Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #71
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Wow, I really like that "Some legends just live in your dreams, others never let you sleep." I think GM should really use that. It's perfect for the Camaro!
Thanks! I sort of took the angle that Camaro has been dead for 5 years and all but a distant memory for many people and now it returns better than ever. I mean, lets face it - other than us enthusiasts, I bet there's still many people who don't think there will ever be another Camaro. Something like that should wake them up, so to speak

If Scott (Fbodfather) reads this, perhaps he could refer me to the PR department

Seriously, GM needs to get the ads right with this car. Nothing cheezy, nothing stupid. This car begs for advertisements that will make girls tear their shirt off and throw themselves against the TV and guys start drooling and breathing heavily.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #72
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I want an ad without any sound except motor drive-by sounds. There should be a line of all the generations and renditions of the Camaro. First, the original should quickly drive by the camera. Then the next one from a different angle, and so on. The last car should be an F-body that stops, spins its tires until it is surrounded by smoke, and finally peel out as a Zeta Camaro from the smoke.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #73
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'd like to see the '67 thunder down the road, very majestically. Powerful. hungry. LOUD. the screen "vibrates" as it passes. Then let each generation after that roll by, each quieter, untill the last of the 3rd gens. Then they get slightly louder (but not much) as each passes. Finally a 35th anniversay 2002 edition comes into the street. And just stops. The camera circles. What a spectacle. THE Camaro SS with 325 hp of raw power.

But then it disintigrates. It's gone. All we see is an empty street.

Then the drum beat from Iron Man begins to play. A pebble on the street rattles. The screen shakes like it did with the '67, but there's nobody around. Only Iron Man and a thunderous sound. On the final drum beat and the Guitar Riff, Out of the mist two halo's light up. On the second riff, the foglamps light up. On the third, the main headlamps light up. All the while the screen is shaking. Finally the main tune begins, and out of the mist rolls the 5th gen. Black.

IT'S BACK
2010 Camaro
coming 2009

One more scene of the Camaro as it peels out from under that traffic light in the Firebird Commercials. and we glimpse it's taillights before going to black again.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #74
SSFreak11

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
All of you have great ideas! I'm getting goose bumps just visualizing all of these comercials...Can it be 2009 already? Please?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #75
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I want an ad without any sound except motor drive-by sounds. There should be a line of all the generations and renditions of the Camaro. First, the original should quickly drive by the camera. Then the next one from a different angle, and so on. The last car should be an F-body that stops, spins its tires until it is surrounded by smoke, and finally peel out as a Zeta Camaro from the smoke.
I like the idea of this, but not quite the whole thing. The concept of the F-body peeling out and covering it with smoke (not the screen though, you would still see surrounding objects) and having a 5th gen left or leaving the smoke cloud is great. I will be thinking up my own commercial ideas (granted some will be twists of others tonight and I'll post some later on.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #76
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
"Some legends just live in your dreams. Others never let you sleep!"
My new Sig, if fastball has no objections.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #77
$¢'s 5th Gen

Drives: SUV & Chaparral
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'd like to see the '67 thunder down the road, very majestically. Powerful. hungry. LOUD. the screen "vibrates" as it passes. Then let each generation after that roll by, each quieter, untill the last of the 3rd gens. Then they get slightly louder (but not much) as each passes. Finally a 35th anniversay 2002 edition comes into the street. And just stops. The camera circles. What a spectacle. THE Camaro SS with 325 hp of raw power.

But then it disintigrates. It's gone. All we see is an empty street.

Then the drum beat from Iron Man begins to play. A pebble on the street rattles. The screen shakes like it did with the '67, but there's nobody around. Only Iron Man and a thunderous sound. On the final drum beat and the Guitar Riff, Out of the mist two halo's light up. On the second riff, the foglamps light up. On the third, the main headlamps light up. All the while the screen is shaking. Finally the main tune begins, and out of the mist rolls the 5th gen. Black.

IT'S BACK
2010 Camaro
coming 2009

One more scene of the Camaro as it peels out from under that traffic light in the Firebird Commercials. and we glimpse it's taillights before going to black again.
These are both my favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFreak11 View Post
All of you have great ideas! I'm getting goose bumps just visualizing all of these comercials...Can it be 2009 already? Please?
The same happened to me...
2008 is a leap year, why cant we just leap over the whole year and suddenly the camaro is ready
$¢'s 5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #78
Splicerguy

Drives: 2002 trailblazer
How about this...

Opens in mad scientist lab, lots of smoke, bubbling beakers and lots of cool equiptment. There are three lifts in the lab, the middle one is covered by a sheet. The left one has a C6R on it, the right one has a NASCAR car on it. Both take turns revving their engines, then they are covered by sheets and all 3 lifts are raised up in frankenstein fashion. Lightning and thunder commence and the lifts are lowered again. The C6R and NASCAR are gone, the sheet is removed from the middle and there is the new Camaro. Camaro starts up and revs engine(need the v8 here), mad scientist yells "It's alive!!!" Voice over says "Chevy Camaro: Bad ass is in our DNA!"
Splicerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #79
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I had annother take on the "Mad Scientist" idea only more covert. Here it is....
Two special forces looking guys walk into what looks like an abandend wharehouse. There talking to each other "Are you sure this is the place?","Yes,the package is right over here.","I was told it didn't exist","It's here... we just chose to forget about it for awhile" They walk by a light and we see a quick reflection of an I.D. badge that reads GM Special Projects."We need to bring it back..this time for good.","Are you sure we can still controll it?" They pick up crowbars and begin opening the front of a very lage crate. Rob Zombies Superbeast begins to play in the background. "We have no chioce, we need to bring it back." The front of the crate falls and the headlights flash on. The camaro rolls out slowly. The camaro flashes it lights as if to say thank you. Then speeds out of the wharehouse. The one guy looks at the other and says "Are you sure we did the right thing?" The other replies with a smirk " Oh yeah."
Just what I thought would be cool.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #80
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
When can we expect to start seeing Camaro commercials? I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but this thread reminds me of it. GM surely learned its lesson about advertising with the 4th gen.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:20 AM   #81
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I had annother take on the "Mad Scientist" idea only more covert. Here it is....
Two special forces looking guys walk into what looks like an abandend wharehouse. There talking to each other "Are you sure this is the place?","Yes,the package is right over here.","I was told it didn't exist","It's here... we just chose to forget about it for awhile" They walk by a light and we see a quick reflection of an I.D. badge that reads GM Special Projects."We need to bring it back..this time for good.","Are you sure we can still controll it?" They pick up crowbars and begin opening the front of a very lage crate. Rob Zombies Superbeast begins to play in the background. "We have no chioce, we need to bring it back." The front of the crate falls and the headlights flash on. The camaro rolls out slowly. The camaro flashes it lights as if to say thank you. Then speeds out of the wharehouse. The one guy looks at the other and says "Are you sure we did the right thing?" The other replies with a smirk " Oh yeah."
Just what I thought would be cool.
I'd like to see that one...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:50 AM   #82
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I had another idea.

There's a long road in the middle of some barren desert. It's sunset, and there's a small house with a couple of old men sitting on the porch. There's an old first generation Camaro in the driveway, but it's hard to make out. Someone leaves without saying a word. You don't see his face, but he's wearing a leather jacket, classy shades, and just seems like a tough guy. He leaves in a fourth generation Camaro SS that's parked outside. One old guy says to the other, "Do you think we'll ever see him again?" The screen goes dark. The next morning, they're sitting on the porch again, and down the road there's a cloud of dust. At breakneck speed, a Zeta Camaro SS tears down the street. You hear it roaring, and then the other old man says, "I told you so."
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #83
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I'd like to see that one...
Quote:
I had another idea.

There's a long road in the middle of some barren desert. It's sunset, and there's a small house with a couple of old men sitting on the porch. There's an old first generation Camaro in the driveway, but it's hard to make out. Someone leaves without saying a word. You don't see his face, but he's wearing a leather jacket, classy shades, and just seems like a tough guy. He leaves in a fourth generation Camaro SS that's parked outside. One old guy says to the other, "Do you think we'll ever see him again?" The screen goes dark. The next morning, they're sitting on the porch again, and down the road there's a cloud of dust. At breakneck speed, a Zeta Camaro SS tears down the street. You hear it roaring, and then the other old man says, "I told you so."

Those are both great! I would LOVE to see GM use one of these ideas.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 AM   #84
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
here is one-> i really don't think they would make it because it might piss a few people off....

a guy walking in the desert finds a gene bottle...rubs it and the gene says he will give him 2 wishes... the guys say "2 i thought it was 3" in which the gene replies "i get your 3rd wish, i already know what you want."
1st wish i need to be back in my town. bamm he is on a road with what appears to be an illegal street race. (think fast and the furious, all kinds of imports and some american muscle (hahahah) stangs, challengers ect...)
2nd wish the fastest thing from japan.
the gene says "your wish is my command" and we see like 5 cars coming at us (like the race is going on) then all of a sudden there is a 6th car coming up from behind the others, (the voice over could do all the "introducing the new 2010 camaro, with 450hp, ect...")
flies by them, wins the race in convincing fashion. slams on the brakes, slides in and stops on a side view. the guy turns to the gene and says "what’s this" gene replies "your 3rd wish", " i asked for the fastest thing from japan" then the door opens and some hott japanese chick gets out. there is a look between the gene and the guy. then the voice over would say something like at least some fast things still come from japan.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote