Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #57
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I really hope GM has a n/a motor to respond to the 5.2. Ford has the benefit of high rpm to make power where GM doesn't. Regulations are preventing the big cube motors GM relied on.

Maybe a 427 destroked with an LT1 crank and revved high enough can make the power without failing emissions.
I hope so too, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The rumors of the Voodoo engine started to crop up a long time ago and we haven't heard anything about a special N/A motor from GM, at least not that I'm aware of. So it sounds like Camaro is stuck with the LT1 & LT4. The Corvette team mentioned they tried to go with a 7.0L for the Z06 but couldn't meet CAFE standards. Hopefully they come up with something that can compete on a road course environment. I think the LT4 is suitable for the next Gen. ZL1 and would allow it to compete with the next Gen. GT500. Likewise the LT1 will allow the 6th Gen. SS to compete with the Mustang GT. The big void that GM is going to face is against the GT350/350R.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #58
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

GM has got some seriously stiff competition. This 5.2L FPC is superior to anything GM has to offer for a track set up, or at least it should be since we have yet to see its real world performance. BUT N/A motor with over 500 hp that revs to the moon, definitely appealing to for the track. Couple that with the post that Ford had on one of their social media sites that the GT 350R is 500 lbs less than the Mustang GT..
Press release said 130 pounds including CF wheels. Note no CF brakes. Might be an equal to the Z/28 but not likely to beat it. Drivers race.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #59
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I'm not afraid of good competition from ford or dodge, the Camaro team and GM performance has a lot in store for us in the future.

The Camaro team has set the bar high with the ZL1 and especially high and out of the box with the Z/28, plus Mr. Reuss has eluded to in so many words of what to expect with the 6th gen Camaro SS if you like the current ZL1. Ford did the expected and countered what Chevy put down for the current gen car, on the surface job well done ford, but lets wait for the comparisons before anointing a new track king.

I have faith that the 6thgen Camaro will be leaps and bounds better than our current car and it will be game on again.

Fbodfather and Camaro team, we're ready to take the fight to the competition!! Can't wait for the 6thgen reveal!!

Keeping the Faith here in Georgia.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #60
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Press release said 130 pounds including CF wheels. Note no CF brakes. Might be an equal to the Z/28 but not likely to beat it. Drivers race.
I was referring to a statement made on"Ford Racing School" on Facebook, one of Ford's official social media outlets

Quote:
"Introducing the all new #GT350R...
Flat plane crank V8 with at least 500 horsepower
Ford's first ever magnetic ride suspension
130 pounds lighter than the GT350
500 pounds lighter than Mustang GT
Take it with a grain of salt since it is from FB but it's an official page..
Old 01-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #61
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
How do you figure it's a drivers race? The GT350 will be substantially lighter and likely have more power. The base GT350 is likely to be lighter than the Z/28 by a decent amount. Take off an addition 130+ lbs and the gap gets much wider. The GT350 has Cup 2 tires. Not sure how much grip they have compared to the Trofeo Rs but I can't imagine it being all that much. I'm not seeing what the Z/28 has over the GT350R that would give it any major advantage.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #62
Bhobbs

Quote:
I hope so too, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The rumors of the Voodoo engine started to crop up a long time ago and we haven't heard anything about a special N/A motor from GM, at least not that I'm aware of. So it sounds like Camaro is stuck with the LT1 & LT4. The Corvette team mentioned they tried to go with a 7.0L for the Z06 but couldn't meet CAFE standards. Hopefully they come up with something that can compete on a road course environment. I think the LT4 is suitable for the next Gen. ZL1 and would allow it to compete with the next Gen. GT500. Likewise the LT1 will allow the 6th Gen. SS to compete with the Mustang GT. The big void that GM is going to face is against the GT350/350R.
Maybe GM has managed to work on another engine without information leaking out. They have been working on the Camaro for this long with out much, if anything, being leaked.

Our best chance is something like the LS1-LS6 upgrade happening to the LT1.

If they don't, the LT1 SS will have to cover the GT and GT PP with the LT4, rumored to be Z/28, will have to cover the GT350, GT350R and GT500. There's just no way for that to work.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #63
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Maybe GM has managed to work on another engine without information leaking out. They have been working on the Camaro for this long with out much, if anything, being leaked.

Our best chance is something like the LS1-LS6 upgrade happening to the LT1.

If they don't, the LT1 SS will have to cover the GT and GT PP with the LT4, rumored to be Z/28, will have to cover the GT350, GT350R and GT500. There's just no way for that to work.
Yup, I agree. I really do not want to see a FI engine (i.e. LT4) get the role of track engine. Despite the fact that I track my ZL1, I would rather have a higher reving N/A engine. The GT350/R is really starting to appeal to me. The thing looks mean as hell! I'm still not a fan of the back end nor the spoiler, but form > function any day of the week.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #64
Bhobbs

Quote:
Yup, I agree. I really do not want to see a FI engine (i.e. LT4) get the role of track engine. Despite the fact that I track my ZL1, I would rather have a higher reving N/A engine. The GT350/R is really starting to appeal to me. The thing looks mean as hell! I'm still not a fan of the back end nor the spoiler, but form > function any day of the week.
Yeah, the new Mustang is growing on me. If it's just the SS and Zwhatever, I'll either keep my 1LE and mod it or jump ship to the GT350.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #65
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Yeah, the new Mustang is growing on me. If it's just the SS and Zwhatever, I'll either keep my 1LE and mod it or jump ship to the GT350.
The worst thing that can happen is GM is forced to beat the competition.. Hard to see the problem with this.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #66
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:

GM has got some seriously stiff competition. This 5.2L FPC is superior to anything GM has to offer for a track set up, or at least it should be since we have yet to see its real world performance. BUT N/A motor with over 500 hp that revs to the moon, definitely appealing to for the track. Couple that with the post that Ford had on one of their social media sites that the GT 350R is 500 lbs less than the Mustang GT..
I seriously doubt the 350r is weighing 3200lbs
And that the 350 is 3350lbs..
If so. Well done Ford. Thanks for showing the way
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #67
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
420 Horsepower is yesterdays news, Many cars have more than that already I really think they are going to come up with something over 500 HP . Or I at least hope so If not then GM will be losing the battle of muscle cars .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #68
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
How do you figure it's a drivers race? The GT350 will be substantially lighter and likely have more power. The base GT350 is likely to be lighter than the Z/28 by a decent amount. Take off an addition 130+ lbs and the gap gets much wider. The GT350 has Cup 2 tires. Not sure how much grip they have compared to the Trofeo Rs but I can't imagine it being all that much. I'm not seeing what the Z/28 has over the GT350R that would give it any major advantage.
Well it should be a good match up. GT350R 3550lbs at least(the lightest GT is 3707lbs and its 150lbs less), what is the size of the tire and grip, and how good the magnetic suspension is compared to the Z28 specific suspension. Dont forget the LS7 is animal and have killer torque and has power everywhere. Z28 suspension is no joke.

Those carbon wheels are going to be pricy LOL

Anyway GM better comes with a better N/A engine now. Well if the ZL1 is priced right, its gonna be a blast though with the LT4 haha

Ford is king of the NAIAS !

They went GTR style with the new Ford GT...TT6 and nice trans...

WAKE UP GM!!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #69
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I think that the 6Gen is being delayed due to Ford's new Mustang. Especially with the new Shelby's now being released. I'm sure GM doesn't want another ZL1 trumped by the GT500 issue. GM has been on top in the Muscle/Pony car wars for years...will that continue? What will GM do to protect their reign?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:59 PM   #70
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I think that the 6Gen is being delayed due to Ford's new Mustang. Especially with the new Shelby's now being released. I'm sure GM doesn't want another ZL1 trumped by the GT500 issue. GM has been on top in the Muscle/Pony car wars for years...will that continue? What will GM do to protect their reign?
I think whatever happens, the new GT500 will be revealed with more power than the ZL1 so why bother about delaying the news? And Ford has enough special cars to wait for the GT500 another 1-2 years haha

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote