Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #155
smon68

Drives: 1967 chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Problems? As in Chevy can't make enough of them fast enough to keep up with orders? As for power, early owners with basic mods are getting in excess of 500 hp at the crank; how is that not enough power? Not enough for what?
500!!!! where are you seeing that on a stock Camaro son???
smon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #156
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by smon68 View Post
500!!!! where are you seeing that on a stock Camaro son???
Didn't say stock Camaro; I said "with basic mods" which just about everybody who gets a car like this does. However even a stock SS has 400 hp with the auto and 426 hp with the manual. Where's the "problems with power" part you say you see? Problems to me implies you've got about all you're going to get with the stock car (like my RX8) and there's not a whole lot you're going to be able to do easily to improve it. The SS is so far showing to be easy to improve which to me means it does not have problems with power; it's easy to add power.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Last edited by Doc; 06-28-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #157
Oracle646

Drives: Wanting a New SS/Z28
You know what, I am a religious person and God says don't worship any other "idols" before me.......And with that I try not to be attracted to materialistic things to much and get dreamy and what not........................BUT O MY FREAKN' Gosh! It is so hard to compete with the SS/Z28 Camaro's...

Gonna have to pray for strength tonight! lol

GO GM!
Oracle646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #158
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle646 View Post
You know what, I am a religious person and God says don't worship any other "idols" before me.......And with that I try not to be attracted to materialistic things to much and get dreamy and what not........................BUT O MY FREAKN' Gosh! It is so hard to compete with the SS/Z28 Camaro's...

Gonna have to pray for strength tonight! lol

GO GM!
Don't worship it, just drive it. Think of it as your sweet chariot, comin for to carry you home.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #159
Oracle646

Drives: Wanting a New SS/Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Don't worship it, just drive it. Think of it as your sweet chariot, comin for to carry you home.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is the best way anyone could have put it! You just solved my issue! hahahahaha
Oracle646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #160
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Also featured on homepage.

THE Z28 REALLY EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether it be a model or not, this is PROOF that motor trend was RIGHT for once . The proof is in the picture

I also, notice a Silver convertible in the background, just over Mr. Lee's left shoulder, with what seem to be experimental front end designs on the wall just above the convertible's roof

Now, can someone help me pick my jaw up off of the floor?
I get so sick of seeing this rehashed..... How is it everyone is so ridiculous. 1st off GM officials already stated that the Z28 will not be made, ever. however they are considering making the SS a Supercharged vehicle, and the base model will 4 and or 6 cylinder cars.
As far as the picture that shows "proof" of a Z28............ That picture is 3 years old....... 3 years old!! It is one of the early design models for the camaro. Please stay up with the facts and stop making assumptions and rumors. It reminds me of throwing a banana into a monkey pit and all the hungry monkeys running over and speculating where it came from and who it belongs to.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #161
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicSix6 View Post
I get so sick of seeing this rehashed..... How is it everyone is so ridiculous. 1st off GM officials already stated that the Z28 will not be made, ever. however they are considering making the SS a Supercharged vehicle, and the base model will 4 and or 6 cylinder cars.
As far as the picture that shows "proof" of a Z28............ That picture is 3 years old....... 3 years old!! It is one of the early design models for the camaro. Please stay up with the facts and stop making assumptions and rumors. It reminds me of throwing a banana into a monkey pit and all the hungry monkeys running over and speculating where it came from and who it belongs to.
Is the name-calling really that necessary? How is it you know it's not going to be made? Things can change. In light of the popularity of Camaro, maybe there's a better chance now. With the New GM here, maybe there's a better chance than ever, I think. Posting your anger really contributes nothing to this thread though. If it makes you sick, maybe it's better you don't read threads plainly titled "...Z28..."

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #162
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
1st off GM officials already stated that the Z28 will not be made, ever.
...no they didn't. They're carefully avoiding the topic...much like they avoided discussion of the the 5thgen Camaro in 2005...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #163
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
And further more they publicly stated that the z28 project is back on... They did not say when we will see it or what it will eventually be.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #164
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
I get so sick of seeing this rehashed..... How is it everyone is so ridiculous. 1st off GM officials already stated that the Z28 will not be made, ever...
When have GM officials EVER mentioned the Z28 in any way. Officially there is no way to tell whether the Z28 has ever existed in any way or ever will. Can you point to anywhere that any GM official (whatever that is) has ever said anything about the Z28?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #165
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I'm just like Fox Mulder: "I want to believe".

But it's hard
Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #166
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
That is the problem with GM .. why would you design a car for Ewoks? I don't think a regular sized person could drive that
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 AM   #167
Ben

Drives: 2011 RJT 2ss/rs l99
i hate to bump a semi old thread, but does anyone know if the z28 would be available in automatic?
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #168
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
actually it looks very close to the concept had it been yellow. the hood really is the bomb!!

Tags
camaro z28, new camaro z28, new z28, z28