Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Ok, map link is updated. Let me know if you guys can see it.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
I see the map. I guess I'll meet up in Lousiville with you guys unless I can time it right to meet you all near Lexington or something. Maybe I'll get some of your phone numbers and when you're getting close to Lexington I can head that way and meet up somewhere around there. Can't wait, this is going to be a blast haha.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
I see the map. I guess I'll meet up in Lousiville with you guys unless I can time it right to meet you all near Lexington or something. Maybe I'll get some of your phone numbers and when you're getting close to Lexington I can head that way and meet up somewhere around there. Can't wait, this is going to be a blast haha.
Yay, map is up! Just a rough idea at this point, but my goal is to have the meeting points identified by July 6th. I need someone in the Louisville area to do some research into the best spot to meet on the I-64 or I -65 corridor on the identified route.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

I have messaged Apex Chase to see if he has any ideas for some points in Lousiville we could make a stop at. They're based out of Lousiville so lets see what happens. They always seem like really nice people so hopefully the can give us some valuable spots to check out.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #19
Tysen

The Louisville stop will need a lot of space. I think the Kentucky and Nashville clubs are all meeting there.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Wish I could make it to the 'fest this year. :/
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Apex Chase said that there is a Flying J truck stop in Simpsonville, KY which is before you actually get into Louisville that could be a good stopping point. That way we don't get caught too much in Lousiville traffic. The Street Rod Nationals is the same weekend at the Kentucky Expo Center so I'm sure traffic might be even worse if we get near there.

I checked out the Flying J on Google Maps and it looks like it might be a good place, there is some good parking there and also gas/snacks if needed. Anyone else got somewhere else maybe? Should we try to get a place inside of Lousiville to make it easier for the people coming from Lousiville so they won't have to back track or what do you all think?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #22
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Wish I could make it to the 'fest this year. :/
you deployed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Apex Chase said that there is a Flying J truck stop in Simpsonville, KY which is before you actually get into Louisville that could be a good stopping point. That way we don't get caught too much in Lousiville traffic. The Street Rod Nationals is the same weekend at the Kentucky Expo Center so I'm sure traffic might be even worse if we get near there.

I checked out the Flying J on Google Maps and it looks like it might be a good place, there is some good parking there and also gas/snacks if needed. Anyone else got somewhere else maybe? Should we try to get a place inside of Lousiville to make it easier for the people coming from Lousiville so they won't have to back track or what do you all think?
Yikes, that's a huge show! Went last year. Louisville people chime in, I'm thinking we need to try to find an exit N of Louisville for the TN and other folks, and to stay out of the Louisville traffic. I'm sure we'll get some input.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Yeah it would be nice to avoid that traffic. I went there last year as well and it was packed!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
Tysen

I'm not familiar with the area, but what if we met in Lexington instead?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #25
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Lexington would be easier to find a place. There is a large shopping center called Hamburg and there is a Walmart that has a huge parking lot. Would easily fit a bunch of cars. There is a Walmart gas station, speedway, thortons, marathon, and I think a shell right across the street. Food as well, waffle house, McDonald's, Denny's, some others too. I don't know the exit right off the top of my head but it would be ideal, because it's right on track heading north.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #26
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I'm not familiar with the area, but what if we met in Lexington instead?
Only issue I see with it would be not meeting with the TN group as they are coming up 65 I believe. Lexington is east of Louisville and would be quite a bit out of the way if I'm correct.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
Tysen

We are, and we were planning on meeting you guys at Louisville. However, we also don't want to get stuck in traffic. If you guys wanted to do your lunch stop at Lexington, we could time it to meet up with you in Louisville (we'll just sit at an exit until we see you guys or something).
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #28
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
you deployed?
I am indeed. I leave to come home on July 31st, but won't be back "home" until after C5 fest is over. :(
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote