Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2016, 12:20 AM   #15
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I had the same exact problems and the same ground as you... only mine was loose because i didnt tighten it completely after my cam swap
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:52 AM   #16
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStevo View Post
So I jump in the car this morning gritting my teeth in mental preparation for the clickclickstart, but the car started right up. I didn't think much of it as every now and again it would have a lucky shot. After the next stop it started right up again, and another stop it started right up again.

In my previous post from last night I stated that I had checked all the grounds. When I saw the diagram I was so excited and just sure I would find something, but all the grounds were on and tight as anything. What I forgot to add in my post was that upon checking the main ground cable (4 and 5 in the diagram); with growing frustration and hate in my heart I grabbed a fist full of that cable and jerked the hell out of it. I did not feel it budge as it was super tight. I closed the hood and gave up for the night.

I recalled that event today and deduced that the problem must of been at that ground, and jarring the cable as I did allowed it make better connection. So I removed the engine side of the cable (which I want to reiterate, was tight) and could see that it had been arcing trying to find a better connection. I wire bushed the stud, cable end, and even the nut. Now all is well. The car will bump start 10/10 times and the cruise control did not disconnect once on the way to work. I also noted that the volt meter is pegged at 14v and never moves as opposed to floating between 12.5 and 14 as it was before.

Thanks to everyone for the tips!
Thank you for the update.
Good to know our old asses are worth something.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:36 AM   #17
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Dang, good thing I came across this thread because I'm experiencing the same issue. I even did the same thing as the OP and purchased a new battery but continuing to have the same problems.