Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #57
erbrooks

Drives: 1995 chevy lumina
I'm 6' 150 lbs and did not like the pontiac grand am because of no head room. I found the camaro with a sunroof to be very comfortable in front but I would not want to be in the back, luckily that won't be a problem for me. I didn't get the sunroof anyhow because i like the extra headroom.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #58
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Im not sure how much you played with seating adjustments but dealer told me the seats move up and down. Maybe you could try this. They told me they took the seating from Cadillac. Dont hold me to that. Thats what dealer told me. And you know they will tell you bought anything to sell a car. but Im 6ft 185 and at 1st it was tight then i fooled with adjudtments myself and it was much better. Now back seat does look cramped but Ive not sit back there and dont have any plans on it. I was actually impressed in the room. Its not got nearly the room of what im trading in for the camaro. Trading in 2006 H2 hummer But my daughters old enough now not to have to worry about baby seats anymore. So I think my big problem will go from driving a tank to a sports car but I cant wait suposed to pick it up tomorrow. All weekend Ive been reminded of when I was a kid the day before Christmas. could hardly sleep
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #59
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Man its a muscle car how else would you like it to feel. I mean if you want a rooming car that has horsepower go buy a challenger that is over sized. This is a great car that doesn't have all that much weight to it. I'm sorry if I sound mean but its just something your going to have to get used to if you want this beautiful car!
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #60
sewwhut

Drives: 09busa,67sub,96tahoe,baja5t
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
OK this really needs to stop now. I'm really, really tired of it. It is such a juvenile attitude, and it is making this site look like a bunch of childish fanboys instead of an adult discussion. Anytime someone comes forward with a legitimate concern about one of the Camaro's flaws (yes, it has plenty, like every car on the market) the response is always "Go get an Aveo" or "Go get a minivan". What kind of sense does that make? Expecting a modern performance coupe to have reasonable room, weight, and visibility is not asking too much. It is possible to get those things in a performance car. And wanting them need not relegate one to an econobox or appliance. Someone please show me the where the rule is written that in order to be "worthy" of driving the Camaro you have to check your legitimate concerns at the door and become a mindless fanboy? This is why I don't do forums. This is the only one I belong to, and I only did that because for the longest time there was a conspicuous absence of fanboys, trolls, and other tools around here. That has changed a lot in the past year, and I think I just might have to reinstate my "no forums" rule for my own sanity. Knock it off and let us have a reasonable discussion will you?
.......ok then how about a mini cooper! I'm 6'6 285lbs and i fit in the camaro just fine. I also fit in the mini cooper and there is much more visibility in the cooper.
sewwhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #61
Blue Joe

Drives: 2010 IBM/1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh View Post
Well wouldn't that have given me more room?

I will have to go back and check again, my wife loves the new Camaro, inside and out, so we are looking at them. I did test drive the V6 model and it was decent space-wise while driving. I'll have to play with the seat adjustments more, but I think the seat was quite a ways back as it looked like it took all but a few inches of backseat leg room--bad news for my kids.
Dude, seat is all the way back when it touches the storage bench(back seat).
Blue Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #62
sewwhut

Drives: 09busa,67sub,96tahoe,baja5t
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBowtie View Post
Get serious, the original post made the guy SOUND like an idiot! I'm 6'5", my son is 6'7" and have all kinds of room! Period. I'M getting tired of OP's QUICK criticisms WITHOUT getting their facts straight. I can't believe he SAT in a Camaro and was able to adjust the seat --- it simply didn't happen! If he's expecting seat height like a Silverado, he's looking at the wrong car.
yea yea...........i got u'r back
sewwhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #63
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Yea that's why I try to be more diplomatic nowdays. In saying it's a sports coupe.. that's why it's like that.

And lot of people on the team wanted to chop the roof even more but Holden nixed that idea. For exactly reasons like this.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #64
BLK Panthr
BLK Panthr

Drives: 09 Silverado 3500, 10 Camaro SSRS
Why is the interior so cramped....

I am 6'3 350lbs 33" inseam with seven disc's fused in my back other than I need to enter the Camaro head first I feel completly comfortable with the head room, I have the sunroof as well.

So just go for it and Enjoy

BLK Panthr
BLK Panthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #65
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
Welllll then... I am 5'10", 190lbs, and I fit fine in the car perfectly. Sometimes I reach back to adjust the headrest but my biceps get in the way sometimes. And when I am driving to the beach to take a long walk and work on my tan, I like to roll the windows down and let my short dark hair blow in the wind, but I do have to wear my sunglasses so that my green eyes dont get anything in them. Oh and here is my pic...

Seriously...

Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #66
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelcb80 View Post
Are there any normal sized guys on this forum?! Everyone is 6' or more. Where are all the 5'8"-5'10"ers?
5'9", 160lbs here. Car fits me fine.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:34 AM   #67
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Yeah I am 5'9 so I have no fit issues. (Other than that the doors are kind of tall for me to comfortably rest me elbow on the window sill :( )

The back seat is basically useless unless you cart around toddlers or need a padded bench for your briefcase. But then again, it is a Camaro and they have been like that from the beginning.
While it is a legitimate gripe that the backseat is small, when the list of things that the Camaro needed to be when they were designing it was made, backseat room was probably near the bottom of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:10 AM   #68
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh View Post
Well wouldn't that have given me more room?

I will have to go back and check again, my wife loves the new Camaro, inside and out, so we are looking at them. I did test drive the V6 model and it was decent space-wise while driving. I'll have to play with the seat adjustments more, but I think the seat was quite a ways back as it looked like it took all but a few inches of backseat leg room--bad news for my kids.
The V6 was OK but the V8 was too tight? Maybe the adjustment gears on the 8 was broke or something; there shouldn't have been any difference betwix the two.

I'm 5' 11", 204 with 32" inseam and sat in a V6 and had to adjust the seat FORWARD and UP to get to a good position; it was set way too far back and my legs were almost fully extended. It was too far down as well so I know there's a lot of leeway available.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #69
johnh

Drives: 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
The V6 was OK but the V8 was too tight?
The V8 had a sunroof...so it felt roomier, even though there was less head room. If I get a Camaro it has to have a sunroof (since it doesn't come with T-Tops). Like I said it wasn't bad actually driving though.

I will try one out next time I am at the dealer's and play with it for sometime to make sure I get everything.
johnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #70
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
Im not sure how much you played with seating adjustments but dealer told me the seats move up and down. Maybe you could try this.
Can someone verify this? I don't have my car yet, and read in another thread that the seats DO NOT raise and lower, only forward and back and recline.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!