Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
It really is. Everyone will fight to the death for their color. That's what makes America Great........................Choices.
OK, I'll join in on this fight Silver is a boring color and I too would have preferred to see a different color on the poster add that has the Camaro next to Bumblebee.. If it had been a yellow SS, it would have made the most sense.. Even IOM next to it would have been nice..
Old 06-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
scomaro22

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS! ,'09 Genesis
Quote:
Pop my Ass.....SIM shows all the body lines and looks the meanest. I leave colors for chick's lipstick and fingernails. Otherwise a machine is a MACHINE and should be METAL COLOR.....not some fruity shade of Red. And the Black one, you cannot even tell what car it is unless in extreme sunlight, and it hides all the body lines and everything else, except dirt and swirl marks.

You asked for the Color War! :fighting0040:

I personally think allll of the colors offered for the Camaro look incredible on it. I would be happy with any color. Now, I happen to fall under the soon to be Camaro owner with the "fruity" shade of Red coming on it. I am not quite sure fruity is the right term for the VR color on the Camaro, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, maybe getting a little too worked up about the colors here ?? Ya think ?? I think so.
scomaro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
Blue Joe

Drives: 2010 IBM/1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
SIM shows the lines of the car best out of all the colors...at least I think so.

The other colors may "pop" more and have the race look...like VR or another color...but overall, the detail and lines will show best on SIM.
Silver is not the best color ,but it does show the lines the best.Black is the sharpest but doesen't show the hips.

P.S.(Opposite of what a woman wants)
Blue Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
I really like RJT but I would probably get Black.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #19
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scomaro22 View Post
I personally think allll of the colors offered for the Camaro look incredible on it. I would be happy with any color. Now, I happen to fall under the soon to be Camaro owner with the "fruity" shade of Red coming on it. I am not quite sure fruity is the right term for the VR color on the Camaro, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, maybe getting a little too worked up about the colors here ?? Ya think ?? I think so.
It is called bustin' Balls. Read my last line. But everyone saying Silver doesn't POP is also a bit crazy, when you can clearly see the body lines the best. To each his own, but I will not stand idle while people make statements that are unfounded.

Don't be so sensitive about fruity things, it is OK to be in touch with your more feminine side.................. Just kidding...........I kid, I Kid......
Old 06-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
I dont understand why GM chose the Silver to be the poster child for the car. I mean it doesnt stand out or pop at all. The only reason i could think is that its neutral. I know the silver ice guys will be up in arms, but its not the most catching color. Black or red you would think would catch peoples eyes better or even yellow.

WTF!!! Silver doesn't stand out? There is no way you meant that about this car or any car for that matter. You must not have seen a Silver one in person. I originally ordered a Black on Black 2LT but I'm SOOOOO glad I got SIM instead. I seen a Black one on the floor and it doesn't show all the lines plus it will need a bath at least twice a week. Silver can be dirty and it still will look clean. Also I feel Red and Yellow is too cliche' for sports cars. Moreover, when you think of a Red or Yellow Chevy the first thing that comes to mind for most people is a Vette. So I think Chevy wanted to stray away from that by choosing Silver.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #21
Supermans

Quote:
It really is. Everyone will fight to the death for their color. That's what makes America Great........................Choices.
OK, I'll join in on this fight Silver is a boring color and I too would have preferred to see a different color on the poster add that has the Camaro next to Bumblebee.. If it had been a yellow SS, it would have made the most sense..

Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #22
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Silver is my favorite color on a car, especially BMWs. When I was shopping to order my 2SS, 5 out of the 6 dealerships I asked about colors (I said I was considering SIM), said the Silver was surprisingly unattractive for the Camaro, "kinda boring" was the word. 4 of 6 said IOM is just plain awesome. One dealer called a Black Camaro "menacing" especially with the GFX and black wheels. Another preferred the Blue. The Victory Red is too Corvette-ish.

Yes, Chevrolet chose it for their banner strictly for "neutrality" reasons. People like dark color, others like light colors...GM simply is bridging the gap in their advertising by using the SIM.

IMO, get whatever color makes you happy. It is your car. But I am glad I didn't get the SIM after seeing it in a showroom floor.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #23
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post

WTF!!! Silver doesn't stand out? There is no way you meant that about this car or any car for that matter. You must not have seen a Silver one in person. I originally ordered a Black on Black 2LT but I'm SOOOOO glad I got SIM instead. I seen a Black one on the floor and it doesn't show all the lines plus it will need a bath at least twice a week. Silver can be dirty and it still will look clean. Also I feel Red and Yellow is too cliche' for sports cars. Moreover, when you think of a Red or Yellow Chevy the first thing that comes to mind for most people is a Vette. So I think Chevy wanted to stray away from that by choosing Silver.
Im not going to argue what is the best color. I mean anybody will say Silver simply isnt the best. Even in polls on here what was ordered silver was 3rd from the bottom. It just isnt the best color to display the camaro with. I mean maybe its the neutral thing.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #24
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
combo of proto color and it does show the lines the best in person and in pictures. The darker colors cause the deep sharp lines to dye into the color and not stand out.

J
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #25
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
My take on the colors...let me say I’ve seen pictures of them all and white is truly the only color I don’t like.

I’ll start by saying I’m a proud Silver Ice owner.

I think Inferno Orange may have looked the best of all the picture I’ve seen so far, and I almost regret not getting the car in that color.

I love the look of the Black and I don’t think any car looks better after a good cleanup than black. But my car is a daily driver, and after having a black car in real life the last four years, I didn’t want to go down that road again. It’s a hard car to keep clean.

I love the Victory Red, that was what my 96 was. I think the car looks good in that color but Red just isn’t for me anymore.

I’m not a huge fan of blue cars, but I think the Aqua Blue Metallic looks really good, especially in the pic on BrianGriffin’s signature. Every time I look at that I think it looks sweet. Not a color for me, but I think it looks nice.

Rally Yellow looks good to me, although it reminds me of a Mustang for some reason when I see it. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen so many Mustang’s in that color over the years.

There are pictures where I think Cyber Gray Metallic looks awesome and sometimes I think it looks like a good sedan color.

Red Jewel Tintcoat and Imperial Blue Metallic just doesn’t seem like a color for this car in my opinion, but I still think it looks okay, although it’s definitely not one of my personal favorites.

Summit White. One word: why?

I’m happy with my SIM though…I’m anxious to finally polish it up this weekend. When the sun reflects off of it this car looks so nice. When you’re driving on a gloomy day it kind of looks gray and blends in. I hate to say this car blends in though, because I’ve lost track of all the thumbs up and attention I’ve gotten both on and off the road with it. People notice this car, believe me.

With all that said, I’m very happy with Silver Ice Metallic and think it’s a color I’ll be happy with down the road. I hope so anyhow, I’ve gotten bored with colors in the past.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
RJT reminds my dad a little bit of candy apple red.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #27
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Silver is my favorite color on a car, especially BMWs. When I was shopping to order my 2SS, 5 out of the 6 dealerships I asked about colors (I said I was considering SIM), said the Silver was surprisingly unattractive for the Camaro, "kinda boring" was the word. 4 of 6 said IOM is just plain awesome. One dealer called a Black Camaro "menacing" especially with the GFX and black wheels. Another preferred the Blue. The Victory Red is too Corvette-ish.

Yes, Chevrolet chose it for their banner strictly for "neutrality" reasons. People like dark color, others like light colors...GM simply is bridging the gap in their advertising by using the SIM.

IMO, get whatever color makes you happy. It is your car. But I am glad I didn't get the SIM after seeing it in a showroom floor.
In an advertising campaign that shows a yellow Bumblebee Camaro from the movie next to a silver Camaro for the purpose of telling everyone they can buy Bumblebee simply does not work.. It would make more sense if the color was IOM with the words "On fire!!" above it..sitting next to bumblebee.. Have some flames around the car emanating from it.. I could have made a much better poster than that one.. If someone has a high quality jpg of the image, I can try.. All I could find was that little photograph of the poster..

This would have even been better as well..

Last edited by Supermans; 06-15-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #28
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Shows detail/lines.

But i dont think it shows chrome.
other than the badging, where is there any kind of chrome on this car?
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote