Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #29
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Hey David, was looking at Road Atlanta's site! I see a thing on there about the corvette corral and the Porsche corral! Will they add the Camaro Corral to it? It's seems you have to buy the corral pass for your specific group!

I know you mentioned calling, is that what we have to do for our group? Also you have till the April 16th @ 5pm to order tickets!
If you are talking about the pictures of the vettes and Porshe, those were taken last October at the Petit Lemans. This will be the first Camaro Corral at Road Atlanta, so they wouldn't have had any pictures or info re Camaros. I doubt they will add anything to the site, but I am sure they will next year.

For those that don't follow this series, the owner of Road Atlanta headed up the rival American Lemans Series, so the merger coming in 2014 allowed this Grand Am series race at Road Atlanta for the first time. Next year both series will be joined and we can have many more Camaro Corrals in the future.

Yes you do need to tell them that you are with the Camaro Corral when ordering your ticket (s). I would like for anyone who knows that they are going, to order your tickets as soon as you can (the deadline is not until 4/16/13), so we have the 25 confirmed through the ticket sales to secure our own spot asap.

I am working with my Tech Support to post the flyer and will also post the contact information for ordering tickets.

We are starting to get some interest from some other clubs, so getting the 25 minimum should not be a problem. Thanks to Diane for posting this with the other clubs, and thanks to Scott for posting on Facebook and Atlanta Club Lounge.

I will post some more details a little later when I have more time.

Thanks,

Last edited by driser; 03-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #30
driser

Quote:
David, you ought to start a list of all who says they are going in the OP! That way we/you can keep up with all!
Sorry above my computer abilities....I see if tech support will set something up.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Sounds like a good time!
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #32
driser

Thanks Joe.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #33
t!mbo

Drives: 45th 2SS M6
I am in for this as well....
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #34
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
David this is what I saw! It's on the 2013 schedule!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361588704.313355.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  179.7 KB

And it's easy to do a list of who has committed! Just edit your original post and add a list!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #35
driser

Quote:
David this is what I saw! It's on the 2013 schedule!

Attachment 476528

And it's easy to do a list of who has committed! Just edit your original post and add a list!

They must have put that out before I talked to Angie. I reserved our spot with her last Monday.

Just make sure you when you order your tickets that you tell them you are with the Camaro Corral.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #36
driser

Road Atlanta Ticket Info

Here is just a little more information re tickets etc:

You can order tickets by either going to the Road Atlanta Website (www.roadatlanta.com), or call 1-800-849-7223. MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE CAMARO CORRAL WHEN ORDERING YOUR TICKETS !!!!.

The deadline for the advanced ticket price is 5:00 pm on 4/16/13.

The deadline for having your tickets mailed to you is 4/5/13, after that date you can pick your tickets up at Will Call.

Children 12 and under are free.

If you go to the Road Atlanta site, you can click on the map of the track and see the layout for both the race track and the infield. I suggest bringing your walking shoes, because you can walk the entire track to see the cars at every point on the track, which is recommended. Not only is it a lot of walking, there are significant elevation changes as well.

If you look at the track map, I am pretty sure that the Corral parking will be in the area labeled as "Parking" between the Main Paddock area and the Vendor area. This is where the corral parking was for Petite Lemans in October, and where Angie told me we would be.

Diane and I are going to have a conversation next week, so there should be some additional details coming after that.

Thanks,
Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #37
wshattuck

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Count me in as well! sounds like a great time...
wshattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #38
wshattuck

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
well i spoke too soon... that is the same weekend as the spring rod run in pigeon forge and the wife has already taken off for that. but maybe i can change her mind as still make it...
wshattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #39
csjcsj

TTT!!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #40
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
TTT!!!!!
It's not proper forum etiquette to bump a thread "To the Top" if its still on the first page.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #41
csjcsj

Wasn't on top in the main forum! Just the southeast section! Lol! Or was it? I'm just trying to help out!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #42
driser

Road Atlanta Camaro Corral

I added a sign up list to the original post (thanks Joe), and I believe I have everyone on there, as of today. If I missed you, please let me know.

If you have not indicated that you are coming, please post up, so I can add you to the list. We need 25 cars to secure our own reserved parking spot for just us Camaros, otherwise we have to share the spot.

Also, if you can, go ahead and order your tickets so the track starts seeing the interest. Make sure you tell them you are with the Camaro Corral, when ordering your tickets. I ordered mine today, and it takes about 5 minutes.

Grand Am is working on a meet and greet with the Stevenson Camaro Race Team, and I will be working with Road Atlanta to try and arrange a group photo on the track.

Diane is working on a cruise/dinner for Friday night, and maybe a little extra surprise.

Thanks for all the interest so far,

David