Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 04-27-2014, 03:06 AM   #29
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Hell IMO its not made for that either. Its a heavy under steering pig.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 AM   #30
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Hearing people run this hottie in the quarter mile is like nails on a chalk board to me. This car is for ROAD RACING...you know, track days,not the quarter mile. Save your hate, just my 2 cents!
keep the change! Play with yours how you want to! I enjoy destroying the 1/4 mile from a dead stop to all out in 1/4 mile!
Nothing wrong with road racing either but this car can do both.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #31
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYac View Post
I was on stock rubber and did a shitty little burn out after backing next to the pit. I slipped the clutch, ive found i've had more issues doing that. **** the other day it started to stick in traffic, I imagine the cause is my fluid heating up.

So after calling my dealership once more, they are so concerned with abuse I dont even want to dick with it right now. I makes me so freaking mad. If the CHEVY CUSTOMER SERVICE is monitoring please take note. I've owned two foreign cars, an acura TL (2005), and an 06 GLI jetta as a commuter a few years back, those two have customer service right, never once was i ever accused of anything before I came in, always offered a loaner even for minor service, and always taken care of even out of warranty and when i didnt buy that car at that dealership. Chevy dealers are a freaking joke. Ourisman in bowie is even worse than that. I would have to gamble with 600 bucks just to check my transmission, pay for a rental, and hope they find something related to the TSB, when i mentioned the TSB they got defensive. Sorry for the rant. Effing pissed, AC needs replaced, clutch sticking, cant catch a break with this car at the moment. I love my car, but my lord GM.
I completely agree with you. I went off on a rant a couple weeka ago. My biggest regret with this car is GM service. Ive owned Lexus Infiniti Audi and even a freakin Dodge. Each one of those places would cater to your issue with the car. For every little thing id get a loaner car and a car wash. Walk into a GM dealer and they immediately start telling you what they want to charge you if they cant figure stuff out. I had one even tell me they wouldnt let me come in on a Saturday to look at my transmission because they dont like doing transmissions on Saturday's..they wouldnt even do a drive and listen for the same reason. I rarely take my car in because I have little issues ever but when I do I expect the dealer to fix the car and slap it on my warranty and give me something to drive so I can go home and not be stuck in those terrible waiting areas.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #32
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Hearing people run this hottie in the quarter mile is like nails on a chalk board to me. This car is for ROAD RACING...you know, track days,not the quarter mile. Save your hate, just my 2 cents!
You have a 1LE....so yes it is for road racing. This is the drag racing section of the forum. Those who choose to take them to the dragstrip are doing exactly what the car is made for. IMO the car is more for the dragstrip than anything but thats me. My 2SS is not something id want to be swinging around turns in stock form. But have fun with yours.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #33
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
So finally got around to installing the new reservoir yesterday. Replaced with DOT4 with I believe a 314 boiling point, it is prestone synthetic brand, I looked at the Lucas at its boiling point was 284. So got it installed, and everything worked just fine afterwards. Not a bad 60 bucks spend I think.

Overall the hardest part was the freaking clip near the firewall, and drilling the holes, other than that it was a breeze.