Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3whiterag View Post
People may not want to remove the Stereo in the new Camaro if the advice from an impromptu pole is taken....
Please...elaborate.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #16
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
did i miss a pole somewhere? cause i dont remember any polls containing the stock stereo.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #17
Mbai2

Drives: 2003 Black Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
did i miss a pole somewhere? cause i dont remember any polls containing the stock stereo.
He was probably referring to this post :http://camaro5.com/forums/showpost.p...01&postcount=3

Boston Acoustics would be awesome as long as I can replace the headunit without messing with the factory amp and speakers.
Mbai2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 AM   #18
i3litzkrieg

Drives: custom camaro 95 3.4 v6 300hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWz28 View Post
Hopefully this beast will have enough HP that you'll need to keep both hands on the wheel.

JWz28.
LOL LOL LOL
Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #19
MJA03

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Satellite radio wouldn’t be a bad option as long as they don’t put one of those big ass ugly antennas on the roof so when you look at the car you can’t help but focus on anything else but the antenna. If not I would be happy with just a jack for my ipod and HD radio.
MJA03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #20
Sero

Drives: 99 Mitsibishi Eclipse RS
I hope they try and incorporate something like drivesoft, or the new Micro$oft Sync. A radio with an HDD would be fine for me, XM or Sirius would be fine too, as like MJA said, no ugly ass antennae on it.

Respect: Give it, Earn it, Demand it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
REPEAT AFTER ME:

"......they are NOT the real headlights.........."

Sero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #21
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
if the camaro does have satellite i really hope they (xm & sirius) have there merger done by the time it comes out. or you will have to replace it. the ones out now will not work with both services. meaning if it has xm your stuck with it, no sirius for you, after the merge you the the units that come out will read both signals.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Well . . . bumble bee had SM satalite radio, perhaps thats a clue.

But I don't really want satalite radio. There are enough good free stations near me that I don't need to pay for the same service. Plus so long as it has CD/MP3 I'll have all that I need
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #23
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I definitely want satellite radio. In LA, there are absolutely no open radio stations, so it is very, very hard to use my FM transmitter for my ipod. All of the radio stations are 70% Mexican (why would anyone need that many????), 20% rap/hip-hop, and 10% annoying sound clips, annoying hosts talking about some stupid middle school boys locker room subject, and a dash of the same songs played over and over again. We had a really good classical station, but they took that off.

Oh and satellite radio antennae do not go on the roof. They are mounted inside the windshield, usually around the mirror.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
$¢'s 5th Gen

Drives: SUV & Chaparral
^^^ Not true on my Envoy. I have both XM Satellite and Onstar and I have 2 anttenas. The Onstar anttena is the one that sticks up 2 or 3 inches on the roof. the XM is a 2x2x2 block/square on the roof.
I also do not want an anttena on the roof but do want satellite radio and HD radio. Houston has crap for rock stations and the xm comedy is FUNNY!!!
$¢'s 5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #25
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
That's funny, every factor setup I've seen for satellite radio has a triangular block located inside the windshield right around the mirror, which I felt was a great setup. Hmm...
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #26
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sero View Post
I hope they try and incorporate something like drivesoft, or the new Micro$oft Sync. A radio with an HDD would be fine for me, XM or Sirius would be fine too, as like MJA said, no ugly ass antennae on it.
Well, right now Sync is just a Ford thing. Just like On-Star is a GM thing. I'm not sure what kind of contract MS and Ford have, but I really can't see myself using voice controls for my stereo...

All I need is an MP3 jack on the front, or a Disc Changer input on the back (can be made to support MP3 player as well). I rarely listen to the radio unless I want a traffic report, and I doubt too many satellite stations will be giving local traffic every 10 minutes like my AM news station does.

Other than that, as long as the sound quality is decent, I won't need to replace the stereo. At least not anytime soon.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #27
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
satellite radio is nice, but it is old news ive had it for years in my cars,, the new craze satellite tv for your car, some dodge vehicles come with it now, and aftermarket units are starting to pop up,, so far only a few channels,
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #28
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
No subscriptions for me thanks, take it out. Along with your dealer badge
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote