Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #43
Guthdawg

Drives: 2017 SS Camaro
Right there with yall !!!
Guthdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #44
SSGator
One slick 2010 Black 2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS 6M
I am here with you guys as well. Still waiting.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #45
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Dude, let me inform you that production was to start in Feb. as someone who "thought" about ordering should have known that So he would have placed an order and waited four months for it to be produced in Feb.
No, you're wrong! I'm just smart enough to know the likeliness that production will start when a car maker first announces it to be never actually happens. To order a car with the thought that production is definitely going to happen in Feb. is stupid and uneducated to how the system works. Until production actually does start there is no guarantee of the start date. That goes for anything. Then on top of that it takes them a while before the cars start rolling out of the assembly plants and on to the dealer lots. V6's are the first to be seen by about a month and then the V8's start making their way.

Quote:
He, like I, also read online from GM sites that if you wanted to be one of the first to be behind the wheel of the new Camaro, to get your order in now! What is funny, well maybe that is the wrong word, it is still up on some sites!
That's hillarious!! Really it is! Seriously is this what Camaro5 is about, being infested by a bunch of people crying because they wanted to be the first on the block with the new Camaro so they can say they got one before everyone else and/or it's not the same after 20 other people own one before you? Maybe I'm just a real Camaro/Firebird/performance car enthusist who'll be thrilled whenever his car gets here so that he'll own the one car that is built like his dream machine and to enjoy the performance and unique looks of the car & to chat with other Camaro enthusists who care not for being the first on the block to own one but rather who are true enthusists of the car and enjoy owning it for the qualities that set the car apart from everyone else and things they've done to take a great car and make it even better with there modifications.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #46
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Do you suppose anybody would get pissed off if I jumped in line in front of them at Subway if it wasn't lunch hour?

Darn...after all these years I been waiting my turn. Silly Me

Just wondering....Might not need to take as long a lunch now.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................

Last edited by carguy; 06-13-2009 at 10:33 AM.
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #47
Blue Joe

Drives: 2010 IBM/1SS
Yoju guys bitch about waiting 8 months,try 31 yrs.I've been waiting 31 yrs for my dream car to be built.This is it!!!!!!It is on a train somewhere right now.8 months ain't s--------t!But,technically we have only been waiting since code 2000,thats when GM agreed to build our car.Those with 2000 code of May 1st have been waiting a month 1/2.
Blue Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #48
Analogy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
I definetely can feel for you guys that ordered in October. I ordered at the beginning of March and I have been having a hard time keeping my sanity since :( . I also have driven my entire family nuts talking about the car. I do have some relief though as my car was shipped on 6-11, so I 'should' be receiving it shortly.

To the OP, since you are at 3400, you should be getting a VIN real soon, since not this week, I would check next wednesday.

Ordered 1SS/RS 3-2-09 1100
2000 4-24-09
2500 4-29-09
3000 4-30-09
3300 5-22-09
Analogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #49
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
No, you're wrong! I'm just smart enough to know the likeliness that production will start when a car maker first announces it to be never actually happens. To order a car with the thought that production is definitely going to happen in Feb. is stupid and uneducated to how the system works. Until production actually does start there is no guarantee of the start date. That goes for anything. Then on top of that it takes them a while before the cars start rolling out of the assembly plants and on to the dealer lots. V6's are the first to be seen by about a month and then the V8's start making their way.

That's hillarious!! Really it is! Seriously is this what Camaro5 is about, being infested by a bunch of people crying because they wanted to be the first on the block with the new Camaro so they can say they got one before everyone else and/or it's not the same after 20 other people own one before you? Maybe I'm just a real Camaro/Firebird/performance car enthusist who'll be thrilled whenever his car gets here so that he'll own the one car that is built like his dream machine and to enjoy the performance and unique looks of the car & to chat with other Camaro enthusists who care not for being the first on the block to own one but rather who are true enthusists of the car and enjoy owning it for the qualities that set the car apart from everyone else and things they've done to take a great car and make it even better with there modifications.
DUDE!!!
Let's see, one,two,three,four,five. Yeah, it's five new vehicle starts at the two plants I have worked at for over twenty years and they all started on the day they were to start. This one was delayed by a company going belly up and trying to keep the dies. Oh yeah, I forgot, you are soo smart that you knew that this happens, you know keeping the dies, at every start up.
Oh, by the way, how many years have you worked in an automotive plant?
Hey, there is another one. A mistake that is...on your part. They try to run a 50/50 V6 to V8 and they didn't make the V6s first with V8s showing up about a month later. They did, however, build about 5,000 LTs that went to the dealer before the R6P V6s.
WOW! You really do have a problem understanding what you read! Don't you?
They are not mad or crying because they wanted to be the first, they just look at the ones who walked into the dealer in May and have built cars before the ones that put money down months before or even last year have had a 3400 event.
Sure, GM lied and knew it when they posted in October that if you put in an order you would get yours first. Your just a phukin idiot
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #50
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I feel your pain.... I'm at 7 months and currently event code 3000
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #51
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hope you get your car soon.
And everyone that's been involved in this process from the beginning knows what's up and understands your frustration.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #52
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Isn't funny how peoples tune changes when They get their Cars or Vins...

You all know you were complainin before you got yours even though you ordered after us.

Now who's the cry baby....
LOLOLOLOLOL.....can't we just all get along..
Coming from a female gear head who luvs the Camaro but
couldn't go through all of this for it...I'll let hubby go through
these trials and tribulations.....no need for both of us to be
basket cases.......
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #53
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
I will never preorder a car after reading all the nightmare posts!

I ordered 4/17 and am at 3400 as of 6/4. Not bad I guess....

J
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #54
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
No my only problem I ever had is that I had a vin number for a month and knew I had a car built and waiting but was being held for no apparent reason. I wouldn't have cared if I was still waiting for my order to be placed because then I would have been looking at what the dealer has done wrong. My problem was having a car and it being held in QC without any explanation. Two totally different things. so yeah I wasn't crying saying I have been waiting 4 months or anything like that I said I had been waiting for how many days it was stuck in QC, different then counting days THE CAR WASN'T even being produced then. Like I said you have been waiting 88 days.
Having a car in QC is completely different than waiting on your order, without holds, to be completed. Your patience does wear thin when you're given no explanation except for, "We aren't sure what's going on." I 100% understand. My car has just re-appeared on the radar after being MIA for over a month.

I do have a question...why is there so much "hate" on this thread? I know we're all frustrated, for different reasons, but come on guys.