hole with another $30k, i decided to just do E85 and pulley drop.

It's not that I can't afford one, it's just that I don't want to pay $51k for yet another Camaro that will be slower than the next one in 5-7 years and repeat. I've also noticed people stopped using the word 'nice car' when talking about the 6th gen. the 6th Gen lost it's wow affect with the high price and body style changes and such. I would rather get a vette for a few $$ extra
Used perhaps. The base price of a new Vette is slated to be $80k with the release of Zora (2018?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Of course you have to compare similar options. There are more options available on the 17's than have been available in other years. From what I've seen, the pricing increase was similar to previous years.
Most of them are cosmetic and super inflated 400% or more. Though I believe you'd agree with me in saying the industry and marketing have most of the general public wired in believing the only person qualified to turn a wrench is the dealer.

We had a local dealer quote $500/wheel for powder coating (Monday Chevrolet?) and that somehow a $30 interior lighting package is magically worth $1,000.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #26
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Dealer addons have always been expensive. My comments were more general in regards to comparing prices of similar optioned cars. Meaning option for option, not "fully loaded" to "fully loaded".
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #27
Scottiemac

I believe in 2015 there were more options to pick from that are now standard or attached to a package. There are new options like magnetic ride. The point I made earlier was that the ones I see in my area are 47k-51k with some maxed out up to 55k on the lots. There are a few v6 for less but they're quite expensive too. The SS the dealers have are well optioned but you will pay. They still haven't discounted the '16 much and if you can get a '17 it's list. This is only what I have seen here in suburban Philadelphia.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:06 PM   #28
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Just found a brand new 2016 Vette here in Houston for $52k...
Love the Camaros, but I like Vettes more. And at that price, that is tempting!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote